NSW1-6's WIP/Progress Thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:49 PM

NOTE: If there was a track or song listed here before that is gone, it's likely in the final custom stages (finishing touches) and is set for release soon.

Hello, nsw1-6 here! Around July 2016 I finally decided to lay out a WIP thread to keep my progress details separate, and not clutter my main thread. Most information here will regard tempo mapping, fretting, and individual instrument progress. My work is currently done using Edits On Fire, but I'm beginning to move to Reaper to finalize charts. In the meantime, I'm getting assistance from other members here to prepare customs for RB3.

PLEASE notify me of anything that has been done already in FULL BAND. All my charts will be base Guitar/Bass/ProDrums/Vox, depending on instrument availability. ProKeys and Harmonies will be added if doable. ProGuitar/ProBass are done in rare circumstances. These are authored EoF first, and then they will be prepared for RB3/C3 conversion.

You can also tell me to pick up the pace on something as well. Demand must be met with supply!

Key:
Nothing - Announced on a pack list, but have not started anything with it yet, talk to me if you want to do it or are already working on it and I'll concede.
Syncing - Currently in the process of tempo mapping this chart
Synced - I've tempo-mapped this song and started to work on instruments, (Rough) qualifier means a rough job has been done and still need to finish it.
At Conversion Stage - Pretty obvious here. All the instruments I intended on doing are done, but the ETA (estimate time of arrival) depends on if I handed it off to someone or am doing it myself.

FIXING - Chart previously released by me, but being fixed at the moment (most likely this means I'm fixing the tempo-map). Also used if I'm upgrading a chart that I know needs fixing.
To be upgraded / Upgrading - A chart of this song previous exists, either here or on the FoF Forums and I am going to do or currently doing tempo map fixes or adding instruments.

(Laid out) - IDEAS ONLY: Means that I have songs listed that I'm interested in doing for a pack, but haven't started or willing to announce yet

Anything else - details that can't be explained in the above, or I haven't standardized it yet

G - Guitar
B - Bass
V - Vocals
PD - ProDrums
PG - ProGuitar
PB - ProBass
PK - ProKeys
Partial Collab - I am working with someone, (un)specified, where they will be doing chart checking, adding venues, helping with conversion, all the little bits, or in some cases adding ProKeys.
Collab - I am working with one or more people on something, and they will be contributing instruments

Current Focus:
This be the artists I am currently focusing on. Their stuff is more likely to be released first, but I may work on other things in the background. Should be updated every month or two.

Requests/Singles, Frank Zappa, Iron Maiden, Journey, Genesis, Kansas, Planet Gong, FM, Yes, DragonForce, Coldplay

Artists/Rounds:

Kansas
Round 1 (Partial collab):
Song For America - Synced, B/PD/V
Miracles Out Of Nowhere - Synced, B/PD/V
Magnum Opus - FIXED, B/PD/V
Portrait (He Knew) - Synced, B/PD/V

In Conversion Bin:

Down the Road, Journey From Mariabronn, Musicatto, No One Together

Round 2: 
Cheyenne Anthem - Synced (Rough)
Opus Insert - Synced (Rough)
What's On My Mind - Synced (Rough)
Hold On - Synced (Rough)
The Pinnacle - Synced (Rough)

Freaks Of Nature - Synced (Rough)
More to come...

Frank Zappa
    Little Ditties Pack (Songs under 3 min. long, All tempo mapped)

Second Big Pack (Future announcement)

Other Stuff
Bobby Brown - Synced
Disco Boy - Synced (Rough)
Pygmy Twylyte (Live, 1974) - Synced, PD
San Ber'dino - Synced, PD/V
Zoot Allures - Synced, B

See this thread for more (Not updated often)

YES (Partial collab on a few songs)

Requests And Singles (Songs requested in request section and to me personally, along with other standalone tracks)

The Who - Love Reign O'er Me, Synced, G/B/V/PD
Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams, Synced, V/PD
Uriah Heep - Easy Livin', Synced
FM - Phasors On Stun, Synced, B/V/PD (Drums collab with theway123 / MrBurpler)
Pearl Jam - Given To Fly, Synced
U2 - The Fly (Redo OLD OLD chart), Resynced, G/B/D
Phish - Free, Synced
Rainbow - Stargazer, Synced (Rough)
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light, Synced

One song by Parliament, PD

Dream Theater - Raise The Knife (Demo), Synced (Rough)

DragonForce Upgrades of Puppetz' charts plus a few new (Partial Collab with Beard216)

Round 1: Selections from Sonic Firestorm (All tempo mapped, one extra will be ProDrums/ Vocals/Harms for PhaseShift only) (Likely Summer release)

Soldiers of the Wasteland - G/PD/V
Once In A Lifetime - G/PD/V
Above The Winter Moonlight - B/PD/V
My Spirit Will Go On - G/PD/V

Soon after: More from Inhuman Rampage (upgrades of Beards converts)

Ultrasonic Beatdown (~7-8 songs)

Gentle Giant
Featuring songs from In A Glass House and The Power And The Glory
Pack 1 (The Power In The Glass House) (Possible May/June release for half of the pack)

Proclamation  - Synced, V
Playing The Game  - Synced, B/PD/V
Experience  - Synced
In A Glass House  - Synced

Iron Maiden Some songs originally intended for FoF Forum's Drum Project 7, upgrades of Puppetz songs and my own previous ones. Collaborations with Sideshow. A number of these will have ProG/ProB time permitting.

The Prophecy - FIXED, PD/V
Sea Of Madness - PD/V
Heaven Can Wait (upgrade of Puppetz chart) - Fixing audio, G/PD
Stranger In A Strange Land - Redoing tempo map
Alexander The Great (upgrade of Puppetz chart) - Fixing audio, G
Only The Good Die Young - PD/V

And more...

Blue Oyster Cult Songs originally released for FoF, with most instruments already completed (though rather sloppily). Will add missing instruments and harmonies (Collab/Conversion)

Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll ("Original Version") - Synced, G/B/PD/V

Astronomy - Synced (Fixing Audio), G/B/PD/V

The Red And The Black - Synced, G/B/PD

E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) - Synced (may find new audio), G/B/PD/V

Veins - Synced, G/B/PD/V

(I noticed post facto that I picked one song each from their first four albums)

Coldplay Twofers Two Song Packs, some upgrades from my old charts. Partial collab with Fat Ha1p3rt.
#1  - Spies - Synced, G/B/PD/V (Checking over)
        Trouble - Synced, PD

#2  - Politik - Synced (Rough) (originally OLD chart from 2009)
        Talk - Synced (Rough) (redo of my OLD chart that's been floating around, from early 2010)

#3  - Glass Of Water *new* - nothing / Charlie Brown - Synced (Rough)
#4  - Lost! / Lovers In Japan (two songs fixed a few years ago, all they need is a check-over, vocals, and keys)
#5 -  White Shadows (upgrade/redo) / The Hardest Part (upgrade/redo)

GENESIS Approx. 15+ songs spanning their career to be released whenever in spurts for 2017-2018.
Includes most of Trespass, a number of extended tracks, and some B-Sides; filling in a lot of the gaps.
Solo songs by Peter Gabriel (early stuff) and Steve Hackett (early stuff) in the works as well
The first three have finished tempo maps dating to late 2015 or earlier, may not be my best work.

Journey Jems, various lesser tracks from Infinity (1)Evolution (1)Departure (2)Escape (2), and Frontiers (1)

(Currently all tempo mapped) (Partial collab)

Planet Gong Currently 22+ Song from Daevid Allen's Gong, related to Radio Gnome and the Planet Gong mythos

Pack 1: Camembert Electrique

Dynamite : I Am Your Animal - Synced

Fohat Digs Holes In Space - Synced

Tried So Hard - Synced

Tropical Fish : Selene - Synced

Later Packs: Flying Teapot, Angel's Egg, You (Others planned for the future)

FM's Black Noise
The entire 1977/78 album by Canadian prog group, in tribute to frontman Nash The Slash
(Originally intended for FoF Forum's Drum Project 7, all syncing done in early 2015, Fixed 2016-2017)
One O'Clock Tomorrow  - Synced (Updated), B/PD/V
Hours - Synced (Updated)
Journey - Synced (Updated)
Dialing For Dharma - Synced  (Updated)
Slaughter In The Robot House - Synced (Updated)
Aldebaran - Synced (Updated)
Black Noise - Synced (Updated)

Judas Priest Leftover 3-pack (Exciter, Running Wild, Sinner; all already synced)

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Pack 1: Inner Mounting Flame
Meeting Of The Spirits - Synced
The Noonward Race - Synced
Vital Transformation - Synced, Working on B/PD
Awakening (Upgrade of AJFOne/LieInKing custom) - Synced, PD

In the future: Smile Of The Beyond (Edited), Wings Of Karma (Edited), Birds Of Fire, Miles Beyond, Hope, Resolution (All rough synced) and also Open Country Joy, Vision Is A Naked Sword (Edited), Hymn To Him (Edited)

Not Actively Working On (Stuff I have begun significant work on but not a major focus right now, you can push me if you'd like. More interest causes a bigger drive to work.)

King Crimson Discipline Album
(Was originally a leftover pack, but now will be combined with upgraded full-band oscar/Sideshow charts to finish up album. Audio will be sourced from the 2011 remix done with Steve Wilson)

Elephant Talk - Synced

Frame By Frame - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)
Matte Kudasai - Synced, B/PD
Indiscipline - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)
Thela Hun Ginjeet - Synced (Rough)
The Sheltering Sky - Synced (Rough)
Discipline - FIXING (upgrade of Obzen/Oscar/Sideshow custom)

Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium Leftover 3-pack (Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, She's Only 18, all synced)

Styx (Retrospective of '72-'83, main focus on Styx II up to Pieces Of Eight, 30+ songs in mind) (6 songs rough tempo mapped, some songs will be a collab)

Fall Out Boy (~7 songs from Folie a Deux, very OLD idea from 2009) (All rough synced)

Spock's Beard Drum Project Upgrades and new tracks, covering first three albums:

Jethro Tull

R.E.M. (7 song pack from Reckoning to Out Of Time, plus additional tracks from Chronic Town to Monster) (Song pack and 5 additional tracks rough synced)

Marillion (Fish-era) Drum Project Upgrades, many new tracks (Laid out, likely to have all of Script For A Jester's Tear and most of Misplace Childhood / Clutching At Straws, but have not listened to Fugazi yet)

Jazz/Fusion (Miles Davis, Jean-Luc Ponty, Return To Forever) (Audio prepared, some rough syncs)

Talking Heads 79-88 (All of Fear Of Music, Tracks from Remain In LightSpeaking In TonguesLittle CreaturesTrue Stories and Naked) (Started on some pieces)

Other Songs (Minimal work started):
These are songs I have barely worked on yet. Upgrades implies that I have some pieces of the song finished, but they need to be fixed and more instruments added.

These mostly still exist as ideas, except for upgrades, which mine previously existed as Prodrum charts from FoF. Let me know if you are already working on something and I will gladly step back and remove stuff. I'll be on the look out as well.

Rush Roll The Bones album pack (Collab, upgrading and polishing farottone's previous old release)

The Moody Blues Songs from their classic albums (currently planned 6-pack, a few songs already tempo mapped) First pack to also represent their albums from 68-71
Phish More tracks from Junta and Billy Breathes (Requested)
Journey (More tracks from '77-'83)
U2 (Tracks from Achtung Baby and The Unforgettable Fire)
Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium Leftover pack (OLD IDEA from 2009, ~10+ songs planned)
King Crimson Full Band Upgrades/Fixes of songs released by Oscarj08/Sideshow and myself, some new ones
Jazz/Fusion (Charles Mingus, Dave Brubeck, CHASE, and others)
Eloy (Drum Project upgrades, tracks from 73-79, including all of Ocean)
The Who Quadrophenia Pack (A handful of songs from The Who's Quadrophenia, idea from Autumn 2014) (Laid out)
Ian Dury (~9-song pack featuring songs from Do It Yourself and Lord Upminster, idea from late 2015) (Laid out)
Emerson Lake And Palmer Drum Project Upgrades, A Few new tracks
Leftovers

A number of Elbow tracks (Neat Little Rows, Forget Myself, maybe some more)

Full-band upgrades/fixes of old Led Zeppelin charts that haven't been converted yet, new tracks as well.
Some misc. tracks lying around, from over the years

Ideas floating around:
Things I'm thinking of doing in the future, but not working on for a long time, which you can certainly request for me to do sooner. In no particular order.

Anderson/Stolt (Music from the new album, seems cool)
Uriah Heep (David Byron-era)
Parliament (Mothership Connection and Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome, they're the only albums I have currently)
Magma (unsure about this one, still listening to their body of work)
Renaissance (Music from 72-78, most important period)
IOSYS (Touhou arrange group, familiar with their stuff up to 2015; plan on some of their rock-oriented songs, especially the denpa ones)

Todd Rundgren's Utopia (First album; songs from Another Live, RA, and Oops Wrong Planet)
U2 (Packs for songs from Boy, October, WarZooropa, and misc. tracks)
Peter Gabriel (Early Years, Songs from first four albums)
Moody Blues (Tracks from 1967-1972)

Edited by nsw1-6, June 24, 2017 - 01:54 AM.

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/FoFiX)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

GONG IS ONE AND ONE IS YOU UND DU BIST MEIN SOFA

#2 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,083 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:54 PM

I'm also working on a few Elbow tracks, namely "Grounds For Divorce," "One Day Like This," and "Open Arms." I have all three tempo mapped. Would any of those be any you're working on?

#3 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 11:58 PM

I'm also working on a few Elbow tracks, namely "Grounds For Divorce," "One Day Like This," and "Open Arms." I have all three tempo mapped. Would any of those be any you're working on?

I did want to do Grounds for Divorce like back in 2010, but it doesn't interest me anymore.

I'm actually working on Neat Little Rows (which I tempo mapped back in 2013 but never finished) and Forget Myself.

Thanks for letting me know.

#4 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,083 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:00 AM

Ah okay, good to know! And it's no problem, just wanted to make sure what the songs were so I didn't feel the need to author anything you're already doing, is all.

#5 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:02 AM

The Leftovers packs are on the back-burner right now, some may get pulled out, some may not.

#6 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 496 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:04 AM

I would love to have some Moody Blues.

#7 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:08 AM

I would love to have some Moody Blues.

I have a megapack idea somewhere in my progress spreadsheet, but I would like to hear song ideas you have.

I'm familiar with anything from Days Of Future Passed to Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, and maybe some of those 80's tracks (Long Distance Voyager?)

I actually have Lovely To See You already done on ProDrums, but could easily make it full band.

#8 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 496 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:13 AM

I have a megapack idea somewhere in my progress spreadsheet, but I would like to hear song ideas you have.

I'm familiar with anything from Days Of Future Passed to Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, and maybe some of those 80's tracks (Long Distance Voyager?)

I actually have Lovely To See You already done on ProDrums, but could easily make it full band.

One 80s song i like is In Your Wildest Dreams. I've been thinking about doing a pre-1967 song (the most popular pre-1967 track).

#9 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:15 AM

One 80s song i like is In Your Wildest Dreams. I've been thinking about doing a pre-1967 song (the most popular pre-1967 track).

I may have heard that one before, will check it out. And it would be cool to do a song from the Magnificent Moodies, I have yet to hear that album though.

#10 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 496 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 12:19 AM

I may have heard that one before, will check it out. And it would be cool to do a song from the Magnificent Moodies, I have yet to hear that album though.

I know that my dad would like In Your Wildest Dreams, it was one of his favorite songs growing up.

#11 Louey7

Louey7
  • 31 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:36 AM

Regarding KANSAS pack Round 2, I would definitely like to see it! The songs in pack 1 look great already, too

#12 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 02:06 AM

Regarding KANSAS pack Round 2, I would definitely like to see it! The songs in pack 1 look great already, too

I already have a list of ideas for the second round. It would include more later tracks (esp. Monolith, which I need to listen to still) and some ones that would complete more of their earlier discography. I probably would want to finish up Leftoverture as well.

#13 TheWay123

TheWay123
  • 89 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 03:57 AM

Wanna collab on Phasors On Stun? My friend requested it from me, and I saw you were working on it.

I chart drums, just send me the WIP chart and I'll start working on the song.

rsz_sig.jpg

#14 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 03:44 PM

Updates to WIP:

All bass parts for Kansas pack finished, some guitar still needs to be done and finalizing vocals.

Some parts of WIP thread changed with new information.

#15 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 06:54 PM

Rearranged some stuff around in the main post, some more qualifiers added for song information. Maybe I cleaned it up a bit?

New Announced Pack:

King Crimson Discipline Leftover Pack - Elephant Talk, Matte Kudasai, Thela Hun Ginjeet

Pack idea/work began Autumn 2014, after the announcement of the Genesis Chronicles carved a massive chunk out of my plans, and thus I planned on doing the whole album Discipline. No tracks were previously started yet, but Elephant Talk and Matte Kudasai were tempo-mapped within a few days. The fully-charted release of Indiscipline, along with some later customs of Frame By Frame and Discipline (which I still want to full-band properly at some point) caused some reluctance towards the album idea. This is what's left of it, and it could be out soon (within next 2~3 months).

Edited by nsw1-6, July 31, 2016 - 06:57 PM.

#16 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 525 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:07 PM

ELEPHANT TALK!!!   B)

I've been SO wanting to do this, but the King scares the emoji out of me.  :wacko:

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    Feedback  |  WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#17 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,378 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:27 PM

Its very exciting what content we have to look forward to.  Me and Oscarj08 did a ton of King Crimson but most of them are drums only.

#18 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 143 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:34 PM

Its very exciting what content we have to look forward to.  Me and Oscarj08 did a ton of King Crimson but most of them are drums only.

I checked throughout the database today, and there are a few tracks that I would like to help upgrade at some point, esp. Lizard, Pictures Of A City and Starless.

#19 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,378 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 07:36 PM

I checked throughout the database today, and there are a few tracks that I would like to help upgrade at some point, esp. Lizard, Pictures Of A City and Starless.

Just tell me what specific songs you would like to upgrade and I'll send you my project files.  Will save you lots of time starting from scratch.

#20 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 314 posts

Posted August 7, 2016 - 09:33 PM

It would be awesome to have more Fall Out Boy and coldplay. Folie a Deux is one of my favorite albums.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users