The source code to all my programs.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 238 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 05:46 PM

Thanks a lot TrojanNemo, i'm developer too, linguages that i´m programming: C#, PHP and java, i know this is very time consuming, Thanks for put your source, and guys, please respect TrojanNemo hard work, don´t use his software for bad intentions and benefits, i will take a look at source for studies and learn more about the software.

#22 Damage Inc.

Damage Inc.
  • 117 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 10:54 PM

I'm not a charter but I know that you are a major piece of this whole rocktopia, Thank you for all of your hard work and your influence on the next generation of customs charters that are still learning about C3. Best wishes and good luck to any future endeavor you may choose to embark upon. All community members should raise a drink to you and play a setlist in your honor.  P.S. Before you retire, can I pay you to do a song for me?  I'm just kidding of course, CHEERS!

#23 PilgriM80

PilgriM80
  • 40 posts

Posted March 22, 2017 - 07:30 AM

thanks for your massive contributions to rb customs.

i remember when you and far were just getting started on that iso site.

cant think we would be here without you.

#24 RainbowDash321

RainbowDash321
  • 23 posts

Posted March 22, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thank You Nemo for making it possible. If the programs wasn't made, none of this wouldn't happen. I enjoyed a lot of these customs people made. You sir deserve it.

#25 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 22, 2017 - 01:57 PM

Redditor and RBN author/musician TriumphantBass added the four I shared on Reddit to Github. I've added those links to the OP.

#26 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 623 posts

Posted March 22, 2017 - 02:34 PM

Thank you so much for helping make C3 what it is today. 

Enjoy your hobbies and life ........  :)

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#27 Freewaymad

Freewaymad
  • 409 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 05:39 AM

Thank you for all that you have done here. You programs are an asset to the whole creative process. I can not even imagine what it would have been like to author anything without them. I wish you the best on your endeavors.

#28 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 02:57 PM

It looks like TriumphantBass had added all of them to Github, so I re-worked the OP a little bit to include links to each on Github as well as direct links to the files as I worked with them.

And to all of you who have been posting thanking me. I'm not ignoring you. I just don't know what to say because I didn't post this in the hopes of getting attention or anything like that. I'm glad the tools I either worked on or created have helped you all. They also helped me learn and I got tremendous enjoyment out of working on them over the years. Now life is keeping me busy with other things and I just don't have the time to dedicate to Rock Band anymore. The guitars are still on my wall. The customs are still on my hard drive. But I don't play it almost ever, and I certainly don't chart or program for it anymore. But I'll still be on these forums. I just want the community to continue without my input and hopefully I'll see something cool and new be made out of the source code I shared.

#29 kueller

kueller
  • 52 posts

Posted March 23, 2017 - 07:22 PM

Special thank for your work on these tools. It really helped make the process available to everyone. Can't wait to take a  look at these and see what I can make from them. I got about half-way to properly parsing the CON files so this could be the boost to finish it up.

#30 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 203 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 12:27 AM

W00T! Thank you TrojanNemo for all your hard work put into these programs! Definitely will dig into some of these to see how they work, maybe spin something new off of them. Was thinking of adding some additional language tags and sub genres missing from the Prog genre in the Magma compiler, maybe figure out some other features to add/fix.

Thanks again!

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/PS)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

SEE WIP THREAD

STARBIRD WITH YOUR LIGHT LEAD US ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#31 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 12:33 AM

Unfortunately, you will find that MagmaCompiler is not something we have the source code for. It's compiled in C++ I believe, and we couldn't reverse it like Magma itself. The few changes we made to MagmaCompiler were very dirty assembly hacks.

As far as adding new languages and sub genres, remember that you can't add to the game by modifying Magma...so that's pretty useless. Neither the language nor the subgenre end up in the RBA file. The only thing that changing the language did was change the encoding that MagmaCompiler would use, to allow special characters. If you add new subgenres, you'd have to modify C3 CON Tools as well to get Visualizer to show them.

#32 doomguy500

doomguy500
  • 28 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 01:52 AM

Thank you for all of the hard work and time put into these programs!

#33 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 203 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 01:57 AM

Unfortunately, you will find that MagmaCompiler is not something we have the source code for. It's compiled in C++ I believe, and we couldn't reverse it like Magma itself. The few changes we made to MagmaCompiler were very dirty assembly hacks.

As far as adding new languages and sub genres, remember that you can't add to the game by modifying Magma...so that's pretty useless. Neither the language nor the subgenre end up in the RBA file. The only thing that changing the language did was change the encoding that MagmaCompiler would use, to allow special characters. If you add new subgenres, you'd have to modify C3 CON Tools as well to get Visualizer to show them.

I'm familiar with C++, but that's a shame that you couldn't get it to work. Thanks for letting me know. I was looking more so for changes to the visualizer.

SEE WIP THREAD

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#34 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 02:02 AM

Well, the problem isn't with understanding C++, it's that once C++ is compiled, you can't decompile it like we did with Magma itself as that was in C#. If you know assembly and know how to dirty hack executables, you might be able to accomplish something. But I have no idea. I had a law school friend who happened to have been a crack programmer for IBM before help me with that particular task.

Magma and C3 CON Tools are designed to work together. If you add custom stuff in Magma, you have to add it to C3 CON Tools as well so it can show it. That includes Visualizer stuff. It's easy, relatively speaking. But you gotta do it.

#35 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 203 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 02:12 AM

Assembly is hard on the surface, just need to know the default processor architecture for the program order to interpret it. Assuming the program is for Windows (which I don't know if it is or not), likely the i386 and/or amd64 architecture. I don't know how to dirty hack executable files, but I can interpret assembly by looking at the language specs. It'll be a ton of work though, I know of no way to easily work through thousands of lines of assembly code without doing it by hand.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure the Visualizer additions are put across both tools.

SEE WIP THREAD

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#36 MFX

MFX
  • 389 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 02:14 AM

Also find myself drifting away from the customs scene these days. Can't remember the last time I played.

Thanks for all the tools (and site). And thanks for helping me out with my own utility, also!

#37 Domino

Domino
  • 241 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 05:52 AM

Q. OMG, does that mean we can figure out how C3 encrypts its files? Are you crazy?
A. No, and maybe. The source code for all of these has been redacted where necessary to protect C3. There is nothing left in there regarding encryption or decryption of files, C3 passwords, etc. Sorry.

Does this mean that if we make changes to a program (say cPlayer or CON tools, just midi read/display changes) and recompile, does that mean the new version will not be able to read a previously C3 encrypted CON's audio for playback? and making it behave like it does on official DLC.

#38 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 10:51 AM

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#39 Domino

Domino
  • 241 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 11:22 AM

Does this mean that if we make changes to a program (say cPlayer or CON tools, just midi read/display changes) and recompile, does that mean the new version will not be able to read a previously C3 encrypted CON's audio for playback? and making it behave like it does on official DLC.

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

aww crap :(

Well, here's hoping the torch can be passed to a trusted person/team and include the encryption code with new updates. "C3 - The Next Generation"
There is still a hell of a lot of functionality that doesn't involve the encryption, that I'll probably tinker with when I get time.

Thanks again.

#40 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,764 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 12:29 PM

Well, unfortunately there was no way to remove the source code for it and keep the functionality in at the same time. If/when C3 gets a designated person to get the unredacted source code, that person will have the keys to the kingdom, so to speak. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users