MiloMod - A tool for Milo Venues

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 01:49 AM

Hi, Mr. Stacks, sorry to interrupt you in any ways, but I run again in the "unhandled exception" error again with a custom this time is "money from nothing - Dire Straits". I don't know what hppended even the problematic daft punk custom have worked well in the third version of milomod beta. 

Below I put the error message :

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
   at System.Convert.ToByte(Int32 value)
   at MiloMod.Form1.convertMidiVenue(String path2Midi)
   at MiloMod.Form1.VerifyLoadMidi()
   at MiloMod.Form1.button_LoadMidi_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MiloMod
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta3/MiloMod.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
NAudio
    Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta3/NAudio.DLL
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you again, I'm always trying to help when I find problems.

#22 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 04:37 AM

Hi, Mr. Stacks, sorry to interrupt you in any ways, but I run again in the "unhandled exception" error again with a custom this time is "money from nothing - Dire Straits". I don't know what hppended even the problematic daft punk custom have worked well in the third version of milomod beta. 

Below I put the eror message :

Thank you again, I'm always trying to help when I find problems.

I thought I took care of all the unsigned byte issues. Could you send that one to me so I can fix it?

I'm still a little confused as to how to make working venues with keys on Wii with this tool.

You can convert a song to Wii, but choose not to convert the venue in the Wii Converter. Then, you can drag and drop the folders into the program window to load up the files and convert the venue. This will retain the RBN2 features, including Keys.

#23 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 05:46 PM

I thought I took care of all the unsigned byte issues. Could you send that one to me so I can fix it?

Off course. I'll give you the link. when I downloaded, I don't find the wii version and converted a xbox con. Here's the link the one i used:

https://mega.nz/#!KA...B6PEc0dXWdCcE4U

Thank you for your support! Everytime I run in an issue I'll report to you. if this I'll help.

#24 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hi, Mr. Stacks. 

Not trying to rush you or anything off-course, but do you have some release date for the version beta 3? 

Thank you very much. 

#25 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 29 posts

Posted August 29, 2017 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for this. It seems to be working so far, though the process is slow. I have 43 tracks that support keys currently, so I believe I'll have to go through all of them for camera animations to work properly.

I also have a Song 2 by Blur "import" that doesn't animate properly either, so I might have to look into that. Maybe your program will help there too, even though I don't think that song supports keys,so I'll have to see.

I just realised that the couple of songs I have tried I left as "rocker" without really thinking, but the only one that I think needs changing (based on your gifs) is Love Bites (So Do I). Can I just reopen the milo and midi files and resave with that change? I'm assuming so.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It's nice having properly animated venues for all my files.

BTW are there any plans to update the database with the Wii versions, and if so would there be any desire for people to help put together midi and milo files for proper RB3 venue support for the Wii files?

Edit: All of my edits appear to have worked so far except for Don't Know Why by Norah Jones. I did the conversion twice just to check, and while the keyboardist will appear in the venue, the camera remains at the static distant shot. I have no idea why this particular file is a problem.

Edit 2: I have a CON that seems to work fine when played with cPlayer (that visualises the audio and note placements), but once I convert it to Wii format I get a "something went wrong" error when trying to process the DTA in Milo, and the converted BIN's cause my system to freeze when loading the song.

Any idea why this is happening?

#26 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 06:01 AM

Hi. Sorry for getting to this late again.

Send me the problem files, EuroMIX, and I'll look into it.

This tool will not work with milo files that are not RBN2 style. So basically it won't work with anything pre-RB3.

It turns out I had a Beta 4 ready for some time, but I didn't upload it. So here's beta 4, with the DTA genre feature I wanted to add quickly added in.

http://d.c3universe....374895.83748171

One new feature of the tool is now when you load a Wii folder (whether it's a meta or song folder), the DTA file is loaded and its genre is used to find a matching animation genre. You can always change it later, but at least now it won't default to rocker all the time.

Since it's been so long, now I don't remember what's different besides the new feature. I think a handful of postprocs were missing from the lists, so everything should be in there and convert properly.

Edit: The regular Posterize filter was missing and was not getting converted into the Milo, so that's now fixed.

Edited by StackOverflow0x, September 4, 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#27 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 12:35 PM

One new feature of the tool is now when you load a Wii folder (whether it's a meta or song folder), the DTA file is loaded and its genre is used to find a matching animation genre. You can always change it later, but at least now it won't default to rocker all the time.

This is great, and was probably my most immediate request to improve the program. At first I kept inadvertently leaving it as Rocker for everything, but I caught on and started changing it to match whatever your list said the genre reflected in the DTA file (still mostly Rocker though).

Thanks, I'll give the new version a try and see if there's any issues. I certainly appreciate all your hard work.

Edit: Beta 4 still refers to itself as "Beta 3" in the title bar on my system. Unsure if that's a glitch my end or the title of the program wasn't updated. It seems to be purely a cosmetic issue though, as I tried a milo file that had a non-Rocker animation genre and it switched by itself, so that part appears to be working.

#28 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 03:19 AM

This is great, and was probably my most immediate request to improve the program. At first I kept inadvertently leaving it as Rocker for everything, but I caught on and started changing it to match whatever your list said the genre reflected in the DTA file (still mostly Rocker though).

Thanks, I'll give the new version a try and see if there's any issues. I certainly appreciate all your hard work.

Edit: Beta 4 still refers to itself as "Beta 3" in the title bar on my system. Unsure if that's a glitch my end or the title of the program wasn't updated. It seems to be purely a cosmetic issue though, as I tried a milo file that had a non-Rocker animation genre and it switched by itself, so that part appears to be working.

Yes, I thought I saw 4 somewhere, but apparently not. I've fixed it now at least.

#29 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 10:46 PM

So I'm having trouble converting the Money for Nothing custom (that includes keys). I converted the CON file so I could get a copy without the converted venue, and then converted it in MiloMod, like I've done with many files, but MiloMod won't accept the mid file and instead gives my pointer the "busy" symbol when I hover over the Convert Milo button.

I think I tried converting anyway but I believe it just made the game crash when loading the song.

Any advice?

I'm wondering if this is similar to the issue I was having with the Don't Know Why custom, where I think I converted the Milo but the keyboardist still didn't show up properly.

Edit: I just thought: maybe I should try cleaning the Mid file. I didn't think of doing that until just now. I'll update if that doesn't work.

Edit 2: Nope, still no good. I can't seem to convert this file, which I suspect must be because of something to do with the mid file.

#30 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 4, 2017 - 03:38 AM

So I'm having trouble converting the Money for Nothing custom (that includes keys). I converted the CON file so I could get a copy without the converted venue, and then converted it in MiloMod, like I've done with many files, but MiloMod won't accept the mid file and instead gives my pointer the "busy" symbol when I hover over the Convert Milo button.

I think I tried converting anyway but I believe it just made the game crash when loading the song.

Any advice?

I'm wondering if this is similar to the issue I was having with the Don't Know Why custom, where I think I converted the Milo but the keyboardist still didn't show up properly.

Edit: I just thought: maybe I should try cleaning the Mid file. I didn't think of doing that until just now. I'll update if that doesn't work.

Edit 2: Nope, still no good. I can't seem to convert this file, which I suspect must be because of something to do with the mid file.

Let me check these two and see what's going on.

Edit: Found out the problem.

For "Don't Know Why", the author forgot to add play markers to the PART KEYS track, so my code was not able to find a Keys track and threw out the camera cuts it found for the Keys category, hence why the camera doesn't move in-game. I've fixed this and will post an update soon.

For "Money For Nothing", the midi seems to use many channels per track which (which is not standard for customs) and seems to be overflowing a value. I may have this fixed.

Edited by StackOverflow0x, September 4, 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#31 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 4, 2017 - 03:23 PM

Good to know that it wasn't just something I was doing wrong, and thanks for all your effort Stack. I know this is probably a tedious and thankless job, but I appreciate it all the same.

#32 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted September 6, 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hi, Mr. Stacks.

Not being ungrateful nor sarcastic, please don't misunderstand me.

But since the revival of this topic you could have a look to the custom "money for nothing" I send you in April?

That particular custom is a little tricky one.

We have some customs that don't work with your tool. Like "Bittersweet Symphony', some "Tegan and Sara" multitracks and some keys-heavy "Linkin Park" songs. I tried these in version 3.

EDIT: I read other posts from EuroMIX and I confirmed "money For nothing" is still problematic.

Thanks for your hard work and thanx for giving us version 4.

#33 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 235 posts

Posted September 6, 2017 - 12:14 PM

...some "Tegan and Sara" multitracks...

I recently mentioned this to Stack as well. I noticed broken venues during at least two Tegan and Sara Wii-friendly versions and wondered if I was experiencing a bug. Stack said there was a possibility that those customs were simply never converted using the newer tools, but I'll let him speak for himself with absolute confirmation.

I've noticed broken (or, probably more accurately, "a lack of") venues on quite a few Wii-friendly versions over the past few months, but I can't name many off the top of my head. I know Video Killed the Radio Star was one of them, because I was very sad that such a fantastic custom didn't have the proper venue love. Perhaps we should compile a list of customs which have venue issues.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
1,522 songs in my library-- and growing!
In-Depth Eclectic Requests - Welcome to the underground...

Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library

Dark horse customs - Recommend an underappreciated gem!
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

I can pitch vocals and provide dryvox!

#34 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted September 7, 2017 - 01:15 AM

I recently mentioned this to Stack as well. I noticed broken venues during at least two Tegan and Sara Wii-friendly versions and wondered if I was experiencing a bug. Stack said there was a possibility that those customs were simply never converted using the newer tools, but I'll let him speak for himself with absolute confirmation.

I've noticed broken (or, probably more accurately, "a lack of") venues on quite a few Wii-friendly versions over the past few months, but I can't name many off the top of my head. I know Video Killed the Radio Star was one of them, because I was very sad that such a fantastic custom didn't have the proper venue love. Perhaps we should compile a list of customs which have venue issues.

Hi;

For example, the robots from Kraftwerk  does not work well in keys unfortunately

#35 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 7, 2017 - 03:51 AM

Okay, I'm just going to go ahead and upload Beta 5 with the current fixes since it seems to fix the problem customs.

http://d.c3universe....970789.85489903

This version has improved Part Keys track detection in case the author forgot to add any play markers. Also changed the counter for part 2, 3, and 4 harm parts to be greater than a byte. I'm guessing all these multi-channel midis that are causing problems seem to extend to these values. Ideally, to avoid any problems like those, the channels for each midi track should be flattened into one, but I don't know how to do that.

There's also new save file dialog behavior. By default it saves to your desktop, but afterwards, if the file it will make already exists, it will default to that folder. It was making testing annoying and I think this is probably how others would prefer to save files.

#36 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 8, 2017 - 01:03 AM

Thanks Stack, I'll give it a try.

By the way, is "Compress Song Preferences and Venue" necessary at all? Is it just supposed to reduce file size?

Edit: I tested Beta 5 on the following songs and they seem to be working now;

Don't Know Why

Money For Nothing

Everything's Magic

#37 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 8, 2017 - 04:33 AM

Thanks Stack, I'll give it a try.

By the way, is "Compress Song Preferences and Venue" necessary at all? Is it just supposed to reduce file size?

Yes. The Milo format supports a compression, which saves a decent amount of space because the lip sync and event data compresses really well.

#38 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 235 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:08 AM

Hello Stack (and fellow Wii users),

I've been using customs for about six months now, mostly thanks to your help, and I have about 1,100 customs in my Wii's Rock Band 3 library. I'm considering using MiloMod now for the first time. So I want to seek some very specific clarification before I begin.

1. The big reason I want to try to use MiloMod is for the benefits when I play keys. As I understand it, the C3 Con Tools Wii Converter breaks venues during the conversion process when it involves keys. That is to say, the converted venue works fine for Wii users except when a keyboardist is present. Is this correct?

2. As I said above, I have about 1,100 customs installed at the moment. All of them have had the option "convert venue during song conversion" enabled during the conversion process. It is my understanding that these files will not be compatible with MiloMod. Does this mean I would have to redownload all of the CONs for songs I already have, convert them with the option disabled, and then process them with MiloMod?

3. Assuming yes is the answer to the previous question, and I would indeed have to redownload CONs for my entire library, are there any benefits to using MiloMod if keys are not a factor? That is to say, if a custom's venue appears to be working fine already, would anything change?

4. Assuming yes is the answer to the previous question, and that MiloMod does indeed benefit any custom, keys or not, how does one know if a custom would benefit? Will all customs benefit, or just some? What would those benefits be?

5. Going forward, should I always disable the "convert venue" function and use MiloMod? Would there be any downside to doing that for every song I download in the future?

6. Will MiloMod's functionality ever be integrated into C3 Con Tools Wii converter?

[edit]

I tried using MiloMod, but I didn't have any luck getting it to work properly.

I used C3 Con Tools to convert two songs by Cake that have keys parts (War Pigs and Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps) with the venue conversion off. I then dragged the Milo file from the meta folder into MiloMod and pressed "convert." I did not press the "Load Venue from MIDI" button, nor did I compress the song preferences and venue. When I played each song in game on bass and on keys (separately), the camera just stared at the stage and nobody played any instruments.

What did I do wrong?

The original post doesn't explicitly say I have to load the MIDI, so I didn't... I am assuming that's the problem, but I'll wait for guidance before I refresh my cache again.

[/edit]

[edit #2]

Well, I gave it another attempt, this time inputting both the Milo and the MIDI. It didn't work if I checked the box for compression (I got a crash), but it did work without it. The venue acted like a normal venue. Too bad the keyboardist never actually touched his keyboard, ha. I guess the author of those two customs didn't program in any animations for the keyboardist, so I chose poorly (and that also reinforces my question above about how I'd ever know if I'd reap any benefits of using MiloMod). That being said...

The entire process of getting these Milo conversions to work simply doesn't feel worth it because it takes so much time and micromanagement, which is a horrible shame. So many clicks and organizational tasks are required simply to convert one Milo. Is there any way this can be streamlined? Ideally the entire thing would be integrated into the C3 Con Tools Wii Converter itself, but barring that, here are some suggestions...

When saving converted files, MiloMod defaults to the desktop and doesn't seem to remember what directory I last chose. This is frustrating. Can the program be made to remember the last location a file was saved, or select its home directory first?

Even better, an option to automatically override inputted Milos would save a ton of time.

Can the program somehow examine files to determine if there is any point in even using MiloMod? As I said above, beyond preserving the venue in the two customs I just played keys on, there was no real benefit.

MiloMod has the potential to be so incredibly helpful for Wii users. At the moment, I hit the point of diminishing returns almost immediately. :(

[/edit #2]

As always, many thanks for your dedication.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
1,522 songs in my library-- and growing!
In-Depth Eclectic Requests - Welcome to the underground...

Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library

Dark horse customs - Recommend an underappreciated gem!
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

I can pitch vocals and provide dryvox!

#39 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 338 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 03:34 AM

Thanks again for this program! I was able to change the origin of every C3, GHtoRB3, and RBN song in my library and retain their venues. There were 9 songs that threw errors, however. These are:

A Day to Remember - Better Off This Way "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Britney Spears - Toxic "Note ons without note offs 2 (file format 1)"

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun "Note ons without note offs 3 (file format 1)"

Elmo and Patsy - Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Muse - Knights of Cyndonia "Note ons without note offs 3208 (file format 1)"

Savatage - Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

SlackiCircus - Heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa (Fabulous Secret Powers) "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

The Eagles - Hotel California "Got an off without an on 17262 NoteOff Ch. 1 C8 Vel:0"

#40 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,335 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 04:16 AM

Hello Stack (and fellow Wii users),

I've been using customs for about six months now, mostly thanks to your help, and I have about 1,100 customs in my Wii's Rock Band 3 library. I'm considering using MiloMod now for the first time. So I want to seek some very specific clarification before I begin.

1. The big reason I want to try to use MiloMod is for the benefits when I play keys. As I understand it, the C3 Con Tools Wii Converter breaks venues during the conversion process when it involves keys. That is to say, the converted venue works fine for Wii users except when a keyboardist is present. Is this correct?

2. As I said above, I have about 1,100 customs installed at the moment. All of them have had the option "convert venue during song conversion" enabled during the conversion process. It is my understanding that these files will not be compatible with MiloMod. Does this mean I would have to redownload all of the CONs for songs I already have, convert them with the option disabled, and then process them with MiloMod?

3. Assuming yes is the answer to the previous question, and I would indeed have to redownload CONs for my entire library, are there any benefits to using MiloMod if keys are not a factor? That is to say, if a custom's venue appears to be working fine already, would anything change?

4. Assuming yes is the answer to the previous question, and that MiloMod does indeed benefit any custom, keys or not, how does one know if a custom would benefit? Will all customs benefit, or just some? What would those benefits be?

5. Going forward, should I always disable the "convert venue" function and use MiloMod? Would there be any downside to doing that for every song I download in the future?

6. Will MiloMod's functionality ever be integrated into C3 Con Tools Wii converter?

[edit]

I tried using MiloMod, but I didn't have any luck getting it to work properly.

I used C3 Con Tools to convert two songs by Cake that have keys parts (War Pigs and Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps) with the venue conversion off. I then dragged the Milo file from the meta folder into MiloMod and pressed "convert." I did not press the "Load Venue from MIDI" button, nor did I compress the song preferences and venue. When I played each song in game on bass and on keys (separately), the camera just stared at the stage and nobody played any instruments.

What did I do wrong?

The original post doesn't explicitly say I have to load the MIDI, so I didn't... I am assuming that's the problem, but I'll wait for guidance before I refresh my cache again.

[/edit]

[edit #2]

Well, I gave it another attempt, this time inputting both the Milo and the MIDI. It didn't work if I checked the box for compression (I got a crash), but it did work without it. The venue acted like a normal venue. Too bad the keyboardist never actually touched his keyboard, ha. I guess the author of those two customs didn't program in any animations for the keyboardist, so I chose poorly (and that also reinforces my question above about how I'd ever know if I'd reap any benefits of using MiloMod). That being said...

The entire process of getting these Milo conversions to work simply doesn't feel worth it because it takes so much time and micromanagement, which is a horrible shame. So many clicks and organizational tasks are required simply to convert one Milo. Is there any way this can be streamlined? Ideally the entire thing would be integrated into the C3 Con Tools Wii Converter itself, but barring that, here are some suggestions...

When saving converted files, MiloMod defaults to the desktop and doesn't seem to remember what directory I last chose. This is frustrating. Can the program be made to remember the last location a file was saved, or select its home directory first?

Even better, an option to automatically override inputted Milos would save a ton of time.

Can the program somehow examine files to determine if there is any point in even using MiloMod? As I said above, beyond preserving the venue in the two customs I just played keys on, there was no real benefit.

MiloMod has the potential to be so incredibly helpful for Wii users. At the moment, I hit the point of diminishing returns almost immediately. :(

[/edit #2]

As always, many thanks for your dedication.

Alright, I'll try to answer everything the best I can.

1. C3 CON Tools isn't "breaking" venues. It's converting them to RBN1 venues, which are normally compatible with the game, unlike RBN2 venues which Magma produces. But, since RBN1 doesn't support Keys, it shows up as no venue in-game. The game is actually looking for venues in the Milo at that point, but it won't find anything.

2. This is true. The tool was never meant to convert a whole library because you won't have the original Midi's venue to create the updated Milo. You would have to redownload the CONs for those customs and convert from there. Converting the Milo from the CON would be faster, but I haven't implemented that feature yet.

3. There would still be a minor benefit. Since RBN2 venues supports additional post-procs, these are irreversibly converted to RBN1-compatible post-procs. MiloMod will preserve these.

4. I think the previous answer sort of answers that question. There is no way to know otherwise, so the conversion should happen on an as-need basis.

5. You can do this. The only thing to watch out for are the bugs that apparently still in the tool that I need to fix.

6. C3 CON Tools is already open source. But I don't think I would be able to integrate the functionality.

I am trying to improve the workflow of the program. I was mostly using it for preparing songs to preview, so there's a lot of micromanaging already. You can already drag and drop any of the Wii folders to get all the files you need. I am also planning on adding an overwrite option to save the time of replacing the file manually. You'll notice the tool won't let you import RBN1 Midis because there's no point converting those. And again, when I can get CON importing working, then you won't even have to bother with the Wii steps anymore because then you can convert it like a normal custom.

Another benefit of MiloMod – for anyone – is allowing you to override the animation genre. This is something an author can do independent of the venue conversion.

Thanks again for this program! I was able to change the origin of every C3, GHtoRB3, and RBN song in my library and retain their venues. There were 9 songs that threw errors, however. These are:

A Day to Remember - Better Off This Way "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Britney Spears - Toxic "Note ons without note offs 2 (file format 1)"

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun "Note ons without note offs 3 (file format 1)"

Elmo and Patsy - Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Muse - Knights of Cyndonia "Note ons without note offs 3208 (file format 1)"

Savatage - Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

SlackiCircus - Heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa (Fabulous Secret Powers) "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte"

The Eagles - Hotel California "Got an off without an on 17262 NoteOff Ch. 1 C8 Vel:0"

I'll try to fix these errors for the next release.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users