RBPH fork with new keyboard bits, and more!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 ThatsGooodJason

ThatsGooodJason
  • 3 posts

Posted October 4, 2018 - 10:31 AM

is anyone else getting freezing any time they play one way or another or wonderwall? this happens whether I'm trying to sing harmonies or do keys. nothing looks wrong in the midis, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

This is happening to me as well. I've tried redownloading and repackaging, checking and unchecking Verbose, but keys just don't work for either of these songs.

#62 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 788 posts

Posted October 15, 2018 - 03:06 PM

This is happening to me as well. I've tried redownloading and repackaging, checking and unchecking Verbose, but keys just don't work for either of these songs.

Sorry, I missed these messages until I got a tap on the shoulder.  I really need to start looking at the forums more often.  I'll see if I can check these tonight (Monday the 15th) or at least this week and figure out what's going on.

#63 dr waffles

dr waffles
  • 26 posts

Posted October 24, 2018 - 09:31 AM

the way I fixed it for both songs was to bundle the upgrades with the songs directly, the c3 con tools tutorial video on youtube gives a good explanation on how to do this, it starts around 0:57:42.

#64 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 788 posts

Posted May 26, 2019 - 07:24 PM

It's been a long time coming, but we finally have new upgrades to show off.  As announced for C3X, the RBHP fork now has keys upgrades for the following 10 songs:

• AFI - "Miss Murder" - keys by Linos Melendi
  • Carl Douglas - "Kung Fu Fighting" - keys by TheSheepQueen
  • Evanescence - "Call Me When You're Sober" - keys by Linos Melendi
  • Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" - keys by Linos Melendi and FujiSkunk
  • Katrina and the Waves - "Walking on Sunshine" - keys by TheSheepQueen
  • Alanis Morisette - "You Oughta Know" -  keys by TheSheepQueen
  • Queen - "Another One Bites the Dust" - keys by TheSheepQueen
  • Scars on Broadway - "They Say" - keys by Linos Melendi
  • Shinedown - "Devour" - keys by Linos Melendi and FujiSkunk
  • We the Kings - "Check Yes Juliet" - keys by Linos Melendi and FujiSkunk

This latest update also includes the following fixes:

• No Doubt - "Don't Speak" - corrected vocal tonic
  • Tom Petty - "Free Fallin'" - fixed sustain tails for pro keys and 5-lane keys

Additional upgrades and possible fixes are in the pipe, and I still plan on coordinating with other C3'ers to get even more goodies into the Project.  Stay tuned, and thanks to everyone who has contributed and who still plays, all these years later!

#65 ThatsGooodJason

ThatsGooodJason
  • 3 posts

Posted June 1, 2019 - 02:57 AM

Nice. Thanks for keeping this abandoned instrument in use for my Rock Band parties!

Did you ever figure out what was going on with One Way or Another and Wonderwall?

#66 Andy

Andy
  • 52 posts

Posted June 1, 2019 - 06:45 AM

Interesting project... I have a couple of dumb questions :)

Since the additions are only in the _plus.mid file, I suppose that adding keys won't make their audio controlled by the player, right? Because that would require to change the mogg file as well.

Then also obviously, these updates require to have first exported songs into RB3?

#67 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 788 posts

Posted June 4, 2019 - 02:00 AM

Did you ever figure out what was going on with One Way or Another and Wonderwall?

Not yet, sorry.  Honestly those slipped my mind and my queue.  I'll do some investigating soon.

Interesting project... I have a couple of dumb questions :)

Since the additions are only in the _plus.mid file, I suppose that adding keys won't make their audio controlled by the player, right?

Actually keys will control keys audio... more or less.  Almost every song in the game, including every song with an available keys upgrade, has a "fifth" track for the background audio.  Each song's updated DTA has code that links that audio to the keys chart.  For some songs, it's a perfect solution.  For other songs it's not quite perfect, since missing a keys note will also cut out background vocals, extra instruments, and anything else in the background track.  But it's better than nothing, I think.

Then also obviously, these updates require to have first exported songs into RB3?

Yes, any song you wish to upgrade needs to be playable in RB3, either purchased as DLC in RB3 or prior (not purchased in RB4), or exported from the earlier discs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users