Suggest Muse Songs (FoF Conversions WIP)

muse fof frets on fire

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 293 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 07:58 PM

Releasing 4 songs in 1 week is a massive undertaking for one person. You've definitely earned a break.

#22 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted September 20, 2016 - 01:47 AM

It's not that tough since keep in mind these are conversions with charts are already done on expert, with overdrive and pro drums. CAT got me ~80% of the way there or more for lower difficulties which was a big help.

It's also just a break from this specific project. I'm still charting.

#23 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted October 4, 2016 - 10:06 PM

I uploaded Crying Shame. Getting back into the swing of things. Best case will be one custom a week but I can't always guarantee it.

A question though as I'm not sure about the etiquitte here. When is it ok to move this from WIP to General Discussion? Do I wait until the entire project is finished or keep an updating post? Should I have both? Does it matter?

I'm also open to keyboard entries. I'm not looking for anything formal, like a dedicated author. The MIDI files are all available in the FoF page so anyone who's good at it can contribute and I can merge the track into the final product. I suppose I should put that into the title?

Sorry if double posting is not allowed.

#24 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 293 posts

Posted October 4, 2016 - 11:57 PM

You don't need to have a thread in the "Other Customs" section, but you can make one if you want. Most people have a list of songs in the WiP section and when a song is released, it is removed from the WiP thread and added to the Other Customs thread. But again, the way you're doing it right now is fine, but feel free to have both if it keeps you more organized.

And also if someone did some key upgrades, that'd be pretty sweet. Also thanks for Crying Shame.

#25 JrMan

JrMan
  • 59 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for these kueller!

#26 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted October 28, 2016 - 10:12 AM

Apologies for the recent downtime as I haven't had much time and have no access to Rock Band for about another week (when I can test). I am putting things aside for a bit though to get a custom out of the new Cramps cover.

#27 Mandrag

Mandrag
  • 114 posts

Posted October 28, 2016 - 09:15 PM

Apologies for the recent downtime as I haven't had much time and have no access to Rock Band for about another week (when I can test). I am putting things aside for a bit though to get a custom out of the new Cramps cover.

No worries, take your time :). Sounds awesome with the new custom!

#28 willz

willz
  • 16 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 07:33 AM

hey man, found your thread and think it's awesome that you have a lot of muse charted on FoF already! Just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm finishing up "showbiz" and plan on releasing it soon (in addition to "unintended") in case you were working on it already or planning on it to save you time. I'd be down to help out with "Liquid State" and "Big Freeze" if need be, those were some songs I wanted to work on down the road.

#29 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted January 3, 2017 - 07:51 AM

I have Liquid and Freeze mostly done as they're later songs and I was better at that point. I just don't have the harmonies and possible keyboard for Big Freeze.

I can review Showbiz if you want also. I know these songs front and back by now from making these charts.

#30 willz

willz
  • 16 posts

Posted January 3, 2017 - 10:27 PM

I have Liquid and Freeze mostly done as they're later songs and I was better at that point. I just don't have the harmonies and possible keyboard for Big Freeze.

I can review Showbiz if you want also. I know these songs front and back by now from making these charts.

alright cool, just curious. since you're basically done I'll leave those up to you, I don't feel confident enough to author harmonies as of yet, I already have a hard time picking out main vocals half the time. lol

I can PM you a link to the RPP I have for showbiz later tonight, I haven't done reductions yet but advice is appreciated on the expert parts I have charted already.

#31 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted January 7, 2017 - 11:52 PM

As per request I've adapted my existing Panic Station chart since it seems people weren't very pleased with the one in the database. I won't challenge the preexisting database entry so I'll leave the link here and also put it in the OP.

https://mega.nz/#!qg4lkILI!lsr1cu9DS43jnrXqARX3UMUoxWFK7cRPRQxFjzdb53c

Instrument complete, all difficulties. I don't have the fancy visualizer because Linux.

#32 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 293 posts

Posted January 8, 2017 - 01:57 AM

Thank you very much. I couldn't tell what was wrong with the original version, but I love this song and I know you do great work so I'll grab this.

#33 JrMan

JrMan
  • 59 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 07:26 PM

Keep them coming much appriciated :)

#34 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 11:42 PM

Hey so if you haven't check out willz' Showbiz custom. I reviewed this one myself before release and the quality is excellent. There's also Unintended which I haven't seen yet.

#35 Basedjayz

Basedjayz
  • 42 posts

Posted January 19, 2017 - 12:22 AM

Thank you so much for the updated version of Panic Station!! so much better in all the instruments! Cheers!

#36 jacobn28

jacobn28
  • 9 posts

Posted February 10, 2017 - 09:59 PM

Any plans to add keyboards to Globalist? They're kinda important for the ending. I remember having a version with keys a few months ago.

#37 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 05:38 AM

Any plans to add keyboards to Globalist? They're kinda important for the ending. I remember having a version with keys a few months ago.

I made that horribly rushed keys chart that I was not proud of in the slightest, so I removed it on the released version. I will eventually add keys into the chart but it's not something I'm prioritizing right away. I'll need to consult a score for it if I want to get it right, as opposed to mapping by ear. And I do want to get it right when I add it.

#38 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted March 3, 2017 - 08:38 AM

Posting an update here. This next custom has been taking a while, as you may have noticed. I've gone back to doing them by request priority order. The toughest parts are mostly behind me but I've just recently gotten a big surprise increase in work load for the next few weeks so I'm forced to set aside a lot of free time, if not all of it. Progress will return to what it was once this passes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: muse, fof, frets on fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users