MrPrez's Customs: (7/01/18) HAPPY CANADA DAY

you hosers

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#301 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 129 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 12:46 AM

Great stuff! I continued to be amazed by what songs are still NOT in Rock Band! I'm looking forward to this!

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#302 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 77 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 02:05 PM

Mother of God. It's a between-thanksgiving-and-Christmas miracle.

#303 gruesome

gruesome
  • 36 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 08:26 PM

this Canadian stuff is amazing!....you guys are killing it. If you're still looking at Canadian requests Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us from the old Raccoons cartoon would be killer....either way fantastic work guys looking forward to these new packs coming

#304 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted November 27, 2017 - 11:52 PM

I know I said I'd be back with a reveal for this Friday's "part three" but it's just too good to spoil the surprise.  If you watched the c3thon teaser then you know one of the songs & artist.  Don't worry Friday will be here before you know it.

If you enjoyed the songs from the Time Machine Pack then please consider making a donation to c3thon, it would be like returning the favor and it will make some kids very happy.

See you tomorrow for the PIXIES

MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

FORUM THREAD / WIP THREAD - Updated every Monday

p89ZznR.png

#305 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 07:04 AM

WqG3dnH.jpg

Here's a Stones cover by Devo.  I am working on a few more cover songs as well that will come out next year, and one day I will try to finish off "Jocko Homo" from this album to go along with "Mongoloid" which was my 4th or 5th custom.

Is everyone enjoying C3Thon so far?   Starting tomorrow I'll be posting new songs every day for a few days straight, lots of songs that have been sitting waiting for their big debut.  Until then here's one more.

p89ZznR.png

#306 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 912 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 06:23 PM

I hadn't heard this cover before now but I must admit,.....their rendition is rather infectious (in true Devo fashion). 

Interesting pick, thanks! Looking forward to what you have in store for the future.

#307 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 03:14 AM

8GzP1na.jpg

U4nn26q.jpg

hUroH6Q.jpgOLB3Mwi.jpg

I've been a Pixies fan since I was a young teenager (like in the actual 80's) and working on these songs with Kloporte really brought back a lot of great memories.  I hope they do for you as well.

Tomorrow is the start of Canada 150 Week!  I'm excited!  I hope you all enjoy today's songs and remember to donate a couple bucks to the c3Thon cause!  

What's your favourite Pixies tune?  I still have my eye on "Caribou" and some of their new stuff.  We'll see!

p89ZznR.png

#308 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 04:26 AM

The 80's? someones old!!!

These are awesome thanks for sharing  :rock:

Looking forward to the start of Canada 150 week, there is some great stuff in there

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

Rock with the Doc at c3Universe

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  

Bono

#309 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 05:09 AM

fjGykMK.jpg

l3O5YIW.jpg

K64qCTa.jpg

eRxyNUA.jpg

wLHLRj4.jpg

J1q1KoP.jpg

Welcome back to the Canada 150 project.  Tonight we start the final leg of our journey to the frozen north, and we begin with a revisitation to the very first pack with The Sheepdogs and The Tragically Hip, as well as another song from Sloan.  I hope you enjoy adding these songs to your collection.  As I always say, there's more Hip on the way.   

See you tomorrow at the same time for Part Deux of the Canada 150 Finale!

p89ZznR.png

#310 SatansBestBuddy

SatansBestBuddy
  • 11 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 05:44 AM

Well, that's $12 to Make a Wish from me.

#311 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 576 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 08:30 AM

Bro. I cannot express how gratified I am that you're a Sheepdogs fan and you make customs of their songs that I can enjoy. They are my favorite Canadian Southern Rock band (because there are so many, right!?). I never expected to have a single custom by them in my library, let alone four, now. Thank you so, so much.

Additionally, you're the fellow who made me a Sloan fan and finally got me into the Tragically Hip, so I'm pumped to listen to these other tunes. Keep on proselytizing, my man.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#312 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 912 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 03:12 PM

So how does one go about applying for Canadian citizenship?

If part of the requirement is memorizing all the lyrics to these songs, it should be a piece of cake, seeing that I'll be working these into my setlist heavily.

Part Deux is highly anticipated!

Nice work, MrPrez! Thanks!

#313 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 77 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'm not going to play Nautical Disaster until I'm feeling suitably epic. And ABAC, being the last song they played in concert, is truly special (they also filmed the video in my hometown -- not that everybody was in it from miles around or anything; that feedlot was ever-present in my childhood. Gone now, sadly, lost to the Sprawl that Ate Durham Region). Nice to see some latter-day Sloan, even if at first I saw "Un" at the beginning of the song title and my brain started screaming "Derwhelmed!" ecstatically. One of Pentland's better songs.

I moved to the States before the Sheepdogs came around, but I'm a fan now, thanks to your customs.

Now I shall resume drooling over tonight's offerings, if some of them are what I think they're going to be.

#314 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 07:25 PM

I'm not going to play Nautical Disaster until I'm feeling suitably epic. And ABAC, being the last song they played in concert, is truly special (they also filmed the video in my hometown -- not that everybody was in it from miles around or anything; that feedlot was ever-present in my childhood. Gone now, sadly, lost to the Sprawl that Ate Durham Region). Nice to see some latter-day Sloan, even if at first I saw "Un" at the beginning of the song title and my brain started screaming "Derwhelmed!" ecstatically. One of Pentland's better songs.

I moved to the States before the Sheepdogs came around, but I'm a fan now, thanks to your customs.

Now I shall resume drooling over tonight's offerings, if some of them are what I think they're going to be.

Thanks for sharing :)  Underwhelmed is still in my WIP folder, mostly complete except for Drums.  I'll revisit this song in the new year.

I'm pleased that everyone is enjoying the Sheepdogs as well, I mean its hard not to like them!

As for the Hip, you may have noticed Fully Completely is the only other non-full band custom in the DB so that's on the list, Canuck has also given me drums for two songs off of Road Apples and Bobcaygeon.  A user asked for a specific song from Man Machine Poem,. and that is only tempo mapped at this point.   So I have lots more of their material on the go.  These three songs make eleven from me plus the RBN song for a cool dozen Hip songs.  I'm happy to have their biggest hits and I play something from them every time we get together to play.

p89ZznR.png

#315 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted December 1, 2017 - 03:23 AM

ZEaqjTH.jpg

eWtPnV4.jpg

IYwDuGq.jpg

Z4Kbt6k.jpg

p76LpxU.jpg

UvWo547.jpg

I've seen all these bands in concert, in fact I think the one that stands out the most was Barenaked Ladies playing in my high school auditorium in 1991 just as their gold-selling demo tape was at its peak.  They did a full cover of Rush's "Tom Sawyer", just unforgettably good and way unexpected.

I will be doing more songs from Moist and Odds, and having Rusty's entire Fluke album in Rock Band wouldn't be such a bad thing.  Well a few more anyhow.  Give Odds "Heterosexual Man" a shot, I think you'll all like it.

Thanks to TheWay and OMCB for reaching out to help with this project, this was just the first of a couple we had in mind.  And my pal Spindoctor, as always, Cheers :)

TOMORROW:  THE CANADA 150 PROJECT FINAL SIX SONGS

p89ZznR.png

#316 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted January 1, 2018 - 04:40 PM

Lisa Lougheed's first single, the synth-pop anthem "Run With Us" may not have been a commercial success outside of Canada, but many retro cartoon fans will recognize it as the theme song to "The Racoons."  Its rallying cry of freedom and comradeship push the message far beyond anthem, well into activism.  Go Raccoons!

7Ll2n5V.jpg

This song is one of many remnants of the Canada 150 project, songs that were started and not yet finished.  I'll be polishing off the rest of them as time permits between my other projects.  There's about a dozen more.

Thanks to TheWay for authoring all the legacy instruments, OMCB for keys, dryvox and more.    Enjoy!

p89ZznR.png

#317 manta

manta
  • 74 posts

Posted January 5, 2018 - 05:52 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments, I really appreciate them, and feel free to suggest any Canadian content that you want to see in the game one day.    

A user notified me of an animation issue with "The Rest of My Life" and I will try to get that fixed quickly.  

Enjoy the weekend :)   I just remembered I have a surprise for everyone tomorrow.  See you soon.

In Repair by Our Lady Peace would be so amazing!

#318 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted January 9, 2018 - 10:57 PM

COMING UP NEXT
A pack of customs by...

mh32ITd.jpg

p89ZznR.png

#319 samjjones