• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#341 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 9, 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lcjsia7.jpg

"Moondance" is a part of AJ's AMOUR MONTH.  The vocal chart on this was particularly fun to work on, full of slides (which I love) and things get completely mixed up in the third verse just to throw you off.  Be sure to check it out.

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#342 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 01:49 AM

QP28KWe.png

Good news! Charting is complete, just starting the post-production checklist.  Posted soon.

#343 Housequake

Housequake
  • 260 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 02:26 PM

Good news! Charting is complete, just starting the post-production checklist.  Posted soon.

This is fantastic news!

How you gonna do it if you really won't take a chance
By standing on the wall? Get your back up off the wall...

#344 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 07:38 PM

Coming up...

8AEYd3f.jpg

#345 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 02:20 AM

KhuP9Yi.jpg

CLICK VISUALIZER IMAGE FOR CHART PREVIEW

"Heavy Petting Zoo" may not have been NOFX's most consistent album in the 90's but it did have a few memorable classics. "Hot Dog.." is Fat Mike's love letter to 'Seattle Fat Chicks' and features their classic punk rock riffs with grunge influences.  This song is something of a time capsule of politically incorrect nostalgia, but remains one of the band's funniest songs.

I have two more NOFX songs in queue, but I'd do a lot more if someone offered to take over the drums.

Enjoy...

#346 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 790 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 03:21 PM

First Richard Cheese and now this? :P

Ya kill me, MrPrez! :D

I think I like this stuff  just as much as Weird Al (if not more)!!

Thanks for throwing it out there. I would've never known! LOL! :rock:  :D

Ain't got no skills as an author...

and I'm certainly not a mod,

I just bring good karma & cheap laughs....

mixed in with some of my 'odd'! :D

#347 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 145 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 04:32 PM

Not super familiar with NOFX's discography but I do like Erik Sandin's drumwork.

#348 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 04:56 PM

Thanks guys, Tom Petty pack coming this week, just making some adjustments to the awesomeness.

These guys are also up next...

VCcEqOQ.png

We are building a religion.

#349 stefandedo

stefandedo
  • 2 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hey thanks guys!  I'm glad you like it Funk :)

I would love to do more BNL and "Brian Wilson" is one of my top three choices to do next, the others are "Alcohol" and "It's All Been Done"

Speaking of the Arkells, I am sure that ATrueJedi is doing one of their tunes (I'm currently tempo mapping it LOL) but its not my place to spoil which one it is.  I will seek out some Tokyo Police Club and Modern Space.   Anything in particular of theirs ?

For Tokyo Police Club I'd say "Not My Girl", "Your English is Good", and "Hot Tonight" are pretty good tunes. For Modern Space "It's Only a Dream" and "Rule Britannia" are good as well. 

Thanks for all the good stuff you do!

I'm glad you didn't spoil the surprise. That would have been very cynical of you.

;)

you bastard. 

#350 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 15, 2018 - 01:00 AM

Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever 5-Pack

Full Moon Fever was technically Tom's first solo outing, though most of the Heartbreakers and Wilburys make their own appearances.  Produced by fellow Wilbury Jeff Lynne, one does not need to listen to the album for long to recognize Lynne's signature banks of synthesizers and high pitched backing vocals.  Full Moon Fever has the same restless charm and barbed wit as the Wilbury's LP.

I08lAjM.jpg

CLICK THE VISUALIZER IMAGE FOR A FULL CHART PREVIEW

The opening song for this very special five-pack of customs is "The Apartment Song".  This tune leans heavily on folk rock and borrows from Chuck Berry, and also features a drum break that was swiped wholesale from Buddy Holly's "Peggy Sue".

Co-Authored by the Spindoctor

Enjoy!  Another track from this album will be posted tomorrow, and every day until Sunday.

#351 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 15, 2018 - 02:04 AM

MPWjXRZ.jpg

My Cherie Amour is part of AJFOne23 's AMOUR MONTH and unless I'm mistaken also part of Wonder Wednesday!  I was hoping I'd get the chance to do some Stevie Wonder vocals at some point, this should be lots of fun to try out, just be sure to warm up those vocal chords first (maybe with some Tom Petty?).   

#352 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 149 posts

Posted February 15, 2018 - 03:15 AM

Tom Petty week just happens to be my favorite week!  Cant wait to see the others!

Im really hoping for Alright for Now, though i can see why it would be passed up, as its just guitar and vocals.  But ill keep my fingers crossed!

#353 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 15, 2018 - 11:19 PM

I9YtjKy.jpg

The churning rocker "Love is a Long Road" was co-written by Mike Campbell (of The Heartbreakers) who was inspired by a favourite motorcycle that he owned at the time.  "It feels like a motorcycle shifting gears."  Petty's original demo was much more chaotic and contained many more drum fills - it was Jeff Lynne who fine tuned and polished out the kinks and the final result rivals the single "Runnin' Down a Dream" in its sleek, sophisticated energy.  "All of us had a hand in the arrangement" said Petty.

Enjoy.  Thanks again to my partner Spindoctor who helped me out on pretty much all of these Tom Petty tunes.  mrcoupdetat was kind enough to point out that I have missed a few snares and other things in the drum fill from yesterday's Apartment Song.  He's probably right!  Sorry about that.  I'll post a fix for that on Sunday.

#354 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 712 posts

Posted February 16, 2018 - 02:46 AM

I LOVE this song!

Thank you so much for this one! I'm even going to have to step up to the mic for this one. The neighbors won't be as happy as I will!

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#355 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted February 16, 2018 - 11:03 PM

xggDWIV.jpg

"I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" was originally written by Gene Clark and performed by the Byrds in 1965.  Clark wrote it "about a girl, who was rather funny, then suddenly she wasn't".  Initially released as a B-side, the band was in such hot demand that the song eventually charted in its own right, and since its release has gone on to become a rock and roll standard inspiring many cover versions including this, possibly the most well known version today.  Jeff Lynne takes over for David Crosby's complex harmonies and Tom's lifetime friend and roadie Alan "Bugs" Weidel is also credited.

Enjoy.  See you tomorrow for song four of five.

#356 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted Yesterday

mEOQG5B.jpg

CLICK VISUALIZER IMAGE FOR A FULL CHART PREVIEW

According to Jeff Lynne, the journey to making the album Full Moon Fever began when by strange chance, he stopped next to Tom Petty at a red light on Thanksgiving Day in 1987.  Their first collaboration came soon afterwards, with Jeff helping Tom finish the structure of "Yer So Bad" - a song he had been struggling with for weeks. 

Tomorrow shall be the final song of the pack and an update for Apartment Song's drum chart.  Cheers.

#357 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 702 posts

Posted Yesterday

Also coming this week is some 90's Stoner-Doom Metal, you got your Electric Wizard, you got Kyuss.  And then there's

N7kJBlu.png

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users