[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
3093 replies to this topic

#3081 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 165 posts

Posted April 20, 2020 - 10:41 PM

and it would be easier if you used sZGE instead of sZFE, maybe that's why this error is occurring, if the problem is not with ng_id.txt and common-key.

Truth be told and accepted above all

#3082 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 901 posts

Posted April 21, 2020 - 12:31 AM

I use generations G and H with great success. Check my signature to pack like a pro, bro.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#3083 Darklaw77

Darklaw77
  • 3 posts

Posted April 21, 2020 - 10:31 PM

Im definitely not an expert at this, but did you get the correct keys for your Wii and did you find WADs for the sZFE generation? Were not allowed to share WADs/Link to WADs for official generations and as sZFE has some (albeit fairly unknown) official content on it, we cant share them. They exist, but were not allowed to share them. Ive found sZGE to work better (at least for me), but there shouldnt be a difference other than where theyre stored.

ive found what the "problem" was.
Instead of putting the .Bin files in the sZFE folder on the sd card (tutorial), i made a sZGE folder on my sd card and that did all the work, since im using sZGE RB Packer and sZGE WAD intalled on the wii. :D  :D  :D

#3084 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 165 posts

Posted April 26, 2020 - 07:42 PM

because, the only slots that accept customized songs are sZGE and sZHE, these two are the only ones that are not official.

#3085 Yeszo

Yeszo
  • 3 posts

Posted May 2, 2020 - 08:28 PM

Hey whenever I try to turn on SD Card mode it says "SD Card mode has not been enabled. To enable it later, go to system settings under options." and Doesn't let me turn it on, does anyone know how to fix this?

#3086 Darklaw77

Darklaw77
  • 3 posts

Posted May 4, 2020 - 07:59 AM

It happened to me before. I dont know if it was related to but i fixed it by deleting the customs from the sd and putting them again (i kept the bin files just in case), this kinda fixes the problem, because it shows the same error but im able to enable the sd mode.

#3087 iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic
  • 164 posts

Posted June 11, 2020 - 11:05 PM

I've been enjoying testing my customs in Dolphin because of how simple the process is, but recently Dolphin installed an update and my drums stopped working. They still work on the Wii so I'm not sure what the issue is. I followed the steps here to reinstall the drivers: https://wiki.dolphin...USB_Passthrough and then I removed the drums from the list of whitelisted devices and re-added them and they still aren't recognized in game. I tried this with Rockband 1 wired drums and Rockband 2 wireless drums. The blue light on the drums is lit up so it looks like it is connected. Can anyone offer me any advice to get my drums working again? 

Makes Linkin Park customs. Click to see my thread!

#3088 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,226 posts

Posted June 12, 2020 - 07:49 PM

Easiest solution would be to go back to the version where it worked.

#3089 iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic
  • 164 posts

Posted June 14, 2020 - 01:34 PM

Easiest solution would be to go back to the version where it worked.

I installed Dolphin 5.0 and the drums worked right away, thanks!

Makes Linkin Park customs. Click to see my thread!

#3090 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 165 posts

Posted June 26, 2020 - 12:52 AM

do i need to use SNEEK to emulate the virtual NAND?

#3091 i0brendan0

i0brendan0
  • 177 posts

Posted August 9, 2020 - 08:58 PM

I cannot get dolphin to load my customs. I've installed the dolphin dlc files, I've merged the folders into 3 (I'll say why later), I've checked everything out countless times and it will no load anything.
When I was using the auto merge folder option in con tools it duplicated every dta file because if you select the meta and song folder it assumes you want it done twice.
I had to split up the song folder because u8it.exe would crash even if the file would not reach 2 GB. so I have 001 - meta, 002 - song, and 003 - song. I don't know if it can't work like this but smart folder merge merged all my song files into a folder I didn't want it to. All of the entries in the dta file are set up for sZAE/001 as well.
I really need help with this. I want to record preview videos on dolphin but it just won't work. I've done everything the tutorial says.

#3092 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 165 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 04:40 PM

can I edit the MID of the custom already converted to Wii? they stay on the following path:

000_00000000_namesong_song/content/song/namesong

and the name of the mid file is that of custom namesong.mid

or would it give an error when converted to app/bin?

#3093 JustMyselfAndI

JustMyselfAndI
  • 66 posts

Posted September 18, 2020 - 11:25 PM

can I edit the MID of the custom already converted to Wii? they stay on the following path:

000_00000000_namesong_song/content/song/namesong

and the name of the mid file is that of custom namesong.mid

or would it give an error when converted to app/bin?

Depends on whether or not you add or remove any tracks, as such information would also require changes to the songs.dta file. 

#3094 JustMyselfAndI

JustMyselfAndI
  • 66 posts

Posted September 22, 2020 - 08:16 PM

Does anyone know how to get ArchiveExplorer to work with Wii files? It can read the header file just fine but any attempts to open or extract just lead to an unsupported archive format error. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users