[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
3003 replies to this topic

#2961 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 5, 2019 - 02:53 PM

thanks, now the game can use the SD card, but here in my case it failed to add the customs. said the SD is corrupted, probably after that should have deleted the BIN files

We are on Nova Era

#2962 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 5, 2019 - 11:05 PM

"Add-on content is corrupted and cannot be read from SD card"

We are on Nova Era

#2963 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 6, 2019 - 01:05 AM

i did it! sZFE does not work! I just needed to replace sZFE by sZGE at all.

We are on Nova Era

#2964 alucardla

alucardla
  • 169 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 01:06 AM

Hi friends. I just have a query. My Wii is running 950+ songs. All good. But, as more songs are released, I find I'm accumulating probably another Wii's worth - the more non mainstream stuff mostly, that I know my friends that do come round to play, will have no interest in playing.. I realize that scores are over written at 1000 or so, so I've kept it under that limit (otherwise how do you know you improve?). Is there a way to run a second set of songs? Or do I need to set up a new Wii? Put the new songs on another SD card with another hard drive on my existing Wii, or something else, and will that blow up my save? I really don't want to try just in case. How are you handling it? I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Cheers for all the good stuff, especially this forum

Sorry to come later to the party.

Like Alternity said you can raise the song limit to 3000 using some cheat codes.
Unfortunately, I tested it myself and I came to a conclusion that the scores the game can save do not pass around 1000, 1200, etc.
After you reached that number the first song you play in a session will have the score saved.
Every other song you play after it will not save the score. 
The only way to "fix" that is 
Enter in your profile, play one song, exit from your profile, re enter your profile and play other; Repeating this for every song you want to save the score : enter profile, play one song, exit profile, re enter, play one song, ect.
My opinion?

It's not worth it.

#2965 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,414 posts

Posted March 21, 2019 - 02:52 AM

My RB3 Save Scores Viewer tool can help manage your score data. You can backup or remove individual scores from each player profile. So that's an option if you're reaching the limit on savable scores.

#2966 seg45

seg45
  • 71 posts

Posted March 25, 2019 - 02:01 AM

i did it! sZFE does not work!

Did you install the sZFE wad to make that folder usable?

#2967 seg45

seg45
  • 71 posts

Posted March 25, 2019 - 02:20 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way to make a 40 minutes song like Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (not the one in the database) smaller if it's already single track?

https://drive.google...SsXOjPMDMXYukcQ

#2968 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 25, 2019 - 06:40 PM

Did you install the sZFE wad to make that folder usable?

yes and several times I installed this one first and when I saw that it did not work I installed sZGE and sZHE and using the rename method the text file for sZFE did not work, when I replaced it with sZGE it worked perfectly (this after I got my ID).

We are on Nova Era

#2969 seg45

seg45
  • 71 posts

Posted March 25, 2019 - 10:38 PM

Did you get the right common key file, ng_id, or 00000026.app?

#2970 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 26, 2019 - 02:21 PM

No, the common-key was the same one that is in the sZGE folder.
the ID I got after BootMii and you can see the follow-up of this process by returning a page of that topic.
and this 00000026.app does not exist, I've questioned it several times where it was but no one knew how to respond.

We are on Nova Era

#2971 seg45

seg45
  • 71 posts

Posted March 26, 2019 - 10:58 PM

this 00000026.app does not exist, I've questioned it several times where it was but no one knew how to respond.

And there's the problem. If you don't have it the songs built won't work.

#2972 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 27, 2019 - 03:14 AM

And there's the problem. If you don't have it the songs built won't work.

but this file is only needed for NAND virtual mode, the method I did is only worth for customs from the SD card.
speaking of this, I repeat that it is nowhere, either in the NAND folders or in the files made available in this tutorial.  :tinfoil:

We are on Nova Era

#2973 Alternity

Alternity
  • 941 posts

Posted March 27, 2019 - 01:28 PM

This is not true. This file is needed for both method if you want to use sZFE.

The reason why you didn't find the required sZFE wad and app files is because they are not custom made files, and therefore not shared on this website because this is pretty much piracy.

I'd agree that the tutorial should be updated to be using the custom generations as example for the SD card method, though it would confuse emunand users probably since it's very finicky to get working on emunand/dolphin. sZFE works on both so it's a slightly better example.

#2974 dhegna

dhegna
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27, 2019 - 04:21 PM

Hi I am having some trouble with the common-key.

I have downloaded a common key online but it is downloaded in a .bin file while the placeholder file is in a .file. I am not sure how to replace the placeholder with the .bin file. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2975 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 27, 2019 - 11:17 PM

are you referring to the file 00000026.app? if it is then we have a problem there. could you explain where this is? in the sZGE and sZHE files made available for download at the beginning of the tutorial, this file is not included. what came was a 00000001.app and without that I can not make app and BIN files.

We are on Nova Era

#2976 Alternity

Alternity
  • 941 posts

Posted March 28, 2019 - 12:32 AM

Hi I am having some trouble with the common-key.

I have downloaded a common key online but it is downloaded in a .bin file while the placeholder file is in a .file. I am not sure how to replace the placeholder with the .bin file. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just rename the common key file to whatever the placeholder file is named and get rid of the placeholder file. If your common key is correct everything should work fine.

are you referring to the file 00000026.app? if it is then we have a problem there. could you explain where this is? in the sZGE and sZHE files made available for download at the beginning of the tutorial, this file is not included. what came was a 00000001.app and without that I can not make app and BIN files.

The reason why you didn't find the required sZFE wad and app files is because they are not custom made files, and therefore not shared on this website because this is pretty much piracy.

#2977 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 28, 2019 - 12:45 AM

and why sZFE did not work? with sZGE worked. I did everything that was asked in this tutorial and I spent many days under failure. It was then that I only changed one letter and everything changed.
But I must admit that I did not have the right ng_id, but even getting this file in a correct way to what is asked in the tutorial, it did not work for sZFE even though I had installed the wad.

We are on Nova Era

#2978 Alternity

Alternity
  • 941 posts

Posted March 28, 2019 - 12:51 AM

Because you were missing the app file.

#2979 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 115 posts

Posted March 28, 2019 - 02:35 AM

I would like to know if I can use the customs both on the SD card and using the virtual NAND at the same time, is this possible?

We are on Nova Era

#2980 Alternity

Alternity
  • 941 posts

Posted March 28, 2019 - 04:28 AM

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users