"Weird Al" Rock Band! A "Weird Al" Greatest Hits Project (September 30 - Quick Update!)

weird al weird al yankovic greatest hits

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 774 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:44 PM

pWiXRwg.jpg

July 23rd 2016 - "Weird Al" Rock Band Part 1

July 30th 2016 - "Weird Al" Rock Band Part 2

August 10 - "Weird Al" Rock Band Part 2.5?

August 17 - "Weird Al" Rock Band Part 3

August 28 - "Weird Al" Rock Band Part 4

"Weird Al Yankovic - "Wanna B Ur Lovr"

wxvyIpc.jpg

Fun Fact: Al says this is one of his favourites to play live because the reaction from the crowd is different every time and he has so much fun seeing what the crowd will do every time he plays it.

The Hint: The hint was referring to the lyrics “Girl, you must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy”. 

"Weird Al" Yankovic - "NOW That's What I Call Polka!

5Etslx1.jpg

Fun Fact: This is “Weird Al”’s 11th polka medley. The title is a parody of the “Now That’s What I Call Music!” compilation albums.

The Hint: The hint was referring to Al previously parodying “Achy Breaky Heart” by Billy Ray Cyrus with “Achy Breaky Song”, and “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus with “Party in the CIA”. This polka includes “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus. Hence, why this version sounds a little wackier :P.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - "Couch Potato"

7UccVLM.jpg

Fun Fact: This was going to be the lead single off of Poodle Hat, but Eminem didn’t want that because he was concerned it would hurt his career, you know what I’m sayin’? AS IF being a “Hardcore Alf fan” doesn’t hurt your career already! :P

The Hint: The hint was referring to the Al TV interview with Eminem where he kept saying “You know what I’m sayin”? And Al kept screaming at him to shut up.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - "You Don't Love Me Anymore"

1pec1j1.jpg

Fun Fact: This track has a hidden track at the end of it called “Bite Me”. Which then makes this track 14:07 according to Wikipedia! The music video is a parody of “More Than Words” by Extreme.

The Hint: The hint was referring to the lyrics “You know, I even think it's kinda cute the way

You poison my coffee just a little each day” This might be why Bret Michaels of Poison might enjoy this song over a hot beverage! :D

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,396 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:47 PM

This looks amazing!

#3 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 836 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 05:09 PM

So looking forward to this!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

#4 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 548 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 06:36 PM

Thumbs up to this!

#5 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 638 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 08:17 PM

I've had Lame Claim To Fame in the works since I started to chart, if I can help on this one and a few others such as Genius in France , I'd be pleased!

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#6 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 08:44 PM

I will do drums for genius in France

#7 drummerockband

drummerockband

• 774 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 08:54 PM

I've had Lame Claim To Fame in the works since I started to chart, if I can help on this one and a few others such as Genius in France , I'd be pleased!

I will do drums for genius in France

I will probably take a look at Lame Claim to Fame seeing as I was eyeballing that one. Can you maybe PM me the RPP so that I can take a look? Thanks! Looks like we might have a solid collab going for Genius in France! When I get to the Poodle Hat stuff I'll ding you guys again!

#8 Epietro

Epietro
  • 174 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 12:14 AM

Very exciting, really looking forward to it, especially the polkas!

#9 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,573 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 12:59 AM

I too am very excited for this.  Hope to see many songs from his 80's and 90's albums.

#10 JCLexicon

JCLexicon
  • 40 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 01:29 AM

I am SO looking forward to jamming out a bunch of these!

Skipper Dan, Weasel Stomping Day, I Love Rocky Road, the list goes on :P

#11 phanff

phanff
  • 11 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 03:53 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?? When I first heard about C3, I was super excited. And then the Weird Al Pack suddenly appeared that Friday. And I lost it.... I REALLY LOST IT!!! WOOO WOOOO! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! So super excited right now!! I can't believe this is going to be a thing!!!! WOOOO!!!! (by the way, a big Weird Al fan here, in case you haven't noticed....) I even did a video recently about how crappy his unauthorized biography was!!! SWEEEET!! YOU MADE MY WEEK!!!

#12 corporalgregg

corporalgregg
  • 147 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 04:24 AM

Cool, really hoping someone finally agrees with me that When I Was Your Age would be a really fantastic Rock Band song.

#13 drummerockband

drummerockband

• 774 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Glad to see people are excited! Please keep in mind that I am only one person, so obviously I cannot do the entire discography, that's why it's the "Greatest Hits" project ;). With that said, the first release is looking great and I hope to have it out as soon as possible!

#14 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted July 20, 2016 - 06:09 PM

Great project.

Like I've mentioned here before, "Weird Al In 3-D" was the first music (back then...it was a cassette) that I ever purchased with my own money.  I was 7 or 8 years old.  He's an American icon, as far as I'm concerned.

After AJFOne23 gifted us with "Nature Trail to Hell"...it's all gravy to me.

If cornered, I guess I'd have to root for "I Lost on Jeopardy" to make the cut for this project.

#15 drummerockband

drummerockband

• 774 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 07:31 PM

If cornered, I guess I'd have to root for "I Lost on Jeopardy" to make the cut for this project.

It's on the to-do list ;)

#16 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Great project.

Like I've mentioned here before, "Weird Al In 3-D" was the first music (back then...it was a cassette) that I ever purchased with my own money.  I was 7 or 8 years old.  He's an American icon, as far as I'm concerned.

After AJFOne23 gifted us with "Nature Trail to Hell"...it's all gravy to me.

Thanks for the love. This was a joy to work on.

#17 Mandrag

Mandrag
  • 185 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 08:46 PM

This project is so awesome that I will probably think about it every day before I go to sleep. And then again when I wake up.

#18 drummerockband

drummerockband

• 774 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:55 PM

First pack should be released this weekend! It's getting done quicker than I thought so keep an eye out for it in the next couple of days! Prepare your kazoos and your armpits for doing armpit farts! ;)

#19 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:57 PM

First pack should be released this weekend! It's getting done quicker than I thought so keep an eye out for it in the next couple of days! Prepare your kazoos and your armpits for doing armpit farts! ;)

Forget the "working for a living".  Forget the taxes.  Forget the imminently approaching death.

I've found that the worst part of growing up was that I somehow along the way lost the ability to make armpit farts.

#20 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 548 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 07:21 PM

Forget the "working for a living".  Forget the taxes.  Forget the imminently approaching death.

I've found that the worst part of growing up was that I somehow along the way lost the ability to make armpit farts.

Put some lotion on your armpits. Works for me every time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weird al, weird al yankovic, greatest hits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users