C3 Forums

MrPrez's Customs: Thread-surrection

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's more coming. You won't be disappointed. I bet you can imagine that they take a considerably greater amount of time and effort to chart when compared to something like "Human Fly".   That b

Maple syrup yucky!!! Send chocolatey sauce What kind of smokes?

This all rules. I have seperate guitar and drum customs for Chilliwack - Fly At Night if someone wants to join them and complete it..

I too have these files. You would think well they are the same song we should be able to just put the 2 together & wahla. Such isn't the case with a lot of these.

The tempo maps are quite different in places & the charts drift apart.

I might one day get the urge to fix it up right if no one else takes on the challenge.

wow i dont think that i can thank you all enough for this !!

This is so incredible and awesome and I cant wait to play these songs this weekend !!

C3 as a whole is such an amazing place and this Canadian content is just the icing on the cake for me - thanks again all !!

By God, this certainly turned out to be quite the event I had hoped for.....(and then some!!)

Thanks to you Mr. Prez and every single one of you authors involved in this amazing team effort for knocking out a few more staples of classic rock that have long been wanted and needed in this game! Much love for all you guys are doing in getting all this together. Mind blowing stuff, man! :rock: :D

I also know someone who is gonna be twice as excited (as I am now), for just one song in this awesome batch! Soon as she finds out... she gonna shit! I'm sure you'll hear from her sometime this evening! LOL!

Stupendous work, fellas....Thank You's just barely scratch the surface of our gratitude! :D

Thanks everyone, you're all most welcome. This pack was a real pleasure to work on from start to finish. The other authors worked very hard for a couple weeks, and my weekly RB group kept getting spoiled with new songs every week but did a great job testing everything.

Some great suggestions. About half of the songs in the last pack were suggested in this very thread, so keep them coming. This has been a great help for me because I'm learning about Canadian bands I've never seen or heard of, and there's many forgotten hits being mentioned that can finally get made into customs.

Will there be more in the future?

You bet! Canada Day, July 1st 2017, baby! I'm here for a good time, AND a long time. Turns out.

Beyond that, YES! I will keep putting out packs of Canadian content for the rest of the year, it's clearly wanted and enjoyed by a lot of people, and that's all that matters. Just off the top of my head, one in July - August - October - December. Like space them out a bit so that I can work on other songs as well.

I think I have a solid setlist in mind for Canada Day, some of the songs are already well underway, some are even finished already. It won't be as large as the Classic Rock Holiday but I'm aiming for about 10 great songs. Spindoctor, Dash Riprock and mortarion42 have already contributed charts. Go Team Canada Customs!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the concert poster that I made to promote the pack was inspired directly by this classic one from 1970.

Until soon, enjoy the music!

Also, I hate to be the guy who looks an incredible release in the face and immediately makes another/different request...

but by any chance is "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature" part of this project?

No of course not, I'm the guy that loves getting suggestions.

"No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature" is an awesome song. Thank you, its now on a list. No problem.

Also noted is Weeping Tile, Teenage Head, Tokyo Police Club and Forgotten Rebels. If you have any specific songs in mind, go for it. Something (Canadian) for everyone!

About half of the songs in the last pack were suggested in this very thread, so keep them coming. This has been a great help for me because I'm learning about Canadian bands I've never seen or heard of, and there's many forgotten hits being mentioned that can finally get made into customs.

You asked for it...I'm sure some of these are already on any project list that has "Neil Young" involved with it. Will stick to the "probably most well-known" ones to start.

"Southern Man"
"Cinnamon Girl"
"Old Man"
"Ohio" (with CS&N)
"The Needle & The Damage Done"
"After the Gold Rush"
"Only Love Can Break Your Heart"
"Harvest Moon"
and for insanely long guitar solos...
"Down By the River"
"Cowgirl in the Sand"

You asked for it...I'm sure some of these are already on any project list that has "Neil Young" involved with it. Will stick to the "probably most well-known" ones to start.

"Southern Man"

"Cinnamon Girl"

"Old Man"

"Ohio" (with CS&N)

"The Needle & The Damage Done"

"After the Gold Rush"

"Only Love Can Break Your Heart"

"Harvest Moon"

and for insanely long guitar solos...

"Down By the River"

"Cowgirl in the Sand"

Good grief, yes, all of those.

Anything new from April Wine.

Anything from " Triumph " ! Not one song in RB3 from this great 3 piece Canadian Band....... :crying:

Lay it on the Line big classic hit back in my youth.

It's your lucky day then because "Lay It On The Line" is TOTALLY in the database

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/c3-0808-r656

Great suggestions all.

MrPrezident, I will formally declare that playing that awesomely charted bass for 'Magic Carpet Ride' was the most exhilarating RB3 experience I've had in quite some time. Makes me feel like getting off the ride and saying "Forget about the rest of the amusement park, I'm riding this one for the rest of my time here", Hell, I even believe there's a little extra 'spring' in my step after playing last night! :D :rock: Thanks again!

As far as more Triumph..."Fight The Good Fight" would be cool!

+1 for "Guess Who's "No Sugar Tonight" and all of what was suggested for Neil Young!

(although I do believe "Ohio" has already been released by Nunchuck and Sygenysis in the data base, if I'm not mistaken.)

We played Magic Carpet Ride (among many other customs) last night and had a blast! :rock:

Thanks again for charting and sharing these great songs with us!

MrPrezident, I will formally declare that playing that awesomely charted bass for 'Magic Carpet Ride' was the most exhilarating RB3 experience I've had in quite some time. Makes me feel like getting off the ride and saying "Forget about the rest of the amusement park, I'm riding this one for the rest of my time here", Hell, I even believe there's a little extra 'spring' in my step after playing last night! :D :rock: Thanks again!

That's awesome! You guys are the best. I'm glad you had fun. We're gonna do this again. :haw:

Whoo-hoo! Cortez the Killer! One of my top-10 songs of all-time finally in Rock Band! Thank you so much for this! :dance:

Right on. I really enjoy Neil Young and he's very popular so I will definitely be doing more of his songs.

No of course not, I'm the guy that loves getting suggestions.

Well then

Jerry Doucette - Mama Let Him Play

k-os - Crabbukit

Barenaked Ladies - Brian Wilson

Sum 41 - 88 /OR/ God Save Us All (Death to POP)

Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night

Bif Naked - I Love Myself Today

Great Big Sea - Ordinary Day /OR/ When I'm Up

Sam Roberts - Bridge To Nowhere

Our Lady Peace - In Repair /OR/ Clumsy

Chilliwack - My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)

Trooper - Raise a Little Hell

Sweeny Todd - Roxy Roller

And of course, by far the worst omission in Rock Band's ten year history, Canadian band or otherwise:

Helix - Rock You

Most of these songs are just off the top of my head/googling to discard not-Canadian bands/top 40 hits from bands that have way better songs but we need something from them and damn if I can remember what I actually want.

Well then

Jerry Doucette - Mama Let Him Play

k-os - Crabbukit

Barenaked Ladies - Brian Wilson

Sum 41 - 88 /OR/ God Save Us All (Death to POP)

Bif Naked - I Love Myself Today

Great Big Sea - Ordinary Day /OR/ When I'm Up

Sam Roberts - Bridge To Nowhere

Our Lady Peace - In Repair /OR/ Clumsy

Sweeny Todd - Roxy Roller

Helix - Rock You

Trooper - Raise a Little Hell is in the Database, it has unpitched vocals unfortunately but it's there.

Some of the others from this list are in my WIP's

Well then

Those ones are already done so be sure to grab them and thank the authors.

Couple of your suggestions caught my eye, thank you.

As long as we're listing worthy tunes for this project, here's a few I'd like to play that aren't yet in the database and I'm pretty sure haven't been mentioned in this thread already:

Bryan Adams - "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?"

Leonard Cohen - "Ain't No Cure for Love", "Closing Time", "Coming Back to You", "Heart with No Companion", "I Can't Forget"

Bruce Cockburn - "Wondering Where the Lions Are"

Glass Tiger - "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)"

Gordon Lightfoot - "Cold on the Shoulder"

Loverboy - "When It's Over"

Men without Hats - "Pop Goes the World"

Neil Young - "One of These Days", "You and Me"

Several of these cater to the vocalists more than anyone else -- a couple of them aren't even "full" band -- but darn if those aren't absolutely awesome to sing along with, even if nothing else.