MrPrezident's WIP Thread

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted November 21, 2016 - 05:47 PM

There should be only one song database entry, so we can't all work on the same exact songs unless we communicate and collaborate.  

My main focus is to bring the songs I grew up with to Rock Band, which is mainly 1990's Canadian alt-rock.  I will also be filling in some randoms from bands that were overlooked, or songs that were missed from bands that are already well represented.   Also I am a huge fan of cover versions, so many great bands have done amazing tributes.

I'll break this into two groups - First are charts that I've already started.   I've found that doing things in the order of "tempo map / vocals / harmonies / drums / bass / guitar / keys / everything else"  works best for me.   I don't think there's much point in updating exactly where I'm at with each song but if you want to know please ask.

............Already underway............

Eagles of Death Metal - Silverlake KSOFM

ELO - Evil Woman (collab with Ultimate_MANG0)

Headstones - Cubically Contained

Ramones - Beat on the Brat

Tenacious D - ???? ????
Tenacious D - ???
Tenacious D - ??? ?????
Tenacious D - ????????

The Tragically Hip - 38 Years Old

The Tragically Hip - 50 Mission Cap

The Tragically Hip - Ahead by a Century

The Tragically Hip - Courage (Collab with CrazyCanuck)
The Tragically Hip - At the Hundredth Meridian (Collab with CrazyCanuck)

The Tragically Hip - Grace, Too

The Tragically Hip - Little Bones (Collab with CrazyCanuck)

The Tragically Hip - Nautical Disaster

The Tragically Hip - Poets

Ween - Buckingham Green (collab with Samyaza)

Ween - Mutilated Lips (collab with Samyaza)

Ween - Piss Up a Rope

Ween - Transdermal Celebration (Collab with Sideshow)  (In Testing....)

I'd love any offers to collaborate.  If you know of a chart that is on my list and is already underway please point that out so I can figure out how to move forward.   You can help me prioritize these releases by telling me which ones you'd like to play next, or if there are any songs you think I should take a shot at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates: 

11/21/16 - Thread Started
11/24/16 - More ween!
12/8/16 - Ween, Devo, Misfits, Eagles of Death Metal
1/10/16 - Scaled things back, removed about 1/4 of the songs.  Let's be real, these take a while to do properly.
1/11/17 - Wolfmother, XTC, Pavement

-= My Customs =-        -= My WiPs =-  

#2 Jimi369

Jimi369
  • 260 posts

Posted November 21, 2016 - 06:08 PM

Great to see you are working on customs as well.
A lot of unknown songs for me but it'll be interesting to play them regardless. I'm also really curious how some parts of Popular will translate to Rock Band. Looking forward to it :)

Good luck with your list.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

#3 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 19 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 - 05:29 PM

Looking forward to seeing Beat on the Brat, Transdermal Celebration, and Mongoloid!

Are you planning on doing any more Ween? I've never listened to 12GCG (gotta get on that), but I'd love to work with you on anything from, say, Pure Guava or The Mollusk.

"The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike... by the guidance of the Great Will."

My releases

My WIPs

#4 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 - 06:28 PM

I would love to do more Ween!   Anything in particular ?    Voodoo Lady really needs to be done.   I will give PG and Mollusk another listen and see if anything grabs me.   I'm really loving White Pepper's "Exactly Where I'm At" these days.

There are surprisingly a lot of Ween fans on this board.   I have yet to meet one in real life.

#5 Froogs

Froogs
  • 258 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 12:25 AM

Yo!
I see you're interested in tinfoil! I'll send you what TheWay123 and I have done so far if you want. Oh, and by the way, I'm the one who charted Another Sunday by I Mother Earth. Guitar only, not bass though.
Hey, I'd come up with a witty idea for a signature but, I can't seem to think of an idea for one at the moment, so I'm just going to leave this here in case I think of one later.

Check out my song thread for all things Rock and Metal! - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4170

Request a song for me to chart, here! - https://docs.google.... ... rm?c=0&w=1

#6 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 03:06 AM

SWEET!  Pm sent

#7 mrcoupdetat

mrcoupdetat
  • 42 posts

Posted November 23, 2016 - 05:39 AM

Nice list! "Making Plans for Nigel" would make an awesome addition to C3.

#8 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted November 25, 2016 - 01:35 AM

Thanks, friends, enjoy that turkey.

Added:

Ween - Mutilated Lips
Ween - Buckingham Green

#9 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 04:38 AM

Added:  Devo, Ween, Misfits, Eagles of Death Metal.

I'm glad I waited until I had a few songs ready, I think that makes more sense just because posting/publishing this stuff correctly takes quite some time as well.  Other than that things are going great, I'm figuring out more and more stuff and each new song I start gets done that much more efficiently.   Also I am grabbing some of the official harmonix files from my xbox, ripping into those in Reaper to see how the pro's do it.  Is that normal?  It's highly illuminating.

I need to focus more on dryvox lipsynchs and venues, I'm just doing the bare basics on those fronts.   

"Poets" (Tragically Hip) "Transdermal Celebration" (Ween)  and "Piss up a Rope" (Ween) are currently in testing.  I've tempo mapped everything in the first section above and most have vocals & harmonies.  

I'm collaborating on Ween's "Buckingham Green"   "Mutilated Lips" and "The Blarney Stone" with Samyaza, "Tinfoil" with Froogmart & theway123, some Tragically Hip with Crazy Canuck.

I would love to do more collaborating with people in this fine community, so far this has been really fun learning song authoring.

Finally, I am working on one more update before the end of 2016.

Thanks for the comments friends, I really appreciate them.

#10 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,668 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 06:18 PM

Good call on checking how a proper song is done. :)

#11 negguy

negguy
  • 2 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 02:54 AM

Dude...you have some awesome Tragically Hip songs in the works...can't wait! Also Headstones...lots of Headstones...lol.

Keep up the good work!

#12 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Farottone.

Negguy - I'll PM you when they are ready so you won't miss them.    I just added "Hundredth Meridian" - Crazy Canuck did the drums and I found a Frets on Fire chart of guitar and bass, merged them.  Easy peasy.

I am trying hard to get one or two or three of them out for Christmas :)   Should be no problem at the rate I'm going.

#13 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 144 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:38 PM

Removed:  Devo - Jocko Homo
Removed:   Devo - Satisfaction

Well this was a terrible idea, the songs alternates between three time signatures and while I feel it's by no means impossible to tempo map, I need some more practice.  I'll revisit these in a few months when I'm looking for new ideas.

Removed:

EODM - I Love you all the time
Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker

Another author has notified me that they are working on these, so I will collaborate with them on their projects instead.  

I have added four songs by Tenacious D, however I will keep them somewhat secret until they are ready.  Three from the first album and one from their last.   I am actually getting a lot of work done on my customs, so expect to see some soon.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users