Sailing Whisper's Customs - (11/2/17) The Final Cut! GA1 is finished!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 7, 2017 - 04:46 PM

Bumping for the album release!

#22 Derekô

Derekô
  • 86 posts

Posted April 7, 2017 - 06:13 PM

Dude, way to go. You're doing God's [key]work.

OM2uucL.png

#23 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 7, 2017 - 06:32 PM

Dude, way to go. You're doing God's [key]work.

Haha thanks, I hope you enjoy!

#24 jloboc

jloboc
  • 251 posts

Posted April 7, 2017 - 08:14 PM

thank you!!! this is amazing, finally some long overdue C&C full band full album sweetness, i really hope you can continue.

Honestly speaking I cannot understand why there was so little if any Coheed and Cambria full band custom, I remember back in the day

how Welcome Home was played and replayed off and online.  Maybe that's the reason?  People got tired of them?  :D

Anyway thank you and I really look forward to playing this tracks, BTW I'm the single vote for TSSTB, why???  :haw:

Saludos!

#25 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 7, 2017 - 09:40 PM

thank you!!! this is amazing, finally some long overdue C&C full band full album sweetness, i really hope you can continue.

Honestly speaking I cannot understand why there was so little if any Coheed and Cambria full band custom, I remember back in the day

how Welcome Home was played and replayed off and online.  Maybe that's the reason?  People got tired of them?  :D

Anyway thank you and I really look forward to playing this tracks, BTW I'm the single vote for TSSTB, why???  :haw:

Saludos!

There is a ton of coheed that is guitar only on the database, but I guess they're just not a super popular band. I also think that STTB is a fantastic album, but it's not as popular as GA1. Also with the neverender tour, people are more hyped about that album. Frankly I'm surprised NWFT got any votes, haha. It's certainly not a bad album, just not as popular/good as the others.

#26 Derekô

Derekô
  • 86 posts

Posted April 8, 2017 - 05:47 PM

GA1 is the no-brainer choice. I remember rallying for tracks off of it back when RB1 was released, on the actual Harmonix forums. We eventually got a cover of Ten Speed... which is like a consolation prize, I guess? A serious shame that there was never anything beyond that. I've always daydreamed about playing The Willing Well in its 4-part entirety in RB, someday.

SSTB is in the database but I think it may be guitar-only, there's no OD, and the charts aren't that great. Time Consumer, especially, lets you listen to all the cool guitar track but sort of just keep rhythm. I ended up scrapping it all, but I'd enthusiastically redownload it down the road if it were charted with love and care.

OM2uucL.png

#27 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 8, 2017 - 08:38 PM

GA1 is the no-brainer choice. I remember rallying for tracks off of it back when RB1 was released, on the actual Harmonix forums. We eventually got a cover of Ten Speed... which is like a consolation prize, I guess? A serious shame that there was never anything beyond that. I've always daydreamed about playing The Willing Well in its 4-part entirety in RB, someday.

SSTB is in the database but I think it may be guitar-only, there's no OD, and the charts aren't that great. Time Consumer, especially, lets you listen to all the cool guitar track but sort of just keep rhythm. I ended up scrapping it all, but I'd enthusiastically redownload it down the road if it were charted with love and care.

I also look forward to charting and playing the Willing Well series.

I agree, the charts on the database aren't fantastic. Well, the charts themselves aren't awful, but the tempo maps are largely inaccurate. Most likely after GA1 I'll give them the full band treatment :)

#28 Derekô

Derekô
  • 86 posts

Posted April 8, 2017 - 08:44 PM

I also look forward to charting and playing the Willing Well series.

I agree, the charts on the database aren't fantastic. Well, the charts themselves aren't awful, but the tempo maps are largely inaccurate. Most likely after GA1 I'll give them the full band treatment :)

Great stuff. I wish you the best with the Good Apollo charting, and hope that you don't burn yourself out after hammering out IKS. You uploaded all those tracks right before I left for a trip out of town that'll keep me busy up through Sunday evening, but you better believe that playing through them will be the first thing I do once I get home and settled in.

OM2uucL.png

#29 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 8, 2017 - 09:05 PM

Great stuff. I wish you the best with the Good Apollo charting, and hope that you don't burn yourself out after hammering out IKS.

I'll probably take a break before starting GA1, chart some other non-coheed stuff.

#30 Derekô

Derekô
  • 86 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 06:27 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say that IKS continues to deliver.  I'm getting extra mileage out of them with the additional guitar on the keys.  These would be absolutely perfect for online play, with my friends who also enjoy guitar and would prefer to play it over bass.  Good stuff for sure.

Can't wait to see GA charted, whenever it is.  I've been revisiting it a good bit these last few weeks in anticipation for tomorrow night's show.  Do you plan on doing an original version of Ten Speed or is that not allowed since Harmonix released the cover as DLC back in the day?  Would love to have a proper copy and delete that "As Made Famous..." version, if I could.

OM2uucL.png

#31 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 10:45 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say that IKS continues to deliver.  I'm getting extra mileage out of them with the additional guitar on the keys.  These would be absolutely perfect for online play, with my friends who also enjoy guitar and would prefer to play it over bass.  Good stuff for sure.

Can't wait to see GA charted, whenever it is.  I've been revisiting it a good bit these last few weeks in anticipation for tomorrow night's show.  Do you plan on doing an original version of Ten Speed or is that not allowed since Harmonix released the cover as DLC back in the day?  Would love to have a proper copy and delete that "As Made Famous..." version, if I could.

I'm glad you're enjoying IKS, and yes I will do an original version :)

#32 Reflexx

Reflexx
  • 12 posts

Posted April 19, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Just wanted to express my thanks for your hard work on IKS! IMHO, they're severely under represented in the library of customs considering just how many songs they have to add for all instruments, and we could always use more of them. You did a great job, and if your future releases are anything like that, I have a lot to look forward to. Thanks again! =)

#33 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted April 19, 2017 - 07:19 PM

Just wanted to express my thanks for your hard work on IKS! IMHO, they're severely under represented in the library of customs considering just how many songs they have to add for all instruments, and we could always use more of them. You did a great job, and if your future releases are anything like that, I have a lot to look forward to. Thanks again! =)

Thanks for your kind words, I'm really glad you enjoy! :)

#34 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted May 9, 2017 - 09:37 PM

Bumping for Ten Speed release!

#35 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 133 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 02:32 PM

Awesome! One less cover in my library ;)

#36 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted May 13, 2017 - 07:48 PM

Bumping for my cover of the Tetris theme! check out the database!

#37 Nettacki

Nettacki
  • 52 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:32 AM

Out of the customs I've gotten from you, I think the only one I've played was The Light and the Glass. But while Guitar is mostly fine, Bass and Drums need some work. There's several missing notes in the Drum chart, and I'm not just talking about ghost notes, but also actual honest to goodness snare notes that you missed in the choruses. There's also some missing/mischarted bass parts that are clearly audible yet have me playing something else.

If it's possible for you to improve on this chart, that'd be great. As is, it's a half-decent chart that is decidedly unpolished overall.

#38 beard216

beard216
  • 1,872 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 09:38 AM

BTW, ermmergerd, NEVERENDER WAS AMAZING!!! :D js

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#39 Reverendjs

Reverendjs
  • 18 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the hard work man! I saw your post about the Writing Writer drum fill; if you need any more help with drum charts, I'd be willing to lend a hand! I think I'm gonna start charting drums for the numerous guitar only tracks in the database. Coheed is easily my favorite band, so I'll be glad to help. Keep up the good work!

Also, what's the status on GA1? Super hyped to play that album.

#40 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 137 posts

Posted May 30, 2017 - 11:57 PM

Out of the customs I've gotten from you, I think the only one I've played was The Light and the Glass. But while Guitar is mostly fine, Bass and Drums need some work. There's several missing notes in the Drum chart, and I'm not just talking about ghost notes, but also actual honest to goodness snare notes that you missed in the choruses. There's also some missing/mischarted bass parts that are clearly audible yet have me playing something else.

If it's possible for you to improve on this chart, that'd be great. As is, it's a half-decent chart that is decidedly unpolished overall.

I appreciate the feedback. I try to look over all of my charts before I release, but I am only human and I miss things. Also, being the last song on the album, I was probably impatient and wanting to release the album as soon as I could. I'll look over it again and try and fix everything.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users