Rock Band DLC Removal List (Updated 4/1/17)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 06:18 PM

Heya guys!

Just a reminder that "I'm With the Chili Peppers Pack" and each song in it will be removed by the 16th! If the distributors haven't taken it down already, grab it before it's gone...forever.

May I suggest color coding or putting asterisks on songs that you can still get through other means -- such as tracks packs or codes?

Just to let you know I haven't been ignoring this request. I saw this a while back and I do plan on implementing a color-coding system once I get around to it (school started up last month and it's been crazy). :sweatdrop:

If you'd like to help compile a list of other means to still (legally) obtain removed DLC songs, I'd be glad to add it to the OP when I get a chance. It'll be faster than waiting for me to find time/remember.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#22 kueller

kueller
  • 45 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 09:37 AM

Oh damn in the binge I had a while ago when the removals were announced I forgot the Beatles stuff. Shame since even if I went down those methods there was still a lot more to that DLC than just the charts.

#23 Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend
  • 120 posts

Posted September 16, 2016 - 05:21 PM

Those this means that if these are not official DLC anymore, they could be ported as customs in a future?

I hope the answer to this is yes, but I don't think so...

#24 ElectricSkylab

ElectricSkylab
  • 79 posts

Posted September 16, 2016 - 07:19 PM

Those this means that if these are not official DLC anymore, they could be ported as customs in a future?

No. They were at one point official Harmonix DLC and many still have those songs on their Xbox before they were removed from the store. They are still technically Harmonix properties and making customs of those would be against forum rules.

#25 MissingElements

MissingElements
  • 509 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 04:44 AM

Happy birthday to me, removing Chili Peppers on the 16th and I haven't even gotten the chance to buy them. I didn't even realize they were gone yet 'til now. I hate how they remove music. They could at least try to like make RB4 versions of old releases or something. I'm sure at least one artist they had in the past will let them. I know they've done that with a couple songs, but there's gotta be more they can do.

#26 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,129 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 10:24 AM

Every single time you think "Music licensing cannot be this brutal" you need to understand that it's 10 times more brutal than you believe. ;)

#27 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 237 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 02:06 PM

I was buying in time, in september 15th, the red hot chilli peepers pack(5 songs i not buy entire pack,lol), in my country xbox live the fleetwood mac,styx, south park pokerface is still avaliable to purchase, but is so expensive here, need buying them because i am rock band fan.

:)

#28 MissingElements

MissingElements
  • 509 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 03:20 AM

Every single time you think "Music licensing cannot be this brutal" you need to understand that it's 10 times more brutal than you believe. ;)

See that's just crazy to me, which makes me feel like it should be allowed to at least make custom versions without multitracks or original charts of songs that have been removed. Because I didn't get extremely into Rock Band until like System Of A Down was removed, or the whole Rock Band 2 Free Pack and Export Pack were removed. But at the same time, I respect the way it has to be, and I'm always grateful for new DLC. It just really sucks when those contain some of your most favorite songs of all time, hahaha. I respect it though!

#29 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 05:55 AM

Yeah I know what you mean. Licensing is one of the most irritating things to exist. Gotta keep that competition and royalties going though!

Hooray legal stuff.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#30 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 07:35 AM

Hey guys,

It's been some time since any DLC removal has been announced but that has changed. Today the dreaded news has hit us and now we will have to suffer the removal of...a grand total of one song

Update 2/27 - To Be Removed On or Before 3/31:

Tutankamon
  • Starting To Appreciate

Totally forgot about the color coding. Whoops. I'll get to it eventually!

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#31 hobbzee77

hobbzee77
  • 136 posts
    Deep in the Outer Rim... AKA Perth, Western Australia

Posted March 4, 2017 - 02:21 AM

This is pretty much the list of songs I'm missing from RB4 minus The Beatles DLC which will most likely never come to RB4.  Patiently waiting for the delisted stuff to appear in my ready to install folder on the xboxone.

So it's been a while since Sideshow posted this & i'm wondering what progress you guys have noticed (if any) toward this situation across the diff platforms & regions???

As far as PS4 in SCEE there hasn't been a whole to report unfortunately.   Each time i do a quick scroll through the DLC on PSN i get the odd song or two that i'm missing suddenly appearing as free to download,  but it doesn't happen very often.  So i'm still down a buttload of songs from how my setlist looked in RB3 on PS3.

Very Frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users