Yesyears: The Yes Chronicles

Yes Prog rock Jon Anderson Chris Squire Tony Kaye Peter Banks Bill Bruford Rick Wakeman Steve Howe Trevor Rabin

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,613 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 03:38 PM

This will be the place to organize and coordinate collaboration for the Yes discography. Please post if you have any songs in progress and what parts you need help with. I've listed everything available in the database so if I've missed anything let me know.

Stay tuned......

1969 Yes

Yes_-_Yes.jpg

Beyond and Before (DRUMS only)
I See You - Synced
Every Little Thing
Looking Around - Synced
Sweetness
Survival - (DRUMS only)
Something's Coming

1970 Time and a Word

1434648121_Yes-Time-And-A-Word-1970-Prog

No Opportunity Necessary...

Everydays

Then (DRUMS only)

Astral Traveler

Time and a Word

1971 The Yes Album

Y4_LPFM0288_SMALL.jpg

Yours Is No Disgrace

Starship Trooper

I've Seen All Good People

Perpetual Change (DRUMS only)

The Clap

1971 Fragile

20245_d0d4964ae56bc6073b725bd6365b963c.j

Roundabout

Five Percent of Nothing

South Side of The Sky

America  - Synced

1972 Close to the Edge

yes-close-to-the-edge.jpg

Close to the Edge

And You and I

Siberian Khatru

1973 Tales from Topographic Oceans
yes-tales-from-topographic-oceans-tn.jpg
The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)
Tales from Toppographic Oceans Medley Side 2-4

1974 Relayer

61f_IT3dkp_SL_SMALL.jpg

The Gates of Delirium (D, G only)

Sound Chaser - Syncing

To Be Over

1977 Going for the One

Yes+-+Going+For+The+One.jpg

Going For The One - Synced, B/PD/V
Turn Of The Century - Synced, PD/V
Parallels (DRUMS only)
Wondrous Stories  - Synced, B/V
Awaken (missing V, B, PK)

1978 Tormato
eq1iqt.jpg
Release, Release (DRUMS only)
On the Silent Wings of Freedom

1980 Drama
yes_drama_SMALL.jpg
Into The Lens  - Synced
Tempus Fugit (D only)

1987 Big Generator

Yes_Big_Generator_SMALL.jpg

1991 Union

yes-union.jpg

Lift Me Up (D only)

Silent Talking  - Synced

1994 Talk

2s63kn5.jpg

The Calling  - Synced

#2 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 122 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Sweet! it's really cool to have a yes database now! i'm working on the whole close to the edge album, i have clabboraters already but if i need more i'll post em' here. Also i did a live version of "long distance runaround", but i don't know if you wanna put live material in the DB.

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#3 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 222 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 07:22 PM

Outside of my current Yes pack, I will help to upgrade Gates Of Delirium and AJFOne's currently released stuff. I do intend to get around to finishing Tales from Topographic Oceans after I release the "excerpts" version. 

Songs planned and will work on in the future:

The Clap

Tales From Topographic Oceans (The Revealing Science Of God, The Remembering, The Ancient, Ritual)

Tormato (Future Times/Rejoice, Don't Kill The Whale, Madrigal, Arriving UFO, Circus Of Heaven)

Songs from Paris Sessions, unfinished third album of late 70s Yes (Golden Age, Go Through This, etc.)

Machine Messiah

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (Fist Of Fire?, Brother Of Mine, Quartet, Order Of The Universe, Let's Pretend)

Union (I Would Have Waited Forever, Shock To The System (maybe), Miracle Of Life)

Talk (I Am Waiting, Real Love, State Of Play, Walls, Where Will You Be(?), The Endless Dream)

There are plans to do solo work by former members of the group, but those are separate.

Wakeman (Stuff from Six Wives Of Henry VIII up to Rhapsodies)

Squire (Fish Out Of Water)

I have listened much to Yes beyond Talk and will do so to get a better idea.

EDIT: Consolidated list better

Edited by nsw1-6, September 29, 2016 - 04:35 PM.

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/PS)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

SEE WIP THREAD

STARBIRD WITH YOUR LIGHT LEAD US ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#4 Xdeadoralive

Xdeadoralive
  • 88 posts

Posted September 1, 2016 - 01:32 AM

:haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  just an opinion... Ladder and Magnification are great albums too ;)

#5 ws54

ws54
  • 770 posts

Posted September 1, 2016 - 08:36 AM

"Tracks from Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (Brother Of Mine, Quartet, Order Of The Universe, Let's Pretend)"

Let's Pretend is already available.

#6 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted September 2, 2016 - 11:47 PM

i have a drum chart for "Five Per Cent For Nothing" haha

#7 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,613 posts

Posted September 5, 2016 - 04:40 PM

i have a drum chart for "Five Per Cent For Nothing" haha

send it over :)

ADDED:

Sweetness

Survival

#8 BigTasty!!!

BigTasty!!!
  • 28 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 08:55 PM

I can't wait for the calling! love that song!

#9 Nightwing

Nightwing
  • 1 posts

Posted February 23, 2017 - 08:15 PM

I wasn't sure where to put in my request for songs from "Big Generator". So I'm putting it here. (AND I'm most grateful for any and all Yes songs that do get done)

Specifically, I'd love to see "Love Will Find a Way" ,and if at all possible - "Shoot High,Aim Low" (easily the best song from that album,IMO)

Thank you all for all of your hard word w/RBC.

#10 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 28 posts

Posted March 4, 2017 - 11:15 PM

I would be more than happy to work on America and Perpetual Change if no one else is doing so already.

#11 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 259 posts

Posted March 5, 2017 - 02:11 PM

I was planning on starting on Perpetual Change with stems. What instruments do you prefer to author? I most like drums and bass guitar.

#12 ejthedj

ejthedj
  • 44 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 09:42 PM

I see that Into the Lens is listed as "synched". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean it's being worked on? If so, I might be able to help. I was planning on doing "I Am A Camera", which is highly similar to it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not duplicating any efforts 😎

Rush Rockband Resolution (R3):

http://customscreato...-resolution-r3/

#13 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 222 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 02:00 AM

I see that Into the Lens is listed as "synched". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean it's being worked on? If so, I might be able to help. I was planning on doing "I Am A Camera", which is highly similar to it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not duplicating any efforts

Synced means I have a tempo map ready for adding notes. It's still being worked on with the other Yes. As for "I Am A Camera", depends on how different the song is, I haven't listened to it myself. To my knowledge, the song is half the length, so I assume that some of what makes Into The Lens great is missing.

SEE WIP THREAD

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#14 ejthedj

ejthedj
  • 44 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 07:52 PM

You are correct. "I Am A Camera" is a less fleshed-out version of "Into the Lens". Apparently Yes added their input to it while Trevor and Geoff "merged" with Yes for the Drama album, then the two made their own version as The Buggles. I definitely like the Yes version much better though 😎

#15 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 686 posts

Posted March 16, 2017 - 05:05 AM

I wasn't sure where to put in my request for songs from "Big Generator". So I'm putting it here. (AND I'm most grateful for any and all Yes songs that do get done)

Specifically, I'd love to see "Love Will Find a Way" ,and if at all possible - "Shoot High,Aim Low" (easily the best song from that album,IMO)

Thank you all for all of your hard word w/RBC.

I'll cast my vote for "Love Will Find a Way" from Big Generator as well.  I'd also love to play "Rhythm of Love" from that album.

If you care to venture beyond the Rabin era, I could suggest some songs from Open Your Eyes.  I seem to be in the minority, but I think it's is a pretty good Yes album, at least as good as Talk or Big Generator.  "New State of Mind", "Fortune Seller" and "Man in the Moon" are all among my favorite Yes songs.

#16 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,509 posts

Posted March 16, 2017 - 05:12 AM

If the tempo map of Tempus Fugit was fixed I would be willing to help full band it.

#17 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 351 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 04:02 PM

Looks like there hasn't been much progress in a while.

I have started on Perpetual Change and Astral Traveller.  Hopefully done by February.

#18 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 222 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 04:49 PM

Looks like there hasn't been much progress in a while.

I have started on Perpetual Change and Astral Traveller.  Hopefully done by February.

Do you mean upgrading Astral Traveller? It has drums and guitar already.

To my knowledge with talk amongst collaborators, Perpetual Change is mostly done it just needs bass at this point.

SEE WIP THREAD

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#19 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 351 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 05:07 PM

I had done a bass chart, until I lost my data.  There are several time signature changes in the song, and I was about halfway through a new tempo map (using my bass and Oscar's drums to guide me).  I will be happy to supply my bass and a new tempo map, if that helps, if, and when, I recover my data.

Likewise, there are time signature changes in Astral Traveller.  I have done bass for that, and am working on a new tempo map now. 

Drum chart is fine (except for the missing TS changes).  Guitar seems over-charted, and I plan on doing that from scratch.  I will also do  keys and vocals.

#20 ejthedj

ejthedj
  • 44 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hello all. I have Tempus Fugit completed on all instruments. If its alright with everyone, Im ready to release it.

I also have I Am A Camera completed on all instruments as well, though I was saving that one to be released as a bonus together with Into The Lens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yes, Prog rock, Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Tony Kaye, Peter Banks, Bill Bruford, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Trevor Rabin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users