MiloMod - A tool for Milo Venues

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 496 posts

Posted October 27, 2017 - 12:20 PM

I have a concern and a suggestion for sing-along assignments.

Have there been any issues assigning non-existent vocal animation parts to band members, assuming a song has less than four parts? Will they instead use the same animation as lead vocals?

Instead of giving the user an option to assign vocal parts to band members, how about giving them an option to assign band members to vocal parts (including part1); do it backwards. Considering your concept, doing it this way makes it easier for the user on which band members sing along with lead vocals, and if more than one band member shares the same non-primary vocal animation. Plus, it makes for a good space-saver than having duplicate animations via Magma.

Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#42 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted October 28, 2017 - 05:25 PM

When a 4th lip sync doesn't exist (which is almost always), I think the first lip sync part is used when the sing-along part is enabled.

I'm not too sure how the other suggestion is any different from what's doable now. The first lip sync part can't be reassigned and has to be the singer, which is always there. Guitar and Bass can sing parts 2-4, but if Keys are present, Keys gets the missing part since those 3 can't be present at once. So somebody has to sing the part, regardless of who was originally assigned to it.

Or did you see another advantage from reversing it?

#43 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 496 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 12:34 AM

When a 4th lip sync doesn't exist (which is almost always), I think the first lip sync part is used when the sing-along part is enabled.
I'm not too sure how the other suggestion is any different from what's doable now. The first lip sync part can't be reassigned and has to be the singer, which is always there. Guitar and Bass can sing parts 2-4, but if Keys are present, Keys gets the missing part since those 3 can't be present at once. So somebody has to sing the part, regardless of who was originally assigned to it.
Or did you see another advantage from reversing it?

I want more than one band member to use the same part, such as guitarist and bassist using part 2 and drummer using part 3. The way you have it built limits me to one band member per part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#44 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 01:34 AM

First, here's the latest version of MiloMod with some bug fixes and new features.

Get MiloMod Beta 6 here.

What's new in this version:

• Fixed more "value too large errors".
  • Now when you try to save the Milo file, you'll be asked if you want to overwrite the source file. If you do this, a backup will be made in the backup folder next to the executable.
  • If you don't auto-overwrite the file, the Save As dialog now starts in the Milo's folder.
  • When the Milo file is loaded, the MIDI button will become selected. If a MIDI is loaded, then the Convert Milo button becomes selected. This should make it easier to know what to do.
  • There are tooltips for all the text and buttons now which should hopefully help some more.
  • Made the window a little wider to allow all the Title Bar text to appear in Windows 10.

Regarding bug-fixes, I was not able to find a situation where compression makes non-working files. If I could have some examples to look at, that would help.

I want more than one band member to use the same part, such as guitarist and bassist using part 2 and drummer using part 3. The way you have it built limits me to one band member per part.

Oh, then isn't that what's under Known Issues?

• Nothing is stopping you from setting the same singer for all parts, but the game probably won't like it.

So I guess it's not really known since I haven't tried it. But you should be able to set that if you want.

#45 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 496 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 09:22 AM

Oh, then isn't that what's under Known Issues?

So I guess it's not really known since I haven't tried it. But you should be able to set that if you want.

No. What I want is the other way around (unless I'm reading the known issue wrong). It isn't something I can set.

I don't want to assign all parts to one band member. I want to assign just one part to more than one band member.

#46 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 10:18 PM

No. What I want is the other way around (unless I'm reading the known issue wrong). It isn't something I can set.

I don't want to assign all parts to one band member. I want to assign just one part to more than one band member.

Oh, then that's not possible. The format only allows you to assign singers to parts 2, 3, and 4. Not the other way around. A potential workaround for this is duplicating one of the lip sync parts to make it part 4, and then being able to use that.

#47 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 496 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 10:23 PM

Oh, then that's not possible. The format only allows you to assign singers to parts 2, 3, and 4. Not the other way around. A potential workaround for this is duplicating one of the lip sync parts to make it part 4, and then being able to use that.

I was afraid that that's the way it would be structured. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users