MrPrez's Customs: The Ting Tings (05/23/17)

you hosers

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 01:10 AM

05/23/17 - The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

aCIkxX4.jpg

COMING ON 05/31/17:  Canada 150 Pack # 3

uXzQKNR.jpg

The Canada 150 Project  
(23 songs by Canadian Artists with contributions from 11 custom authors)

(updated 04/03/17 with Sloan "Rest of My Life" fixes)

MrPrezident's Custom Archive
(all songs are in the database)

Author's Disclaimer:  I make every attempt to make every song full band, all instruments (yes even keys and pro-drums), pitched vocals and harmonies, lipsynch, and reductions (mostly with CAT).  

Things I don't typically care about are guitar animations, pro-keys, pro-guitar and bass, venues (although I am trying to learn slowly) and hyper-accuracy with respect to drums.  I have nothing but respect for you pro-keys players but my keyboardist is 5-lane only.  So yeah.

These customs are not complete in every way, they're not exactly C3 quality but I do my very best to make them 100% playable and error-free.  That being said, I welcome your comments and criticisms because I want to always improve my charting skills.  I will gladly give out any source files you want to have a look at or improve upon.

I pick songs I personally want to play in the game.  I occasionally fill requests.  I do this for fun, because I play every Friday night and want to keep my friends interested with new music to play.   

Canada 150 Pack #3  -  CLASSIC ROCK HOLIDAY - COMING ON MAY 31 2017                          -= My Customs =-    -= Discussion =-  

#2 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 33 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 01:24 AM

Yes, more Ween!

I don't have access to my PS3 right now, but tomorrow I'll play it and give you proper feedback.

"The comfort of death will come, for men and demons alike... by the guidance of the Great Will."

My releases

My WIPs

My planned customs / wishlist (subject to change)

#3 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for authoring more Ween.  Great pick off of that album.  I'm hoping somebody does "Voodoo Lady" one day.

#4 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 02:09 AM

My pleasure.  I also have "Transdermal Celebration" and "Mr. Richard Smoker" well underway.  Dean Ween actually authored the midi sources that I'm working from (Ween Appreciation Society on Facebook).  And you're absolutely right, Voodoo Lady really needs charting.

Canada 150 Pack #3  -  CLASSIC ROCK HOLIDAY - COMING ON MAY 31 2017                          -= My Customs =-    -= Discussion =-  

#5 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 517 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 03:30 AM

Thank you MrPrezident!  I appreciate your effort and generosity in sharing. If it's feedback you'd like, then we'll be sure to submit positive and objective/constructive feedback (at least from a player's perspective) for you too. But most importantly, congratulations on your first release and good luck with all future endeavors!  :D

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#6 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 04:27 AM

My pleasure.  I also have "Transdermal Celebration" and "Mr. Richard Smoker" well underway.  Dean Ween actually authored the midi sources that I'm working from (Ween Appreciation Society on Facebook).  And you're absolutely right, Voodoo Lady really needs charting.

Mr. Richard Smoker is one of the best songs off of 12 Golden Country Hits.  Can't wait for that.  I have released a guitar/bass/keys version of Transdermal Celebration in the past.  It's buried in my thread somewhere.  I just havn't gotten around to full banding the ween songs that I released.  By all means if you are already well into Transdermal Celebration then go right ahead.

#7 beard216

beard216
  • 1,699 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 04:31 AM

Love the addition!

#8 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 04:45 AM

That's great Sideshow!  I will definitely check out your version as I already have drums and vocals pretty much finished!  How fortunate.    

I should add "The Mollusk" to that previous list of WIP's, that one is turning out well so far too.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, this is so much fun.

#9 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 05:17 AM

So I had two cPlayer windows open, playing my version and yours.   Fascinating to see someone else's take on the same rhythm and movements!   I think your guitar chart is fantastic and I will incorporate elements of that into mine, same with keys.   I'm a bass player at heart so I think my chart might be a bit 'bouncier' if that makes sense?  I'll be sure to credit you when this is ready.   Thanks again for pointing me to your previous work, not sure how I missed that.

#10 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 05:27 AM

So I had two cPlayer windows open, playing my version and yours.   Fascinating to see someone else's take on the same rhythm and movements!   I think your guitar chart is fantastic and I will incorporate elements of that into mine, same with keys.   I'm a bass player at heart so I think my chart might be a bit 'bouncier' if that makes sense?  I'll be sure to credit you when this is ready.   Thanks again for pointing me to your previous work, not sure how I missed that.

All those charts were authored by "missingn042128".  I just added overdrive and compiled.  I would mainly credit him.

#11 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,840 posts

Posted November 4, 2016 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to the other side of the mirror. :)

#12 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 01:54 AM

11/10/16 - Added 'Ramones - Judy is a Punk' and 'Ween - The Mollusk'

11/10/16 - Updated 'Ween - Freedom of '76'

Have a great weekend everyone

#13 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 02:07 AM

Some fine choices. 

#14 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,001 posts

Posted November 12, 2016 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for these.

Should you ever do "Mutilated Lips" I'd be very interested in playing it. Song is freaky as hell but the vocals would be pretty fun.

Steam: Bansheeflyer PSN: Bansheeflya Xbox LIVE: Banshee Flyer
My Customs
My Works in Progress

#15 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 04:22 AM

Updated with Ween, Devo, Misfits and two from Eagles of Death Metal.

"Mutilated Lips" has been started as requested.

I'll be back with one more update before the end of the year.  Cheers my friends!

#16 BongOfDestiny

BongOfDestiny
  • 9 posts

Posted December 15, 2016 - 12:24 PM

It's awesome to see so much Ween, so thank you. I played Mr. Richard Smoker, and the charts I tried (guitar & keys) definitely need some revision as well as the tempo map. If you need someone to help with playtesting I'm happy to take a look if you want, just PM me.

#17 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted December 15, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Thank you, PM sent.  My songs are by no means finished - most of them still need dryvox and venues, it has always been my intention to make as many changes and fixes as are neccessary.   I'm glad you're enjoying the Ween, there's more on the way, I am a huge fan.

#18 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 367 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 01:07 AM

Added Wolfmother, XTC and Pavement

#19 rcale

rcale
  • 233 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 07:04 PM

Thanks very much for all this stuff. As I posted elsewhere on the forum, I never knew any Ween at all but from here and I think RBN they are now firmly on my radar. I don't like all their stuff but some of it is amazing and it's always interesting.

Thanks also for today's offerings. All will be downloaded for sure. :)

#20 frigginelvis

frigginelvis
  • 51 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 12:33 AM

Thanks so much for the XTC and Pavement!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users