NSW1-6's WIP/Progress Thread

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:49 PM

Hello, nsw1-6 here!

I finally decided to lay out a WIP thread to keep my progress details separate, and not clutter my main thread. It seems to be the norm, so why not! Most information here will regard tempo mapping, fretting, and individual instrument progress. My work is currently done using Edits On Fire, but I'm beginning to move to Reaper to finalize charts. In the meantime, I'm getting assistance from other members here to prepare customs for RB3.

PLEASE notify me of anything that has been done already in FULL BAND. All my charts will be base Guitar/Bass/ProDrums/Vox, depending on instrument availability. ProKeys and Harmonies will be added if doable. ProGuitar/ProBass are done in rare circumstances. These are authored EoF first, and then they will be prepared for RB3/C3 conversion.

You can also tell me to pick up the pace on something as well. Demand must be met with supply!

Key:

Nothing - Announced on a pack list, but have not started anything with it yet, talk to me if you want to do it or are already working on it and I'll concede.

Syncing - Currently in the process of tempo mapping this chart

Synced - I've tempo-mapped this song and started to work on instruments, (Rough) qualifier means a rough job has been done and still need to finish it.

At Conversion Stage - Pretty obvious here. All the instruments I intended on doing are done, but the ETA (estimate time of arrival) depends on if I handed it off to someone or am doing it myself.

FIXING - Chart previously released by me, but being fixed at the moment (most likely this means I'm fixing the tempo-map). Also used if I'm upgrading a chart that I know needs fixing.

To be upgraded / Upgrading - A chart of this song previous exists, either here or on the FoF Forums and I am going to do or currently doing tempo map fixes or adding instruments.

(Laid out) - IDEAS ONLY: Means that I have songs listed that I'm interested in doing for a pack, but haven't started or willing to announce yet

Anything else - details that can't be explained in the above, or I haven't standardized it yet

G - Guitar

B - Bass

V - Vocals

PD - ProDrums

PG - ProGuitar

PB - ProBass

PK - ProKeys

Partial Collab - I am working with some one, (un)specified, where they will be doing chart checking, adding venues, helping with conversion, all the little, or in some cases adding ProKeys.

Collab - I am working with one or more people on something, and they will be contributing instruments

Current Focus:

This be the artists I am currently focusing on. Their stuff is more likely to be released first, but I may work on other things in the background. Should be updated every month or two.

Requests, Frank Zappa, Iron Maiden, DragonForce, Coldplay, Journey/Styx, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Leftover Packs, Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra

Artists/Rounds:

Kansas

Round 1 (Partial collab):
Journey From Mariabronn - Synced, G/B/PD/V
Down The Road - FIXED, G/B/PD/V
Song For America - Synced, B/PD/V
Miracles Out Of Nowhere - Synced, B/PD/V
Magnum Opus - FIXED, B/PD/V
Portrait (He Knew) - Synced, B/PD/V
No One Together - At Conversion Stage
Musicatto - At Conversion Stage

Round 2: 
Cheyenne Anthem - Synced (Rough)
Opus Insert - Synced (Rough)
What's On My Mind - Synced (Rough)
Hold On - Synced (Rough)
The Pinnacle - Synced (Rough)
More to come...

Frank Zappa
See this thread for everything.

YES
(Partial collab on a few songs)
Looking Around - Synced, V
No Opportunity Necessary...  - Synced, PD
America  - Synced
Sound Chaser - Synced (Finalizing)
Going For The One - Synced, B/PD/V
Turn Of The Century - Synced, PD/V
Parallels  - Synced, PD/V (my previous chart, previous custom by AJFOne)
Wondrous Stories  - Synced, B/V
Awaken - To be upgraded (upgrade of Meader/Sideshow custom), V/PD
Release, Release  - FIXED (previous custom by AJFOne), PD
Does It Really Happen?  - FIXED (previous custom by Oscarj), PD
Into The Lens  - Synced
Tempus Fugit - FIXED (Italianstalion's FoF chart), PD
Themes  - Synced (Rough)
Life Me Up  - FIXED (my previous chart, previous custom by Oscarj), PD/V
Silent Talking  - Synced, PD/V
The Calling  - Synced,

Requests (Songs requested in the request section) (expected to be done April-May)
The Who - Love Reign O'er Me, Synced, B/V
Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams, Synced, V/PD
Uriah Heep - Easy Livin', Synced (Rough)
FM - Phasors On Stun, Synced, B/V/PD (Drums collab with theway123 / MrBurpler)
Pearl Jam - Given To Fly, Synced (Rough)
U2 - The Fly (Redo of my OLD OLD chart) - Resynced (Rough) G/B/D (but they all need fixing)
Phish - Free, Fee (Was requested to do Phish from Billy Breathes and Junta), Synced (Rough)

DragonForce Upgrades of Puppetz' charts plus a few new (Partial Collab)
Round 1: Selections from Sonic Firestorm (5 songs, all fully synced, three have guitar, one will be ProDrums/ Vocals/Harms for PhaseShift only) (Possible April release)
Soon after: Ultrasonic Beatdown (~7-8 songs) and more from Inhuman Rampage (Likely the rest of the album FB)

Gentle Giant
Featuring songs from In A Glass House and The Power And The Glory
Pack 1 (The Power In The Glass House) (Possible April release for half of the pack):
Proclamation  - Synced, V
Playing The Game  - Synced, B/PD/V
Experience  - Synced
In A Glass House  - Synced

Iron Maiden Some songs originally intended for FoF Forum's Drum Project 7, upgrades of a few Puppetz songs and my own previous ones. Mainly collaborations with Sideshow. A number of these will have ProG/ProB where applicable.
Sun And Steel - G/B/PD/PB/V
Prodigal Son - FIXING, PD
The Prophecy - FIXING, PD/V
Sea Of Madness - PD/V
Heaven Can Wait (upgrade of Puppetz chart) - G/PD
Stranger In A Strange Land - Redoing tempo map
To Tame A Land (Upgrade of Puppetz chart) - G/D
Only The Good Die Young - PD/V
And more...

Coldplay Twofers Two Song Packs, some upgrades from my old charts. Partial collab with Fat Ha1p3rt.
#1  - Spies - Synced, G/B/PD/V
        Trouble - Synced, PD

#2  - Politik - Synced (Rough) (originally OLD chart from 2009)
        Talk - Synced (Rough) (redo of my OLD chart that's been floating around, from early 2010)

#3  - Glass Of Water *new* - nothing / Charlie Brown - Synced (Rough)
#4  - Lost! / Lovers In Japan (two songs fixed a few years ago, all they need is a check-over, vocals, and keys)
#5 -  White Shadows (upgrade/redo) / The Hardest Part (upgrade/redo)

GENESIS Approx. 20+ songs spanning their career to be released occasionally in spurts following the 2nd anniversary of Chronicles.
Includes most of Trespass, a number of extended tracks, and some B-Sides; filling in a lot of the gaps.
Solo songs by Peter Gabriel (early stuff) and Steve Hackett (early stuff) in the works as well
A few of these songs have finished tempo maps dating to late 2015 or earlier, may not be my best work. 

Get 'Em Out By Friday - Synced, PD/V (Partial Collab)
Burning Rope - Synced (Collab)
The Lady Lies - Synced (Partial Collab)
Los Endos - Synced
Dusk - Synced
Congo - Synced, PD
Duke's Travels / Duke's End - Synced (Rough)
Inside And Out - Synced (Rough)
More to come...

Steve Hackett - Every Day (collaboration with Dash), B/PD/V/Keys
Steve Hackett - Ace Of Wands, Synced (Rough)
Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings, Synced (Rough)
Peter Gabriel - D.I.Y., Synced (Rough)
Peter Gabriel - Intruder, Synced (Rough)

Mahavishnu Orchestra (songs from Inner Mounting FlameBirds Of Fire, edited versions of Apocalypse)
Meeting Of The Spirits, Vital Transformation, The Noonward Race, Smile Of The Beyond, Wings Of Karma, Birds Of Fire, Miles Beyond, Hope, Resolution, and more...
(Currently rough syncing for all songs, ones listed have rough sync)

Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium Leftover 3-pack (Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, She's Only 18, all synced)

Styx (Retrospective of '72-'83, main focus on Styx II up to Pieces Of Eight, 30+ songs in mind) (A few songs rough tempo mapped, some song will be a collab)

Judas Priest Leftover 3-pack (Exciter, Running Wild, Sinner; all already synced)

Journey (Jems, various lesser tracks from InfinityEvolutionDepartureEscape, and Frontiers) (Currently 6 songs very rough synced) (Partial collab)

Not Actively Working On (Stuff I have begun significant work on but not a major focus right now, you can push me if you'd like. More interest causes a bigger drive to work.)

Planet Gong (Daevid Allen's Gong, related to Radio Gnome and the Planet Gong mythos)
Songs currently from: Camembert ElectriqueFlying Teapot, Angel's Egg, You (Others planned for the future, not now)
(Current total of 22 songs, all rough mapped) 

King Crimson Discipline Album
(Was originally a leftover pack, but now will be combined with upgraded full-band oscar/Sideshow charts to finish up album. Audio will be sourced from the 2011 remix done with Steve Wilson)
Elephant Talk - Synced
Frame By Frame - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)
Matte Kudasai - Synced, B/PD
Indiscipline - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)
Thela Hun Ginjeet - Synced (Rough)
The Sheltering Sky - Synced (Rough)
Discipline - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)

FM's Black Noise
The entire 1977/78 album by Canadian prog group, in tribute to frontman Nash The Slash
(Originally intended for FoF Forum's Drum Project 7, all syncing done in early 2015, may need fixing)
One O'Clock Tomorrow  - Synced (Updated), B/PD/V
Hours - Synced
Journey - Synced (Updating)
Dialing For Dharma - Synced
Slaughter In The Robot House - Synced
Aldebaran - Synced
Black Noise - Synced

Spock's Beard Drum Project Upgrades and new tracks, covering first three albums:
The Light - Upgrading/Fixing, PD
Go The Way You Go - Synced (Rough)
The Water - Synced (Rough)
On The Edge - FIXED, PD
Thoughts - Synced (Rough)
The Doorway - Synced (Rough)
Walking On The Wind - Upgrading/Fixing, PD
Waste Away - Syncing
Time Has Come - Syncing
A few more planned, probably all of The Kindness Of Strangers

Jethro Tull
Minstrel In the Gallery - To be upgraded, PD
Nothing Is Easy - To be upgraded, PD
Songs From The Wood - To be upgraded, PD
Passion Play Part II - Replacing audio with Steve Wilson mix, to be playable as whole and divided into four sections
Quizz Kid - Synced (Rough)
The Chequered Flag - Synced (Rough)
Taxi Grab - Syncing

Heavy Horses Animal Theme Pack
   Heavy Horses - Synced (Rough)
   Moths - Synced (Rough)
   One Brown Mouse - Synced (Rough)
   ...And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps - Synced (Rough)

Fall Out Boy (~7 songs from Folie a Deux, very OLD idea from 2009) (6 rough synced)

R.E.M. (6 song pack from Reckoning to Out Of Time, plus some additional tracks from Fables Of The Reconstruction to Monster)

Other Songs (Minimal work started):
These are songs I have barely worked on yet. Upgrades implies that I have some pieces of the song finished, but they need to be fixed and more instruments added.

These mostly still exist as ideas, except for upgrades, which mine previously existed as Prodrum charts from FoF. Let me know if you are already working on something and I will gladly step back and remove stuff. I'll be on the look out as well.

The Moody Blues Songs from their classic albums (currently planned 6-pack, a few songs already tempo mapped)
First pack to also represent their albums from 68-71
Talking Heads (Tracks from Fear Of Music, Remain In Light, Speaking In Tongues, and True Stories)
Phish More tracks from Junta and Billy Breathes (Requested)
Journey (More tracks from '77-'83)
U2 (Tracks from Achtung Baby and The Unforgettable Fire)
Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium Leftover pack (OLD IDEA from 2009, ~10+ songs planned)
King Crimson Full Band Upgrades/Fixes of songs released by Oscarj08/Sideshow and myself, some new ones
Jazz/Fusion (Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Dave Brubeck, CHASE, Jean-Luc Ponty, Return To Forever, and others)
Eloy (Drum Project upgrades, tracks from 73-79, including all of Ocean)
The Who Quadrophenia Pack (A handful of songs from The Who's Quadrophenia, idea from Autumn 2014) (Laid out)
Marillion (Fish-era) Drum Project Upgrades, a bunch of new tracks (Laid out?, have not listened to Fugazi yet)
Ian Dury (~9-song pack featuring songs from Do It Yourself and Lord Upminster, idea from late 2015) (Laid out)
Emerson Lake And Palmer Drum Project Upgrades, A Few new tracks
Leftovers
A few Elbow tracks (Neat Little Rows, Forget Myself, maybe some more)
Full-band upgrades/fixes of old Led Zeppelin charts that haven't been converted yet, new tracks as well.
Some misc. tracks lying around, from over the years

Ideas floating around:
Things I'm thinking of doing in the future (at least a year or two after what I'm currently doing), which you can certainly request for me to do sooner. In no particular order.

Anderson/Stolt (Music from the new album, seems cool)
Uriah Heep (David Byron-era)
Parliament (Mothership Connection and Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome, they're the only albums I have currently)
Magma (unsure about this one, still listening to their body of work)
Renaissance (Music from 72-78, most important period)
IOSYS (Touhou arrange group, familiar with their stuff up to 2015; plan on some of their rock-oriented songs, especially the denpa ones)
Todd Rundgren's Utopia (First album; songs from Another Live, RA, and Oops Wrong Planet)
U2 (Packs for songs from Boy, October, WarZooropa, and misc. tracks)
Peter Gabriel (Early Years, Songs from first four albums)
Moody Blues (Tracks from 1967-1972)

Edited by nsw1-6, March 23, 2017 - 08:52 PM.

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/FoFiX)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

GONG IS ONE AND ONE IS YOU UND DU BIST MEIN SOFA

#2 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,080 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:54 PM

I'm also working on a few Elbow tracks, namely "Grounds For Divorce," "One Day Like This," and "Open Arms." I have all three tempo mapped. Would any of those be any you're working on?

#3 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:58 PM

I'm also working on a few Elbow tracks, namely "Grounds For Divorce," "One Day Like This," and "Open Arms." I have all three tempo mapped. Would any of those be any you're working on?

I did want to do Grounds for Divorce like back in 2010, but it doesn't interest me anymore.

I'm actually working on Neat Little Rows (which I tempo mapped back in 2013 but never finished) and Forget Myself.

Thanks for letting me know.

#4 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,080 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:00 AM

Ah okay, good to know! And it's no problem, just wanted to make sure what the songs were so I didn't feel the need to author anything you're already doing, is all.

#5 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:02 AM

The Leftovers packs are on the back-burner right now, some may get pulled out, some may not.

#6 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 470 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:04 AM

I would love to have some Moody Blues.

#7 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:08 AM

I would love to have some Moody Blues.

I have a megapack idea somewhere in my progress spreadsheet, but I would like to hear song ideas you have.

I'm familiar with anything from Days Of Future Passed to Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, and maybe some of those 80's tracks (Long Distance Voyager?)

I actually have Lovely To See You already done on ProDrums, but could easily make it full band.

#8 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 470 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:13 AM

I have a megapack idea somewhere in my progress spreadsheet, but I would like to hear song ideas you have.

I'm familiar with anything from Days Of Future Passed to Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, and maybe some of those 80's tracks (Long Distance Voyager?)

I actually have Lovely To See You already done on ProDrums, but could easily make it full band.

One 80s song i like is In Your Wildest Dreams. I've been thinking about doing a pre-1967 song (the most popular pre-1967 track).

#9 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:15 AM

One 80s song i like is In Your Wildest Dreams. I've been thinking about doing a pre-1967 song (the most popular pre-1967 track).

I may have heard that one before, will check it out. And it would be cool to do a song from the Magnificent Moodies, I have yet to hear that album though.

#10 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 470 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:19 AM

I may have heard that one before, will check it out. And it would be cool to do a song from the Magnificent Moodies, I have yet to hear that album though.

I know that my dad would like In Your Wildest Dreams, it was one of his favorite songs growing up.

#11 Louey7

Louey7
  • 30 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:36 AM

Regarding KANSAS pack Round 2, I would definitely like to see it! The songs in pack 1 look great already, too

#12 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 02:06 AM

Regarding KANSAS pack Round 2, I would definitely like to see it! The songs in pack 1 look great already, too

I already have a list of ideas for the second round. It would include more later tracks (esp. Monolith, which I need to listen to still) and some ones that would complete more of their earlier discography. I probably would want to finish up Leftoverture as well.

#13 TheWay123

TheWay123
  • 56 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 03:57 AM

Wanna collab on Phasors On Stun? My friend requested it from me, and I saw you were working on it.

I chart drums, just send me the WIP chart and I'll start working on the song.

rsz_sig.jpg

#14 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 03:44 PM

Updates to WIP:

All bass parts for Kansas pack finished, some guitar still needs to be done and finalizing vocals.

Some parts of WIP thread changed with new information.

#15 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 06:54 PM

Rearranged some stuff around in the main post, some more qualifiers added for song information. Maybe I cleaned it up a bit?

New Announced Pack:

King Crimson Discipline Leftover Pack - Elephant Talk, Matte Kudasai, Thela Hun Ginjeet

Pack idea/work began Autumn 2014, after the announcement of the Genesis Chronicles carved a massive chunk out of my plans, and thus I planned on doing the whole album Discipline. No tracks were previously started yet, but Elephant Talk and Matte Kudasai were tempo-mapped within a few days. The fully-charted release of Indiscipline, along with some later customs of Frame By Frame and Discipline (which I still want to full-band properly at some point) caused some reluctance towards the album idea. This is what's left of it, and it could be out soon (within next 2~3 months).

Edited by nsw1-6, July 31, 2016 - 06:57 PM.

#16 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock
  • 469 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:07 PM

ELEPHANT TALK!!!   B)

I've been SO wanting to do this, but the King scares the emoji out of me.  :wacko:

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#17 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,321 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:27 PM

Its very exciting what content we have to look forward to.  Me and Oscarj08 did a ton of King Crimson but most of them are drums only.

#18 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 119 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:34 PM

Its very exciting what content we have to look forward to.  Me and Oscarj08 did a ton of King Crimson but most of them are drums only.

I checked throughout the database today, and there are a few tracks that I would like to help upgrade at some point, esp. Lizard, Pictures Of A City and Starless.

#19 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,321 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:36 PM

I checked throughout the database today, and there are a few tracks that I would like to help upgrade at some point, esp. Lizard, Pictures Of A City and Starless.

Just tell me what specific songs you would like to upgrade and I'll send you my project files.  Will save you lots of time starting from scratch.

#20 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 294 posts

Posted August 7, 2016 - 09:33 PM

It would be awesome to have more Fall Out Boy and coldplay. Folie a Deux is one of my favorite albums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users