TheFrisk’s WIP Customs Thread

TheFrisk AFI

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted March 31, 2017 - 10:56 PM

About time I update this thread. It was originally specifically for AFI customs, but I’ve been jumping to other bands when I needed a break from AFI stuff. Figured since some of those have been released, and more are on the way, I should update this and mention exactly what’s being worked on and how far along they are.

Something to keep in mind: My goal with any song I chart is to include at least Drums+Guitar. I'd love to have full band customs, but I don't have the greatest ear when it comes to vox/bass/keys. So expect Vocals/Bass/Keys to be charted either if it’s an easy enough part to decipher, if I can find a midi/tab for the part, or if someone is willing and able to help. If you want to help, with those or any parts of any of the songs here, reach out to me!

Onto the list (it's sorta long):

I'm also down for requests if anybody has them. Just let me know (here or PM works fine)

#2 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted April 1, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Omg marry me! Okay but all seriousness I'm so excited!!! Any and all AFI is my request <3

Edit: would love vocals for these at some point if any experienced charters could help out , that'd make my year.. hell my life Haha!
Thanks again!

#3 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 02:55 AM

Omg marry me! Okay but all seriousness I'm so excited!!! Any and all AFI is my request <3

Edit: would love vocals for these at some point if any experienced charters could help out , that'd make my year.. hell my life Haha!
Thanks again!

Yeah, someone else would need to help out for vocals (I don't have the ear for it), though I'd be stoked if anybody wanted to step up and chart them! If such a person is out there, shoot me a message and I can toss you the Reaper/Magma files!

Also, an update for anyone who cares. I uploaded three WIP tracks to the database - 17 Crimes, 37mm, and Rabbits are Roadkill on Route 37 - so go ahead and download those if you haven't! I will also have three more within the next week or so, these tracks being Clove Smoke Catharsis, Dumb Kids, and Days of the Phoenix. 

I've started on a few others (Above the Bridge, Don't Change), but outside of that, I haven't decided what else to attempt. So, if anyone has any requests, post 'em here! :)

#4 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,121 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 03:13 AM

Don't Change (Drums and Keys are done, Guitar needs work)

Interesting, didn't know they covered INXS. Gave it a listen and wasn't terribly impressed, maybe I need to wait for it to grow on me.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#5 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 03:19 AM

Interesting, didn't know they covered INXS. Gave it a listen and wasn't terribly impressed, maybe I need to wait for it to grow on me.

Yeah, it's pretty different and mellow compared to the original. They also did a cover of Morrissey's "Jack the Ripper" around the same time they covered Don't Change (both were Decemberunderground b-sides).

#6 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 09:14 PM

I would love see God Called In Sickness Today, The Wind That Carries Me Away, and most of Burials ! Haha!
All AFI though is very much appreciated!
Thank you! :)

#7 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted May 13, 2017 - 03:56 AM

I would love see God Called In Sickness Today, The Wind That Carries Me Away, and most of Burials ! Haha!
All AFI though is very much appreciated!
Thank you! :)

Good for you then, one of the songs I just finished building is from Burials ;)

So, for anyone who's been downloading these, do they have a preference between me trickling out releases when they're done v holding them off for packs of three? I've noticed others opting for the latter, and if I do that, then the next batch will be Heart Stops, The Interview, and Dumb Kids. Then batch three will be some older tracks, consisting of Clove Smoke Catharsis, Days of the Phoenix, and Catch a Hot One. Otherwise, they'd all just be pumped out as they're finished.

#8 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted May 13, 2017 - 05:34 PM

I like you pumping them out as soon as they are done. But I'm an AFI fanboy so... :rock:  :D

#9 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 1, 2017 - 10:32 PM

Updated the thread! I've been working on a bunch of non-AFI related stuff, and it didn't make sense to have two WIP threads. 

I like you pumping them out as soon as they are done. But I'm an AFI fanboy so... :rock:  :D

That's gonna be the plan from here on out (with both AFI and non AFI songs). I've had a ton of time the past few months thanks to an easy-ish senior semesters and some time off from working thanks to graduating, but once I get a job, I doubt I'll have the time to do multiple songs for packs without holding them off way too long. 

#10 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 1, 2017 - 10:38 PM

Thanks again!

(Sorry for the double post)

This request of yours has been granted. The wonderful LykaiosSparks42 (who charted the vocals for Scarlet Grey's "Mr Sinister") is gonna be charting vocals for some of the AFI tracks. Last we spoke, he was working on the vox for Rabbits are Roadkill, so expect that at some point in the future. :) 

#11 Russell_GuitarGuy

Russell_GuitarGuy
  • 118 posts

Posted June 2, 2017 - 04:48 PM

I have a little request for a Novelty song:

#12 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted June 3, 2017 - 05:35 AM

(Sorry for the double post)

This request of yours has been granted. The wonderful LykaiosSparks42 (who charted the vocals for Scarlet Grey's "Mr Sinister") is gonna be charting vocals for some of the AFI tracks. Last we spoke, he was working on the vox for Rabbits are Roadkill, so expect that at some point in the future. :)

Lykaios is now my second favorite member! The first being you for even bringing  more AFI to the game! haha! <3

#13 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,468 posts

Posted June 6, 2017 - 02:58 AM

It's been since the 90's that I have listened to this album but I got inspired to pop it in.  "Answer That and Stay Fashionable" which is a no brainer these guys were inspired by Reservoir Dog's.  The album is just ok overall to me but there is a handful of good songs on here.  If I had to pick 3 of my favorites from it I'd go with:

Yurf Rendenmein

The Checkered Demon

Highschool Football Hero

If you ever decided to work on these songs I can help out with vocals and drums.  Same goes for the songs I mentioned on "Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes".  I'll give a listen to the other AFI Nitro albums in the future and give you my top 3 on those.

#14 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 6, 2017 - 03:26 AM

Highschool Football Hero would be a fun one. I think I'll take you up on that offer!

#15 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 02:56 AM

Up until this point, I’ve been jumping around from song to song, charting whatever seemed the most fun for me to play. While most of these tracks have been from their newer albums, a few of you have expressed interest in their older material. So, to gauge interest, I’m opening it up to a poll; which album would you like to see? 

I’ve updated the OP with a poll, with each album and major EP receiving an entry (the Pre-Nitro EP's are all lumped into one). Whichever entry gets the most votes is the one I’ll start on, and I’ll go through the rest in order of interest. Each track will be released one by one, following my usual charting rules (at least G+D), and barring any specific requests or collaboration offers, I’ll most likely work in a random order within that album. 

I’ve noticed others doing similar polls for their projects, and while I’m not considering this as AFI Rock Band or whatever, I would like to see their whole discography up here at some point in the future and I may as well start and work on the songs people would actually be most interested in playing. 

So go ahead and vote on your most favorite/the album’s worth of material you’d like to see first!

In non AFI-related news, expect a new Pvris track within the next day or so, as well as an old RBN track I was working on (more news on that later). 

#16 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 04:31 AM

I honestly will take any and all AFI, but I voted Sing The Sorrow just because I love that album a lot. This Time Imperfect's vocals would be insane. 

#17 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 04:40 AM

I honestly will take any and all AFI, but I voted Sing The Sorrow just because I love that album a lot. This Time Imperfect's vocals would be insane. 

This Time Imperfect would be a killer song for vox. Just remember though, the initial uploads of these won't have the vox charts. I'm reliant on others to fill in those. It also looks like StS is winning, so your TTI wish might be closer than you think :)

Also, anyone out there have any Pvris preferences? I've been on a kick of theirs lately (if it wasn't obvious from St Patrick and Fire coming out recently), and am curious if anyone has been wanting any of theirs. I've got My House and Ghosts as WIP's, but am open to other tracks of theirs if there's any demand.

#18 Dangus

Dangus
  • 190 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 03:50 PM

Not a big PVRIS fan so can't help there but since you did do blaqk audio I was going to share this song with you, perhaps you could chart it? :)

#19 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 09:03 PM

ALL THE PVRIS!

#20 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 85 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 01:22 AM

Not a big PVRIS fan so can't help there but since you did do blaqk audio I was going to share this song with you, perhaps you could chart it? :)

It sounds pretty good, I'll toss it on my list.

ALL THE PVRIS!

Well, you'll have at least two more tracks coming pretty soon ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TheFrisk, AFI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users