MrPrez's Customs: C3Thon's Canada 150 Finale: DAY TWO

you hosers

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#61 corporalgregg

corporalgregg
  • 143 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:29 AM

Wow, this is so great. I can never get enough Hip in the game. Can't wait to try all these!

#62 NeedDreamer

NeedDreamer
  • 197 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for more Canadian content. The Hip are great. Any chance of more Our Lady Peace or other Canadian artists?

#63 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 162 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 08:33 AM

Thank you mr prez ,  the only song i knew was drinking in LA         glad to play all   :excited:

#64 begad

begad
  • 23 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hi great idea for a pack...was wondering if you were going to do any Sloan songs?

#65 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 71 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hi great idea for a pack...was wondering if you were going to do any Sloan songs?

Seconded. I know The Other Man's been charted in the past, but I'd kill to be able to play Underwhelmed, Money City Maniacs, I'm Not a Kid Anymore, or pretty much the entirety of Twice Removed and One Chord to Another.

Also would love to hear of Headstones, 54-40, Odds, Watchmen, or more I Mother Earth being somewhere in the pipe.

#66 ehjay

ehjay
  • 4 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 03:12 PM

AMAZING!

I was lucky enough to see The Hip 3 times in 6 days last summer.   I say just do the whole discography! :) 

Maybe even sprinkle in some Arkells too.

Cheers and thanks for these killer songs!

#67 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 04:37 PM

Wow, this is so great. I can never get enough Hip in the game. Can't wait to try all these!

Thanks for more Canadian content. The Hip are great. Any chance of more Our Lady Peace or other Canadian artists?

Thank you mr prez ,  the only song i knew was drinking in LA         glad to play all   :excited:

AMAZING!

I was lucky enough to see The Hip 3 times in 6 days last summer.   I say just do the whole discography! :)

Maybe even sprinkle in some Arkells too.

Cheers and thanks for these killer songs!

You're welcome and thank you for commenting.  There's more Hip on the way.   And an Our Lady Peace song!  How could there not be one, right?

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#68 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Seconded. I know The Other Man's been charted in the past, but I'd kill to be able to play Underwhelmed, Money City Maniacs, I'm Not a Kid Anymore, or pretty much the entirety of Twice Removed and One Chord to Another.

Also would love to hear of Headstones, 54-40, Odds, Watchmen, or more I Mother Earth being somewhere in the pipe.

There will most definitely be some Sloan songs, in fact mortarion42 who authored The Other Man has volunteered to collaborate on a few of them!  That one in particular will be polished up as well.    Strongly considering Headstones, Odds, I worked on an IME song last year I'll have to check the status of that one.     They play 54-40 on the radio here nonstop (and Kim Mitchell) so I'm a bit tired of them, but you never know, their songs would be a piece of cake compared to the Hip.

#69 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 137 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 02:10 PM

wow - cant believe I have missed this until now.

This is great Mr Prez and I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us !!

There is so much Canadian content that I would love to have in the game, any chance you are doing some Monster Truck or Big Sugar ?

#70 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 04:17 PM

This is great Mr Prez and I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us !!

There is so much Canadian content that I would love to have in the game, any chance you are doing some Monster Truck or Big Sugar ?

I'm not that familiar with Monster Truck, can you suggest a couple of their songs that you think would be fun to play ?  I'll check them out.

Big Sugar, I was thinking about them too.  It's a possibility for sure, they just played here in Nanaimo a couple weeks ago, apparently they are still a thing :)   Thanks for the support.

#71 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 137 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 05:53 PM

thanks Prez - I would say Sweet Mountain River - https://www.youtube....h?v=wHrRPLHRgDA

Old Train - https://www.youtube....h?v=OfNmc9dvhUw

Don't tell me how to live - https://www.youtube....h?v=Zdeo-i6uw5g

The Enforcer - https://www.youtube....h?v=ENNtNc1di-c

and while I am at it, here is a guilty pleasure of mine - Nickelback - Someone that you're with !

#72 manta

manta
  • 66 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 11:19 PM

There will most definitely be some Sloan songs, in fact mortarion42 who authored The Other Man has volunteered to collaborate on a few of them!  That one in particular will be polished up as well.    Strongly considering Headstones, Odds, I worked on an IME song last year I'll have to check the status of that one.     They play 54-40 on the radio here nonstop (and Kim Mitchell) so I'm a bit tired of them, but you never know, their songs would be a piece of cake compared to the Hip.

Holy crap where is the custom for the other man??

#73 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 02:27 AM

Holy crap where is the custom for the other man??

pm sent

#74 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 136 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 09:25 AM

Speaking of Canadian music, what's your opinion on one of the biggest Canadian rock bands of the 21st century - Billy Talent?

#75 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 03:43 PM

They're great!  I think we're lucky that DeadCanadian authored so many of them.  No plans to add anything of theirs just yet but it's only February :)  

#76 mortarion42

mortarion42
  • 55 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 07:43 PM

That's funny, I heard Monster Truck on the radio this morning and while I recognized the song (Don't Tell Me How To Live), I didn't realize that was the name of the band until I saw it on my car's digital radio readout thingy.

I was also thinking some Matthew Good Band might be nice to do at some point. While they have a lot of hits (Hello Time Bomb, Apparitions, Load Me Up, Indestructible, Strange Days, etc), I feel like Weapon would be suuuuper fun.

MrPrez here has given me the push I needed to really start authoring in earnest, and there are so many Canadian bands that are sorely underrepresented. Like he said, it's early in the year. Lots of time left to fulfill our CanCon requirements ;)

#77 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 71 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 02:47 AM

Thought of another couple that would be great fun: Junkhouse and Lowest of the Low. And First Day of Spring by the Gandharvas still has time for an appropriately placed release.

Drummed my way through the first release. Really fun stuff. Now to attack the other instruments.

#78 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 01:10 AM

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

w6im4eK.jpg

Download Here

#79 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 02:25 AM

Awesome band choice.  Love me some horror rock.

#80 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 03:30 AM

Awesome band choice.  Love me some horror rock.

Thanks, I thought this could make a good warm up song.  I spent way too long trying to find pitches for Lux Interior's vocals, but I think it works better as unpitched.  You know,  'Cuz of all the buzzing.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)