Rocking with Kem - Rock Band Live Stream Mondays 7pm Eastern

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 10:19 PM

okupXQl.png

I'll be doing a live stream of Rock Band (3 and sometimes 4) Mondays, starting at 7pm Eastern.

Special Stream - Amateur Hour Live Authoring Stream - Jan 16th 3:30pm Eastern.

Link to Stream

Initial Announcement

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#2 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 511 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 10:56 PM

Sounds interesting.

#3 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 681 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 11:55 PM

I've enjoyed other people's rock band streams in the past so I'd definitely watch when I could

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

#4 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 12:09 AM

You got two thumbs up from me and Housequake. Cool idea!

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#5 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 210 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 12:47 AM

Kemiroch, i will watch your livestrem, have a lot of customs to discover, play and enjoy. 

you will play official dlc?
can suggest songs?  can you play the red hot chilli peepers songs, they are leaving the store  this week.

#6 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 511 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 02:10 AM

I would watch.

#7 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hey thanks for the support guys. I will try to do a pilot stream this weekend, Saturday most likely.

The two burning questions I have at the moment are:

• A good time, when people would be most likely to be able to attend
  • Would it be best to play a song, then do commentary after, or commentary over the song like a dvd commentary track?

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#8 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 933 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 11:23 PM

Hey thanks for the support guys. I will try to do a pilot stream this weekend, Saturday most likely.

The two burning questions I have at the moment are:

• A good time, when people would be most likely to be able to attend
  • Would it be best to play a song, then do commentary after, or commentary over the song like a dvd commentary track?

Not early lol, some of us don't get up before noon Pacific time.

I myself would play the song then do commentary. 

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

Rock with the Doc at c3Universe

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  

Bono

#9 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 01:54 PM

Kemiroch, i will watch your livestrem, have a lot of customs to discover, play and enjoy. 

you will play official dlc?
can suggest songs?  can you play the red hot chilli peepers songs, they are leaving the store  this week.

I will play official DLC. My plan at the moment is to do loosely 'themed' shows, with a mix of appropriate official and unofficial dlc.

As for the RHCP, I don't actually have any of those songs (I'm not a super huge fan of theirs) so I probably won't play them. However, I do love Dani California, so I may throw that one in somewhere.

Not early lol, some of us don't get up before noon Pacific time.

I myself would play the song then do commentary. 

Heh, that's 3pm my time. I could try it at that time and see what happens :)

Sounds good on the commentary format, I'll go that way.

One more question: Should I go all instruments mode to show off the charts, or just the instrument I'll be playing (most likely guitar, might switch to bass/keys depending on the song)?

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#10 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 06:36 PM

I'm having a little setback with my streaming equipment so I'll have to delay the debut a bit.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#11 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 05:54 PM

I figured out my equipment problems.

I will try a stream tomorrow at 3pm EST, if that works for anyone?

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#12 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 06:20 PM

Hey I'm on it Kemiroch!

Wanna send me directions to the party and should I stop on the way and get more beer?  :cool:

You may think the stuff I bring is 'cheesy' but ask yourself this......is it american or is it brie?

#13 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 08:21 PM

It'll be on my Twitch channel, which is twitch.tv/kemiroch.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#14 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Hey the wife and I wanna thank you for taking the time to do this. It was fun, we had a good time and it gave us a chance to check out other music that we may not have considered playing. Your input regarding the charting and how the process works was really engaging and informative. Housequake is also wanting to see your idea come to light as to how to transition from Hard to Expert guitar playing. Looking forward to next time man. :D

Stay Chill!

#15 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,068 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 11:17 PM

Aw dang I must've just missed it.

Let us know when you do another one and I'll try and watch it!

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#16 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 02:34 PM

Here's a quick rundown of the songs played:

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California

SnappleMan - I Could Be Banned Soon Trigger

Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55

Super Secret Preview Song - Kemiroch

And since I promised I would look it up, Merry Clayton from Gimme Shelter has also performed background vocals for " Ray Charles (as one of the Raelettes), Pearl BaileyPhil OchsBurt BacharachTom JonesJoe CockerLinda RonstadtCarole King, and on several tracks from Neil Young's debut album" (via Wikipedia). She has a handful of solo albums as well.

As for my next stream, I'm not sure at the moment. My weekend is up in the air but I do have tomorrow off. Perhaps something then? Otherwise I'll try and squeeze it in this weekend.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#17 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,068 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 02:37 PM

And since I promised I would look it up, Merry Clayton from Gimme Shelter has also performed background vocals for...

Is this the one singing "rape, murder, it's just a shot away"? 'Cause her scream during that song is incredibly daunting. Shivers every time.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#18 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 683 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 03:06 PM

Is this the one singing "rape, murder, it's just a shot away"? 'Cause her scream during that song is incredibly daunting. Shivers every time.

Yes. Even more chilling: she was pregnant at the time she performed her vocals for the song, and miscarried after returning home. Speculation is that the exertion of the singing was what caused it.

All these and more uplifting facts on Rocking With Kem!

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#19 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,068 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 05:40 PM

Goodness. I couldn't imagine that conversation with the doctor.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#20 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 557 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 02:55 AM

Gosh Kem, I totally forgot that you mentioned that you would find out more about Merry Clayton. Obviously you are a man of your word. Thanks for looking into it.  Yeah, Merry definitely puts a certain "umphh" into that groove,.. such a powerful backing vocal, she rocks it really well. I can see how so many iconic artists would want to work with her. Simply awesome. 

I guess with wiki and all the instantly accessible info one can get on the net. We could'a just looked it up for ourselves........I dunno, to me...it just sounds waaayyy cooler to say "I heard about that on an episode of 'Rocking with Kem'.  Got a ring to it, know what I'm sayin'?  I don't know if you're old enough to remember or know about Casey Kassem's  American Top 40......dude always had nice tasty tidbits of trivia about artist or song before or after he would play the song.  I ate that stuff up. I can see the very same thing goin' on with what you envision for your stream, just about anything and everything to do with RB3 and customs.

As far as streaming tomorrow, I've set up camp in front of the 'House of Customs'.......but I guess I can jump back and forth between your stream and the 'House'....

Keep us posted as to what goes down, K ?  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users