My Feelings About RB4

RB4 Rock Band Opinion Rant

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,026 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:33 PM

Honestly, on it's own, it''s really exciting. Because I know they will keep updating it and personally think as far as a standalone RB goes it'll easily be the best a RB game has ever been. It isn't right now, but thats not the point. Got buttloads of potential which it will in time fulfill, so that's fine.

You claim it can be the best game but you forget that Harmonix made it very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very clear there won't be any more keyboard ever.
Steam: Bansheeflyer PSN: Bansheeflya Xbox LIVE: Banshee Flyer
My Customs
My Works in Progress

#22 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 496 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:53 PM

You claim it can be the best game but you forget that Harmonix made it very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very clear there won't be any more keyboard ever.

Pro-Keys is my favorite instrument.

#23 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,942 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:06 PM

I'm gonna get this out of the way: keys were a poor attempt, IMO. Keys can be awesome but in RB3 they were either boring or impossible (as in, a 5 lane simplified version of guitar or the real thing). Rock Band needs keys, but IMO not like this, at least not for the non-pro version.

#24 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,026 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:45 PM

I know, that point has been made clear to me many a time. But I can still be bitter about it, dammit!
My Customs
My Works in Progress

#25 nineteenforever

nineteenforever
  • 175 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hahaha, I personally haven't yet even played pro keys, I will probably be madder when I do though, because I'm looking forward to getting the adapter for them and playing, pro keys is really cool.

But I actually get their point of omitting them from RB4 (not "rocky" enough or something), but I'm not sure it was the right move, or I think they should now steer away from keys heavy DLC, for fear of rubbing it in.

#26 Storm360

Storm360
  • 297 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:31 PM

Honestly, I respect pro players, but eh, pro mode (outside of drums/vocals) doesn't really match up with the way I play rock band (mostly party enviroments) where we tend to jump from song to song, and the format doesn't work the best for sightreading, for pro guitar/bass stuff I tend to prefer Rocksmith and never really had much of a interest in keys, I understand there are some people there who loved pro mode, but eh, for me nothing lost.

#27 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,026 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 07:21 PM

But I actually get their point of omitting them from RB4 (not "rocky" enough or something), but I'm not sure it was the right move, or I think they should now steer away from keys heavy DLC, for fear of rubbing it in.

Considering they released "Jane" and "Africa" I'd say it's too late for that.

...for pro guitar/bass stuff I tend to prefer Rocksmith...

As I recall Harmonix made that exact point when they announced pro instruments wouldn't return.

Yeah, keys are gone for good reason. Alex Lifeson once pointed out that it was hard to write guitar parts for 80s synth-heavy Rush because guitar and keys share the same style and range in the sense where you can either have one or the other be prominent, not both. As Farottone said, it was either fun on keys or fun on everything else...mostly.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#28 nineteenforever

nineteenforever
  • 175 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 09:03 PM

Considering they released "Jane" and "Africa" I'd say it's too late for that.

As I recall Harmonix made that exact point when they announced pro instruments wouldn't return.

Yeah, keys are gone for good reason. Alex Lifeson once pointed out that it was hard to write guitar parts for 80s synth-heavy Rush because guitar and keys share the same style and range in the sense where you can either have one or the other be prominent, not both. As Farottone said, it was either fun on keys or fun on everything else...mostly.

I never thought about that but now you mention it I can recall times where the keys have greatly outshone the guitar in a song, and vice versa.

I wonder if HMX actually frequent this site, I know the DLC released has been pretty popular songs but I could swear they seem.... "inspired" choices, and nothing like the DLC they used to release. 

I wonder if they noticed how popular modern pop music choices have been for customs and figured they'd adjust their DLC releases accordingly  :tinfoil:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RB4, Rock, Band, Opinion, Rant

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users