Yeah, I'm getting that problem too. I was led to believe the new one would work. I'm looking into it. But yeah, the common key file is missing and I'll put that part back in the guide.
I can't get the new packer to create .bins
I noticed it did not have a few of the files the old packer had, so i added them back in and the .bins were created, however RB3 tells me the files are corrupt and deletes them off my SD card. I AM sticking my console ID in the right place. These are the files I seem to have to add back in:
Adding title.tik and replacing title.tmd makes the wad file name RB2_DLC_52_203.wad instead of title.wad
Adding common-key and 000001d2.app make the .bins appear, so long as the above two files were added
And then these .bins don't work.
Thanks for joining. I really needed your help in that section of the packing side since I wasn't too familiar with it.
i decided to finally make an account here
well first of all i'd like to say, thank you koetsu/StackOverflow0x for all your work.
and I would like to give some advice to the .app file users. If you use Wiimms SZS Tools to create your .app(.u8) files you can create files bigger then 400mb. Wiimm has create his tools mainly for Mario Kart Custom Tracks, but they work also for RB3 Customs and he still updates his tools.
For Example in my emu nand, i have only 10 .app files all around 1gb big. My official DLC is also in this files. Now the Game starts really quick and the song loading times are faster then from sd card.
The Commandline iswszst C 052_00000034_testsong_meta --no-compress -D 00000034.app wszst C 053_00000035_testsong_song --no-compress -D 00000035.app
and the dl link http://szs.wiimm.de/