[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
3048 replies to this topic

#81 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 01:17 AM

Yes. Make sure there is only one preview mogg in there and it should work.

#82 snoopy329

snoopy329
  • 81 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 01:27 AM

Well, I tried everything you said and I still get the same error message "cannot restore [song name] to the wii system memory".

Here were my steps:

1) Using LeFluffie, merged the unpacked folders from my new song to the folder of my first successful custom song which is name 054_00000036_songname_meta.

2) Deleted the new songs mogg file.

3) Ran the batch file to create the new BINs.

4) Pu the new BINs on my SD card.

5) Reset the cache. The 86 I have songs reloaded when I started up RB3.

Now, I still see the new song but my first original song is gone.

I'm lost

Any further suggestions?

#83 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 01:48 AM

Post your songs.dta on pastebin. Show me all the files both the _meta and _song folders have.

#84 snoopy329

snoopy329
  • 81 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 01:42 PM

I finally got it working. The problem was the batch file. I was using the 2nd song's folders instead of the 1st song's folder that had the original slot.

Thank you so much for your help. Now I have a final question:

I was wondering if I could begin MY slot at something like 001 since you say it can go all the way up to 255?

So, could I have 001_00000001_songname_meta as a valid folder name?

What about when I get to 010? The hexadecimal value for that would be "A" so would my folder name be
010_0000000A_songname_meta?

#85 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:20 PM

I was wondering if I could begin MY slot at something like 001 since you say it can go all the way up to 255?

I wouldn't recommend that because at that point you would be overwriting officially-released DLC slots. Plus, it wouldn't be a straight hex-to-dec convert because the numbers get offset due to save files from that week's release. You should be able to go past 255, if you reach that point from the starting point given. It's quite easy to add more slots after that.

#86 snoopy329

snoopy329
  • 81 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:26 PM

Not many people take the time to help a noob like me. Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

#87 snoopy329

snoopy329
  • 81 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:43 PM

Sorry, 1 more question: Is 40mb the limit per slot? Is that the meta folder, the songs folder or the sZFE folder?

#88 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 29, 2014 - 03:03 AM

Sorry, 1 more question: Is 40mb the limit per slot? Is that the meta folder, the songs folder or the sZFE folder?

This is explained in the first post. 40 MB for songs, about 400 KB for meta.

#89 diesal11

diesal11
  • 11 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:45 PM

So, what should i be changing so that i can load these onto a PAL iso?
Just rename anything that is sZFE to sZFP yeah?

Well, it's about time I prepare the PAL package.
http://ge.tt/9b71m4t/v/6

Get that. It's just like the one used in the guide for NTSC regions, but for PAL. Just make sure you have the sZFP wad installed. It's very easy to find.

Well, i'm obviously doing something very wrong. Because i can't find a working sZFP WAD :(

#90 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 07:38 PM

So, what should i be changing so that i can load these onto a PAL iso?
Just rename anything that is sZFE to sZFP yeah?

Well, it's about time I prepare the PAL package.
http://ge.tt/9b71m4t/v/6

Get that. It's just like the one used in the guide for NTSC regions, but for PAL. Just make sure you have the sZFP wad installed. It's very easy to find.

Well, i'm obviously doing something very wrong. Because i can't find a working sZFP WAD :(

Working? The videos should tell you how to install it and how it should respond. They're usually all bundled together with other generation WADs.

#91 diesal11

diesal11
  • 11 posts

Posted February 1, 2014 - 01:52 AM

Working? The videos should tell you how to install it and how it should respond. They're usually all bundled together with other generation WADs.

Well, i can't get my hands on another one (I've looked everywhere, just dead links) and the one i have refuses to install under any IOS (Error -1022), tried resigning it and it says its a bad package. Hence the "not working."
Could i possibly download it from RB in some way? As it is a RB package...

#92 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted February 1, 2014 - 03:17 AM

Isn't error -1022 the expected error? Have you tried loading a built file afterwards?

#93 diesal11

diesal11
  • 11 posts

Posted February 1, 2014 - 06:39 AM

Isn't error -1022 the expected error? Have you tried loading a built file afterwards?

Yeah but it was saying failed on the 2nd of 11 parts. Seems to be working however, so all good.

Now to figure out how to create and use my own Customs!

#94 J0shuaKane

J0shuaKane
  • 3 posts

Posted February 3, 2014 - 05:06 PM

before i start with my problem i must say your hard work is greatly appreciated, by a lot of people.

now i can get all the wii customs working, but when i use lefluffie to conver xbox songs, they show up, album art to, but no preview will play and it locks up after a few seconds at the loading screen.

i searched and couldn't find anyone with that problem. i just drag&drop, and treat the created folders the same as the wii customs i get from here right? seems like it should work, but doesn't. i keep thinking i am missing a step somewhere :what:

#95 BoboFro

BoboFro
  • 27 posts

Posted February 3, 2014 - 06:42 PM

I too have had this problem. One of the 2 songs I converted and packaged together was able to load, but every 15-20s it would stall, but still register drum hits, breaking my combo. The other song would lock up the wii while loading the song. I think I read that if it fails to load like that its a problem with the midi. I've also had that problem with the wii converted versions of "What is Love" by Haddaway and "Assassin" by Muse.

#96 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted February 3, 2014 - 10:52 PM

before i start with my problem i must say your hard work is greatly appreciated, by a lot of people.

now i can get all the wii customs working, but when i use lefluffie to conver xbox songs, they show up, album art to, but no preview will play and it locks up after a few seconds at the loading screen.

i searched and couldn't find anyone with that problem. i just drag&drop, and treat the created folders the same as the wii customs i get from here right? seems like it should work, but doesn't. i keep thinking i am missing a step somewhere :what:

Xbox converts should not be freezing at the loading screen. In the log, is it saying anything about converting the venue? That sometimes can fail and cause that to happen. The mogg shouldn't be more than 40MB, but if that happened, it wouldn't crash.

I too have had this problem. One of the 2 songs I converted and packaged together was able to load, but every 15-20s it would stall, but still register drum hits, breaking my combo. The other song would lock up the wii while loading the song. I think I read that if it fails to load like that its a problem with the midi. I've also had that problem with the wii converted versions of "What is Love" by Haddaway and "Assassin" by Muse.

That constant stuttering is a problem with the Wii's memory limitation. Too many high-quality tracks (usually 8+ tracks at 44 KHz) will make the game stutter randomly. The only solution is to use lower-quality audio or merge tracks down to get closer to 8 or 9 tracks.

#97 J0shuaKane

J0shuaKane
  • 3 posts

Posted February 4, 2014 - 12:39 AM

Xbox converts should not be freezing at the loading screen. In the log, is it saying anything about converting the venue? That sometimes can fail and cause that to happen. The mogg shouldn't be more than 40MB, but if that happened, it wouldn't crash.

i dropped in the original midis and now they work, still no previews and some tracks do that stuttering, but i think i can fix those by making new audio myself...? :raise:

#98 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted February 4, 2014 - 07:06 AM

i dropped in the original midis and now they work, still no previews and some tracks do that stuttering, but i think i can fix those by making new audio myself...? :raise:

Getting audio that's suitable as a replacement is probably the biggest issue. It's not too trivial.
However, you'll have to also make your own preview file. The game always expects to find a preview mogg first, or it won't play anything.

#99 diesal11

diesal11
  • 11 posts

Posted February 4, 2014 - 09:18 AM

Anyone had any success with opening the Xbox DLC MOGG/MIDI for modification? Both seem to be encrypted or something to me, Audacity and Reason refuse to import them and i want to cut the MOGG size down so it stops lagging :(

#100 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted February 4, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Anyone had any success with opening the Xbox DLC MOGG/MIDI for modification? Both seem to be encrypted or something to me, Audacity and Reason refuse to import them and i want to cut the MOGG size down so it stops lagging :(

Newer DLC can't be decrypted to do this, so therein lies the biggest issue. The midi should be fine in either case.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users