Yesyears: The Yes Chronicles

Yes Prog rock Jon Anderson Chris Squire Tony Kaye Peter Banks Bill Bruford Rick Wakeman Steve Howe Trevor Rabin

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 261 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 09:44 PM

I also have I Am A Camera completed on all instruments as well, though I was saving that one to be released as a bonus together with Into The Lens.

Just go ahead and release it if you have it ready. I haven't touched Into the Lens for a while but only drums and some of the bass are done. I'll likely swing back around to my Yes tracks next month.

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/PS)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

SEE WIP THREAD

STARBIRD WITH YOUR LIGHT LEAD US ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#22 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,571 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 09:48 PM

Hello all. I have Tempus Fugit completed on all instruments. If its alright with everyone, Im ready to release it.

I also have I Am A Camera completed on all instruments as well, though I was saving that one to be released as a bonus together with Into The Lens.

I know NSW1-6 mentioned there were tempo map fixes to be made for Tempus Fugit.  Just be aware before releasing that one.  You may have already done changes yourself.

#23 ejthedj

ejthedj
  • 70 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 10:14 PM

Just go ahead and release it if you have it ready. I haven't touched Into the Lens for a while but only drums and some of the bass are done. I'll likely swing back around to my Yes tracks next month.

Sounds good. You’re welcome to use my I Am A Camera chart to help with Into The Lens. I Am A Camera is a **very** watered down version of Into The Lens, so it might make the individual parts easier to single out

Rush Rockband Resolution (R3):

http://customscreato...-resolution-r3/

#24 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,791 posts

Posted February 25, 2018 - 08:18 AM

Updated this project OP with everything released to date

Fw2376K.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: ghostbyob

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

DRUMS: MrBurpler

The world’s greatest progressive rock band takes on the Beatles with a 1969 update of the John Lennon, Paul McCartney composition “Every Little Thing.” Peter Banks even adds a lick or two from “Day Tripper.” The addition seems very appropriate, as Yes’ trippy version of “Every Little Thing” seems ready to almost fly off the rails at any second. Here, Banks shines in a way none of his successors could, with a bluesy, yet psychedelic storm coming from his guitar. Peter Banks’ flash is undeniable and fitting. Jon Anderson, meanwhile, provides an almost tender reading of “Every Little Thing,” which is propelled by an aggressive backbeat from Bill Bruford and the maestro, Chris Squire. While this is a great interpretation of a good song, it also points out the power of the group’s original compositions.

JY0cJBM.jpg

Video Preview

GUITAR/VOCALS: nsw1-6

A grandiose ballad from the first Yes album, "Sweetness" was also selected as the group's first ever single - an "absolutely ludicrous" idea, insists guitarist Pete Banks, and one that only exacerbated the group's belief that Atlantic didn't have a clue what the band was all about. "I presume the idea was to make Yes the next Bee Gees," he continued, before adding that, Jon Anderson aside, the rest of the band weren't even that keen on the song in the first place. Period reviews were no more encouraging - one English paper described the performance as "pretty, almost sugary, and unlikely to happen,” and the single was indeed a flop. However, Anderson's vocals are outstanding, as wistful and delicate as the lyric, and supported by what were already shaping up to be the trademark "classic Yes" harmonies. The band, too, are lushly understated, and "Sweetness" has since emerged among the very best of Yes' early recordings.

MbZL4Vt.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: ghostbyob

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

DRUMS: MrBurpler

"Something`s Coming", taken from Leonard Bernstein`s "West Side Story" musical, has a very good arrangement, with Bill Bruford playing some Jazz drums and the rest of the band playing heavy in some parts. It also has very good vocal harmonies, which became a "trademark" for the band.

#25 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,791 posts

Posted March 8, 2018 - 07:37 AM

image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yes, Prog rock, Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Tony Kaye, Peter Banks, Bill Bruford, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Trevor Rabin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users