416 replies to this topic

#381 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:48 AM

0Q4oGG2.jpg

CLICK THE VISUALIZER IMAGE FOR A FULL CHART PREVIEW

Mouse Rat (formerly known as Scarecrow Boat, Ninjadick, Just the Tip, Nothing Rhymes with Blorenge, Tackle Shaft and Rat Mouse) were a fictional band from the NBC TV Series "Parks and Recreation" with actor Chris Pratt as singer, and the show's producers filling in the rest of the band roles.   "5000 Candles in the Wind" is their teary-eyed tribute to Pawnee's beloved mascot, Li'l Sebastian.

Song reminded me of those great DVDA ballads I did earlier in the year so why not.

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#382 glarms

glarms
  • 422 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 02:07 AM

Wow never expected this, but am very excited about it.

#383 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 02:13 AM

Wow never expected this, but am very excited about it.

Thanks glarms!  This caught my eye in a buzzfeed article from last week, I shared it on discord but I pretty much already knew I was going to chart it immediately.  Loved the song and the show, my new excuse to watch it again.

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#384 BattlePenguin

BattlePenguin
  • 150 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 02:24 AM

WOW! Awesome!!! Thanks, im definitely gonna be enjoying this  :D

#385 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 753 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 02:47 AM

Terrific! Thanks

#386 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted March 19, 2018 - 11:38 PM

hK8juyD.jpg

Written in 1971 for "Hunky Dory", "Pretty Things" opens with only piano and Bowie's vocals, before entering a catchy refrain often compared to the Beatles' "Martha My Dear".  Thematically the song reflects the occult influence of Aleister Crowley, Friedrich Nietzsche, and the 1871 novel "The Power of the Coming Race".

Added pro-keys, recharted mostly everything else, fixed a ton of stuff.  You know, all the stuff I've learned in the 59 weeks since I first released this.  Better late than never.

Now that I'm diving into 70's material for a few months, I'd say it's a safe bet that we'll have more Bowie soon.

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#387 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 02:50 AM

LsCcB8Y.jpg

dNrdPI4.jpg

DZ Deathrays off-kilter approach to punk rock is compelling and then some.  Volatile, unrestrained, blaring and abrasive guitar hooks played at maximum volume, however they do not take themselves too seriously.  "Gina Works at Hearts" is the perfect example of what makes the band so irresistibly thrilling to listen to.  DZ Deathrays began as a house-party band, and according to singer Shane Parsons the "will probably finish there too."  Their 2014 album and opening track "Black Rat" is a jagged burst of energetic punk-rock that pulls no punches.

If you have never heard of them (Hello Australian dance-punk fans)  then I guess I would compare them to Canada's Death From Above 1979.   I first heard them on the 2015 Triple-J Hot 100 list with "Gina Works at Hearts" and I was instantly hooked.    I might also chart "Reflective Skull" from this same album one day.

Enjoy!   No idea what's coming next, it could be anything.

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#388 SaXplayin

SaXplayin
  • 15 posts

Posted April 3, 2018 - 10:51 AM

LsCcB8Y.jpg

dNrdPI4.jpg

DZ Deathrays off-kilter approach to punk rock is compelling and then some.  Volatile, unrestrained, blaring and abrasive guitar hooks played at maximum volume, however they do not take themselves too seriously.  "Gina Works at Hearts" is the perfect example of what makes the band so irresistibly thrilling to listen to.  DZ Deathrays began as a house-party band, and according to singer Shane Parsons the "will probably finish there too."  Their 2014 album and opening track "Black Rat" is a jagged burst of energetic punk-rock that pulls no punches.

If you have never heard of them (Hello Australian dance-punk fans)  then I guess I would compare them to Canada's Death From Above 1979.   I first heard them on the 2015 Triple-J Hot 100 list with "Gina Works at Hearts" and I was instantly hooked.    I might also chart "Reflective Skull" from this same album one day.

Enjoy!   No idea what's coming next, it could be anything.

As I already said man, very awesome to see some DZ Deathrays on here! If you like their stuff I should also recommend looking at Violent Soho and Dune Rats, both are Australian punk bands who are all from the same area in Brisbane, Australia and are all friends.

I also linked your Gina works at Hearts chart to their Facebook page and I got a reply back saying they thought the whole thing was rad

#389 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 622 posts

Posted April 3, 2018 - 08:48 PM

I also linked your Gina works at Hearts chart to their Facebook page and I got a reply back saying they thought the whole thing was rad

:aaa: :haw: Super cool! Since I tend to chart obscure bands or songs, I've been tempted to try that as well with some of my releases... but I'm too afraid they might see it as piracy, lolol

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#390 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted April 6, 2018 - 05:53 PM

QIqRuDM.png

Together now

God made Man
But he used the monkey to do it
Apes in the plan and we're here to prove it

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#391 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 06:18 PM

Huge thanks to 

Freewaymad

mrcoupdetat

AJFOne23

Rocker1999

Spindoctor

for helping with this week's releases.

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#392 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted May 11, 2018 - 06:49 PM

Down to the last 10 songs before I post my 200th custom.   

I was never a fan of the live versions of KISS's music that HMX added to the game years back.  That being said, these customs use the version of the song from "IKONS" box set which, with the lack of a proper remaster release, is probably the best sounding versions of these classic rock songs.  It seems like they keep releasing new box sets every year but they put the same recordings on each one with little to no touch ups.   Maybe some people like that, not me, I think it sounds really rouch played on decent modern speakers.

Anyhow hope you all are enjoying the 70's stuff with me & Doc.  We have a couple weeks left then we'll take another break while we get ready for the next round.   Doc came up with the concept for our next Showdown, and I'm pretty sure you're all gonna enjoy it.

Cheers 

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#393 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 03:29 AM

ddBhTd9.jpg

Click the visualizer image for a full band preview

Fronted by the dramatic and hyperactive Shannon Hoon, whose plaintive wails and cries were often reminiscent of Janis Joplin, Blind Melon were known for their eclectic shifts to turn recognizable riffs and Hendrix-jam styles into tension-filled cascades of personal confessions, needly laments and hopeful passages.  "Galaxie" reflects on Shannon's adventures in his own Ford Galaxie.

Thanks to Kloporte who saw this come up on my Youtube channel last week and offered to help fix the drum chart.   FYI if you subscribe to my channel you will see lots of things before they are released here, not just my own charts.

Closing in on #200, expect that to happen before Canada Day.   Enjoy!

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#394 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted June 26, 2018 - 02:15 AM

14tSKhf.jpg

I'm not in love with the Queens' latest album, but there are perhaps one or two more songs I'd consider charting, "Feet Don't Fail Me Now" or "Fortress" would top the list.  Thanks to Kloporte for his amazing drum chart, we did some Queens charting last year as well so it was fun to have another chance to work together.

uY4hNXa.jpg

This was the beacon (bacon?) at the end of the Revamp album.  I read the track listing and was really excited to see a couple of the artists on there, but for the most part the songs turned out dull and "phoned in".  However I think this version is great, to me it sounds EXACTLY like a Queens song, which I kinda think is the point of seeking out cover versions by your favourite bands.  The rest of the album were people trying to imitate Elton John's style, instead of being themselves.  That's just my opinion.  Anyways I don't get to do covers too often but this one was too good to pass up.

Friday I'll post my 200th custom, Sunday is Canada Day and you can probably expect a few songs then too.  

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#395 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 900 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 03:06 PM

8o0Pojl.jpg

#200 is here!  We did it.

"But MrPrezident you only have 199 songs in the database!"   That's because BTO "Takin' Care of Business" was deslisted when it came out for Rb4.

Thanks to all of my co-authors, collaborators and fans for helping to make this milestone possible.

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#396 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 588 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 04:39 PM

tumblr_nhf209gfHV1qhry52o1_500.gif

░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  |  Feedback  |  WiP   ░▒▓█ 

#397 beard216

beard216
  • 2,181 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 04:41 PM

Congrats dude! \,,/

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#398 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 1,203 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 09:34 PM

thanks.jpeg

Some of us actually know that number should be a lot higher than that.

At least 54 songs that I have posted under my name from the "Showdown" projects would not be there in full band C3 quality if not for the work you have done on them.

Thank you for all you have done for me & also for all the collaborations with many of the authors on here.

I sincerely hope to see the day when you post numbers 300, 400 & 500

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

Rock with the Doc at c3Universe

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  

Bono

#399 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 774 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 10:39 PM

Congrats on the milestone!

#400 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 224 posts