C3 Forums

MrPrez's Customs: Thread-surrection

Sam Roberts: Don't Walk Away Eileen... what!?! The first song from their first album.... KIND OF seems fitting... BUT... I WANT SO MANY OTHERS! I will tolerate this amazing gift. But it better not stop here!

The Trews: The SECOND song from their FIRST album!? FINE!!! I WILL, AGAIN, TOLERATE THIS AMAZING GIFT!!!

The Sheepdogs: Okay, this one actually feels incredibly right. A welcome addition and I can't complain in any way. EXCEPT I WANT SO MANY MORE.

(I want to point out I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF THESE!!!)

Lots of Matthew Good... I can't say I know him. Guess I'm about to become a fan! :D

EXPLICITLY: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

(if you've seen my requests thread I made yesterday, the only reason I kept Sam Roberts off of it is because I knew this was coming :) )

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's more coming. You won't be disappointed. I bet you can imagine that they take a considerably greater amount of time and effort to chart when compared to something like "Human Fly".   That b

Maple syrup yucky!!! Send chocolatey sauce What kind of smokes?

Wow, amazing release guys! So many fantastic songs. We finally have some Sam Roberts in the game! And Matthew Good Band! Great Neil Young pick. Also, thanks for the iconic The Hockey Song!

Happy Canada Day everyone! I celebrated by seeing July Talk and The Arkells last weekend - one of the most wild shows I've ever been to.

wow guys - you knocked it out of the park once again !!!

If there was one Bryan Adams song that I would've wanted in the game this was it !!

I cant thank all of you guys enough for all of the time, work and dedication you have put into this - great stuff !!

Oh and Happy Canada Day !!!!!

Happy Canada Day everyone! I celebrated by seeing July Talk and The Arkells last weekend - one of the most wild shows I've ever been to.

YEAH! July Talk is AMAZING live! I've seen 'em twice at small venues and it was mind-blowingly cool. They're so... well, honestly, rapey. Theatrical. It's compelling. If any of you ever get a chance to check them out live, do it. You will not regret it.

Arkells, though... while I'm a big fan of their first two albums, their later efforts are a bit meh and hit 'n' miss to me. Still, they aren't bad live, especially when they play the not-shitty songs :D

Much appreciated! I know these songs weren't made specifically for me, but it kinda feels like they are cause they're all good picks

So much this. I just played through the Sam Roberts, Trews, and Sheepdogs songs and it was... euphoric. It's so nice to have these awesome tunes by awesome bands in-game for everybody's enjoyment but specifically my enjoyment :D

Now I need to add July Talk and the Arkells to my suggestions thread since they didn't make the cut... :( ;)

Today I bring you two brand new customs from a band from Michigan USA, the funk band Vulfpeck and the remarkable vocal stylings of Antwuan Stanley. Vocals are the main focus of these customs, with Bass and Keys bringing the funky riffs. Sorry drums nothing too exciting this time.

I don't know if you're paying attention but those two customs right there represent my #98 and #99 custom entries into the database.

The Canada 150 project will continue in September with customs planned from Spindoctor, mortarion42, Froogs, TheWay, and Cheesecake Militia. You can join us too, we're actually in need of someone to drive the zamboni between periods.

Watch Spindoctor's thread today for an exciting announcement.

I hope you will enjoy these songs, see you next time for the centennial.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as most of you have figured out I'm moonlighting for the next few months over at Doc's Customs Outhouse. It's a real honor to team up with a legend like the Doctor and we're having lots of fun bringing some hits from the past decades.

I'm still slowly working on my own material too. This is interesting - this song is my 100th custom added to the database. I'd like to thank once again all my collaborators, mentors, friends, fans and band-mates. Here's to the next 100!

Ween's "Freedom of '76" was the first song I added last November. So I thought it was only fitting that I give them some love for my 100th. "Object" is a nice mellow number from 2007's La Cucaracha, which is not one of my favourites but I do love this song, it's a catchy blues number which features a narrator who is most likely also a serial killer.

"Object" is also my first attempt at a serious pro-keys chart, by ear. It's not terribly complicated but I hope I did it justice. Incidentally the pro-keys upgrades that I'm doing with Spindoctor have all come from midi sources. So I am learning how to do them both-ways which is good because those midis are often missing some pieces that my ears can definitely pick out. And I'm not even a keys player, its just fun to learn more about authoring.

I believe that Samyaza and myself will be collaborating on more Ween later in the summer if all goes well, so expect more.

Enjoy that summer while you can, friends.

• 2 weeks later...

AUGUST 3, 2017 - QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE PACK

Co-authors: TLITD31 for original legacy custom, Kloporte for chart fixes

Co-Author: Kloporte for chart fixes

Co-author: Kloporte for Guitar & Bass

Co-author: Kloporte for chart fixes

Some of my favourite QOTSA songs, I hope you enjoy them. I'd like to give a shout out to Kloporte who offered to be a second pair of eyes on this pack and taught me a few things along the way. I will be doing more QOTSA when the new album drops, with my ol' chartin' buddy mrcoupdetat.
Also this month (and for a while longer) you can check out my collaboration with Spindoctor's Outhouse of Customs and my collaboration with mrcoupdetat on Peaches & Herb's "Reunited".

It was a successful week. See you next time!

Amazing 5-pack! Thanks so much for this and all the other great tunes!

My pleasure, I'm happy that you are enjoying them.

Thanks for the QOTSA! Burn the Witch is fantastic

Now the only QOTSA song I want that isn't in the database is "In The Fade"

You're welcome my friend ;) I will make a mental note of that song for when we fire up the QOTSA custom machine again later this year.

Good stuff!! Thanks for sharing

Appreciate the support buddy :)

Amazing pack, thank you!

Still might do the studio version of Vulgaris, I mean much of the song is the same so I basically have a head start right :)

QOTSA is always welcome, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks and thank YOU for all the metal you're bringing lately.

-------------------------------------------

Surprise for tonight

.....Radiohead is in the building..........

Radiohead "Man of War"

The fan favourite "Man Of War" has never existed in its perfect studio form until the recent release of 2017's "OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997-2017," despite being a setlist mainstay throughout the 1990's when it was known by its alternate title "Big Boots". Fans call it the "perfect James Bond theme song."

Originally written around the time of "The Bends" in 1995, the band tried in vain to record this song a number of times, including once for the 2012 Avengers Movie soundtrack. You can see the band working on the song in their 1998 documentary "Meeting People is Easy" but as frontman Thom Yorke put it they "couldn't find a proper way into it."

"We ditched it because we were so messed up and we went in, tried to do the track, but we just couldn't do it. It was actually a really difficult period of time, we had a five-week break andall the shit was coming to the surface. It was all a bit weird, i mean we went in and tried to do this old track we had and it just wasn't happening at all."

Personal thanks to Septekka for his Rock Band: Radiohead project.

Thanks once again to TheWay123 for the video preview.

Enjoy, my friends!