MrPrezident's WIP Thread

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted November 21, 2016 - 05:47 PM

--- Recent Updates:  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/13/17 - Clutch "X-Ray Visions" added

07/01/17 - Canada 150 Pack #4

07/07/17 - Vulfpeck "Funky Duck" and "1612" added

07/21/17 - Ween "Object" added

08/02/17 - Queens of the Stone Age x 5 Pack

08/07/17 - Radiohead "Man of War"

I don't like to see effort duplicated so if you have any questions please ask, I'm ALWAYS up for collaborations.

---- Activity Log: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Activity

2016 Activity

------- SO, WHAT'S UP NEXT? --------------------------------------------------

- ongoing collab project with my bro Spindoctor

- collab with BansheeFlyer

-Kaiser Chiefs, Eagles of Death Metal, Pixies, Frank Black and WEEN are all in queue

----- On Hold --------------------------------------------------------------------------

These songs are on indefinite hold, they need your help to survive:

Tenacious D - "City Hall"   -  Most instruments complete, vocals started.

Pentagram - "Forever My Queen"  -  Drums 75% done, other instruments started

Sleep - "Dragonaut" - guitar and drums mostly done

---------  Abandoned Songs  -------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to touch these again for reasons, and they're not good enough for the DB so have at them. 

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#2 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 300 posts

Posted November 21, 2016 - 06:08 PM

Great to see you are working on customs as well.
A lot of unknown songs for me but it'll be interesting to play them regardless. I'm also really curious how some parts of Popular will translate to Rock Band. Looking forward to it :)

Good luck with your list.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#3 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 51 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 - 05:29 PM

Looking forward to seeing Beat on the Brat, Transdermal Celebration, and Mongoloid!

Are you planning on doing any more Ween? I've never listened to 12GCG (gotta get on that), but I'd love to work with you on anything from, say, Pure Guava or The Mollusk.

#4 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 - 06:28 PM

I would love to do more Ween!   Anything in particular ?    Voodoo Lady really needs to be done.   I will give PG and Mollusk another listen and see if anything grabs me.   I'm really loving White Pepper's "Exactly Where I'm At" these days.

There are surprisingly a lot of Ween fans on this board.   I have yet to meet one in real life.

#5 Froogzer

Froogzer
  • 294 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 12:25 AM

Yo!
I see you're interested in tinfoil! I'll send you what TheWay123 and I have done so far if you want. Oh, and by the way, I'm the one who charted Another Sunday by I Mother Earth. Guitar only, not bass though.

Charter and procrastinator extraordinaire, at your disservice. D:

#6 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 03:06 AM

SWEET!  Pm sent

#7 mrcoupdetat

mrcoupdetat
  • 74 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 05:39 AM

Nice list! "Making Plans for Nigel" would make an awesome addition to C3.

#8 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted November 25, 2016 - 01:35 AM

Thanks, friends, enjoy that turkey.

Added:

Ween - Mutilated Lips
Ween - Buckingham Green

#9 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 04:38 AM

Added:  Devo, Ween, Misfits, Eagles of Death Metal.

I'm glad I waited until I had a few songs ready, I think that makes more sense just because posting/publishing this stuff correctly takes quite some time as well.  Other than that things are going great, I'm figuring out more and more stuff and each new song I start gets done that much more efficiently.   Also I am grabbing some of the official harmonix files from my xbox, ripping into those in Reaper to see how the pro's do it.  Is that normal?  It's highly illuminating.

I need to focus more on dryvox lipsynchs and venues, I'm just doing the bare basics on those fronts.   

"Poets" (Tragically Hip) "Transdermal Celebration" (Ween)  and "Piss up a Rope" (Ween) are currently in testing.  I've tempo mapped everything in the first section above and most have vocals & harmonies.  

I'm collaborating on Ween's "Buckingham Green"   "Mutilated Lips" and "The Blarney Stone" with Samyaza, "Tinfoil" with Froogmart & theway123, some Tragically Hip with Crazy Canuck.

I would love to do more collaborating with people in this fine community, so far this has been really fun learning song authoring.

Finally, I am working on one more update before the end of 2016.

Thanks for the comments friends, I really appreciate them.

#10 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,037 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 06:18 PM

Good call on checking how a proper song is done. :)

#11 negguy

negguy
  • 3 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 02:54 AM

Dude...you have some awesome Tragically Hip songs in the works...can't wait! Also Headstones...lots of Headstones...lol.

Keep up the good work!

#12 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Farottone.

Negguy - I'll PM you when they are ready so you won't miss them.    I just added "Hundredth Meridian" - Crazy Canuck did the drums and I found a Frets on Fire chart of guitar and bass, merged them.  Easy peasy.

I am trying hard to get one or two or three of them out for Christmas :)   Should be no problem at the rate I'm going.

#13 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:38 PM

Removed:  Devo - Jocko Homo
Removed:   Devo - Satisfaction

Well this was a terrible idea, the songs alternates between three time signatures and while I feel it's by no means impossible to tempo map, I need some more practice.  I'll revisit these in a few months when I'm looking for new ideas.

Removed:

EODM - I Love you all the time
Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker

Another author has notified me that they are working on these, so I will collaborate with them on their projects instead.  

I have added four songs by Tenacious D, however I will keep them somewhat secret until they are ready.  Three from the first album and one from their last.   I am actually getting a lot of work done on my customs, so expect to see some soon.  

#14 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 04:14 PM

I've released 3 out of 4 of the Tenacious D songs I'm working on.   The last one is quite challenging to author and will take another few weeks of testing.

Three Ween songs are next up.   Buckingham Green, Mutilated Lips, Transdermal Celebration.

Once those are out, I promise to go back and fix all the reported issues with everything I've released to date, most of which are already done but untested.   Sorry the fixes take so long, I'm trying to be as careful as possible and not introduce new issues as I go.

At that point I will return to working on Tragically Hip and a few other surprises.   I will admit that around Dec 10th I stopped work on the Hip to focus on "easier" material, particularly charting the guitar was giving me headaches.   Now that I have 14 songs out I feel a bit more confident and have a plan in mind to get them playable.   Most of them are 3/4 done but its that last 1/4 that is a real bitch.  

#15 Kloporte

Kloporte
  • 248 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 07:08 PM

The last one is quite challenging to author and will take another few weeks of testing.

You can send me the RPP file for the last one if you want me to take a look, I'd be happy to help. :)

#16 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 01:22 AM

Thanks!  I'll put a few more hours of work in on it and then I will take you up on that.  

Edit:

If you're wondering why I removed my WIP list of songs, fear not, I'm still working on all of them.

About a year ago and a half ago, Harmonix started announcing the month's artists ahead of time and then a few months ago switched to straight up listing the full details (artist and song) on the first of the month.   For me this took all of the fun out of weekly DLC completely.  There's no surprises anymore (well there's one).

So I'm going to try things differently for a while and keep the songs and artists under wraps.  I might even try announcing things ahead of time as hints or graphics and videos, as other authors do - the great authors of C3.

I will say this, its Canada's 150th birthday, and we will celebrate with music.

Please feel free to make requests, especially those of a collaborative nature.    Cheers

#17 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted February 9, 2017 - 05:05 PM

I've shared my failed version of Ween's "Piss Up a Rope" in case anybody wants to finish it.  I won't be adding it to the database, I don't think its good enough in its current unfinished state.   Perhaps someone will take over, well you never know...

#18 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:37 PM

jE9fHIS.png

#19 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 04:51 AM

I added some fixes...

Ween - Freedom of '76  (dryvox)

Ween - The Mollusk (dryvox)

Ween - Mister Richard Smoker (dryvox)

Tenacious D - Roadie (bass sync in the last 1/3 of the song was off by a bit, dryvox)

Ramones - Judy is a Punk (I forgot the animation markers, dryvox)

The last two fixes I am doing are for Wolfmother-Dimension (multitrack upgrade) and XTC - Making Plans for Nigel (drum track rewrite).   

#20 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 532 posts

Posted February 23, 2017 - 07:40 PM

2/23/17

-Added the first Canada 150 Concert Pack

This pack makes 31 songs that I've contributed to the community in 114 days (I started this adventure on Nov. 1st 2016) which surpasses the goal I set for myself when I started, which was to make 20 songs before I gave up completely!  LOL  hahaha that's not gonna happen, don't worry.

-Up next is an April Fools pack with a few 'fun' themed songs.

-Dash Riprock has generously authored Pro-Keys for "Elvis Costello - Alison" so expect that upgrade soon.

-There will be more Canada 150 concerts with the final one on Canada Day July 1 2017.   A new concert poster will be unveiled in about two weeks time.

-I am doing many collaborations with some very talented authors, more on those soon.

I'm very happy to be a contributor in this community.  Thanks for all the encouragement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users