Does anyone else feel like the overall quality of DLC for RB4 has declined?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Trouble

Trouble
  • 34 posts

Posted July 29, 2016 - 09:22 AM

Not the quality of content.  I actually feel they have been releasing some killer DLC lately.  The problem I have is charting for most songs seems very subpar compared to RB1-RB3 standards.  The last I heard was they were outsourcing DLC, which I wouldn't have a problem with if they would just follow the standards HMX has set from previous games.

Secondly, it has been coming more common for them to use DIY stems.  The reason I was happy RB4 was coming back was to get multitrack DLC back.  I enjoy customs, but multitrack just adds an extra layer of realism that mp3 customs lack.  Even with multitracks, the DLC sounds just like the original MP3 with no modifications to make it better in game. 

If I knew HMX would not be able to meet their own previous set standards, I would of just stuck with RB3.  I probably should of known something was up when all the faces of the company that we had known "left".  

Question for the OP.... I bold/underlined the bit that I have a question about.... What does that mean, "outsourcing DLC"? I'm a total noob when it comes to making DLC, the whole charting of songs and...just in general, turning songs into playable things in RB... lol. So forgive me if my question seems silly, or if the answer is obvious to almost everyone else, but I truly have no idea what that even means, 'outsourcing DLC'.

When I think of outsourcing... I think of those customer service employees for companies/businesses that you'd think would have English-speaking people on the other end of the call (or have their customer service employees working here in the U.S, where possibly the rest of their business/company is run at? Or in general, in a country where English is the first language, if the general clientele of the business speaks English as their first language), but it's people who can barely speak or read English, and are only giving you answers and responses that are from the script they have in front of them. Lolol.

Was streaming on beam.pro prior to it turning into "mixer".... may or may not pick the streaming stuff back up again, we'll see. Need to get my RB guitar fixed up first (my wooden stratocaster replica :( sad to say it's taken a beating and needs some repairs) then I'll think about getting back into streaming. Makes me sad that I can't play at my best right now without my awesome guitar (seriously....no other RB or GH guitar plays as well as this beauty does....)

Artists I'd love to see customs for (and hope to maybe author myself someday, if/when I'm finally able to do so!): Wheatus, Lily Allen, The Script, The Lonely Island, Bloodhound Gang, Blue October, Flaw, Cold, Hurt, Switchfoot, Thornley, 12 Stones, Bif Naked, Jon Lajoie, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Sevendust, Skillet, Stephen Lynch, Theory of a Deadman, Aqua....and a lot of others! :)

"I still believe that everyone, can find a song for every time they've lost, and every time they've won. So just remember folks, we're not just saving lives, we're saving souls, and we're having fun!" - I Still Believe by Frank Turner <3 :rock:

#22 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,078 posts

Posted July 29, 2016 - 09:46 AM

Outsourcing means assigning work to an external contractor, that's it. It can be having a company in India do your customer care, it can be having a company one floor down from yours doing your quality assurance.

#23 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted July 29, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Once upon a time I was able to confuse people by saying with a smile that my job was outsourced.  I was part of the company handling the outsourced work, and we were maybe a half-hour's drive from the parent company.

#24 BigBananaDealer

BigBananaDealer
  • 52 posts

Posted August 5, 2016 - 01:10 AM

I heard that they brought in some of the better RBN guys to help make DLC and that's why it's so different charting. It does piss me off though because Rebellion is obviously undercharted and I didn't buy that song because of that.

#25 Infra-Man

Infra-Man
  • 51 posts

Posted September 3, 2016 - 12:57 AM

Hell yes! 110% and I have gave up the want for RB4. That's why I'm happy for C3 customs! Long live RB3 and C3 Customs :rock: !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users