[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
2832 replies to this topic

#2801 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted October 10, 2018 - 03:01 AM

In the ticket files, set on the flags for the content you're using. If everything is flagged (usually by all FF values), then the emulator will try to load everything. If you're only using the first 2 or 3 slots, then you only need one FF, probably.

wjVUR8v.png

Look at the highlighted part. Those are probably the only bytes that need to be FF in the ticket. Try matching that and see if it works.

#2802 Silverfox99

Silverfox99
  • 1 posts

Posted October 10, 2018 - 03:05 AM

can someone please help me out with setting up customs im just stuck at the folder structures 

#2803 alucardla

alucardla
  • 159 posts

Posted October 11, 2018 - 05:32 AM

In the ticket files, set on the flags for the content you're using. If everything is flagged (usually by all FF values), then the emulator will try to load everything. If you're only using the first 2 or 3 slots, then you only need one FF, probably.

wjVUR8v.png

Look at the highlighted part. Those are probably the only bytes that need to be FF in the ticket. Try matching that and see if it works.

Hi Mr. Stacks
I think this answear is for me.
Please forgive my noobiness.And my bad english too.
By your explanation I think you want me to open my ticket file in hex editor and change some values, but I'm a disgrace with hex editors and such.
I'll try to fill you in what I know about slots that I used and my tickets in ticket folder.
In every official gen folder I have some DLC of mine from the time my Wii was alive(for example 735a4a45,735a4645, ect).
Let's count Official DLC out for now, 'cause it's not the problem.
Back to customs then.
The folders I'm using are 735a4745, 735a4845 and 735a4945. Inside of every folder I have a "content " folder and inside this I have used these slots:
00000001 Meta (merged songs in all of them with c3 con tools)
00000002 song
00000003''
00000004''
00000005''
00000006''
00000007''
00000008''
00000009''
0000000a''
0000000b''
0000000c''
0000000d''
0000000e''

a title.tmd and another .app file (similar to 00000026.app from RB3 dlc packer).
These conclude the itens in my custom folders.
In my tickets folder I have the tickets 735a4745.tik, 735a4845.tik and 735a4945.tik.
When I open these tickets in Hex Editor they are very similar to the ticket from your image above.
They are very similar to 735a4645.tik too.
sorry for my noobiness but I just can't understand what I have to change in hex editor to make these customs work on newer emulator versions.
If you please want to see them I linked them below:

Please forgive me for the size of this text and thank you very much for your patience.

#2804 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted October 12, 2018 - 04:28 AM

These tickets don't look legit. They're all named differently, but they all have sZAE inside of them. Newer versions are a bit stricter when it comes to those kinds of things. If you want to use just customs, sZAE is recommended, and that would be a ticket called 735a4145.tik. The flagged bits are fine, so it shouldn't be trying to read from many slots you may not have content in.

#2805 alucardla

alucardla
  • 159 posts

Posted October 13, 2018 - 02:13 AM

These tickets don't look legit. They're all named differently, but they all have sZAE inside of them. Newer versions are a bit stricter when it comes to those kinds of things. If you want to use just customs, sZAE is recommended, and that would be a ticket called 735a4145.tik. The flagged bits are fine, so it shouldn't be trying to read from many slots you may not have content in.

HI 
Based on what you told me, I think I can use just sZAE for customs.
If I put all my customs in the slots from 00000001 to 00000042 of the sZAE folder (735a4145) instead of using the other folders (735a4745, 735a4845.. etc,) from 00000001 to 0000000e they will work on newer versions?

Can I merge various songs in the same slot using sZAE folder the way it is told in tutorial?

Can I use my official dlc and customs at the same time if they are not from sZAE gen?
I'm a little slow, sorry

Thank you very much for your patience.

#2806 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 02:50 AM

You can merge almost as many songs as you want into one slot. You should be able to use official DLC as well. Probably would be safer if it came from a real NAND in that case, just because everything is probably already configured correctly. You could merge in official DLC into sZAE as well, but it would be more work.

#2807 alucardla

alucardla
  • 159 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 06:02 AM

You can merge almost as many songs as you want into one slot. You should be able to use official DLC as well. Probably would be safer if it came from a real NAND in that case, just because everything is probably already configured correctly. You could merge in official DLC into sZAE as well, but it would be more work.

Yes. I have my nand dumped with my dlc. 
It will be safe to use sZAE first 42 slots for my customs instead of using 14 slots in folder 735a4745, 14 in 735a4845 and 14 in 735a4945.
This way I get rid of the looping problem showed on the video.

That's what I understand.
Will it work if I just edit the meta folder .app unpacking it with ShowMiiWads then changing the path and repacking again?
Thank you very much. I know I'm being an annoyance. but I'm grateful for your patience.

#2808 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted October 14, 2018 - 11:46 PM

Try one thing first, then the other. First see if you can get customs working just off of sZAE/001 and 002. Then see if your official DLC works on its own. I wouldn't recommend trying to merge official DLC together. It's just not worth the effort.

#2809 DerickCM

DerickCM
  • 9 posts

Posted November 1, 2018 - 12:23 AM

Hello, guys, how easy/hard is it to convert multitrack songs to "singletrack (?)" for wii? There are probably 8-10 songs I'd like to play but they're multitrack. The people who created these songs didn't answer my questions asking for converting so, I'm trying it by myself.

Thank you all

#2810 Alternity

Alternity
  • 829 posts

Posted November 1, 2018 - 04:26 AM

You have two ways to deal with it.

RockBiink: I'm not sure how it works but people has been using this to play with tracks and sound quality. This software is in the forums somewhere...

Phase Shift conversion: This is what I use, you basically convert your song to phase shift so that you get either separated tracks in OGG format or a single stereo OGG file if the song was encrypted. Once your have that and the midi file and whatnot (which is all stuff you'll get from aPhase Shift conversion), you then rebuild the song with Magma the way you want, and then you convert the resulting CON file to Wii.

#2811 Sin Ominous

Sin Ominous
  • 209 posts

Posted November 2, 2018 - 12:07 AM

New stumper, Stack.

I posted this on the release page for the song in question, but I need to be patient, I suppose:

"Sorry to resurrect an old discussion, but the Xbox link for Fluttering Romance (2x Bass Pedal) seems to be broken on the legacy database, and I can't find said version upon doing a search on the current database — only the single pedal version exists on there, with no sublink on the description page."

The Wii convert from the old database freezes the Rock Band 3 loading screen (despite following DTA instructions, complete with cache resets as needed), so I was going to try to hand-convert (my lucky go-to that works for me) the Xbox version of 2x Bass, but I have no way to download it (keepitfishy links don't reroute to new database, I suppose).

Know if you or anyone has the original CON for this one? I was going to replace the complimentary convert of the 1x pedal with the 2x pedal (since that version is a thing), y'see.

:hocuspocus: 'Member Rock Band?

Oh, I 'member! The customs are fantastic! :brosius: 

sig.gif

#2812 xxasians1nxx

xxasians1nxx
  • 14 posts

Posted November 14, 2018 - 12:33 AM

Hey there, 

I've encountered a problem relating to packing my bins. I've currently been dealing with a housing situation and am forced to use a different computer to compile my songs. Upon downloading all the essentials from the Wii Custom's guide and saving proper ng_id and common-key files, I continued the old process with using the RB3WiiPackTool and packdlc.bat.

One thing to note is that I am unsure if the ng_id I copied is the same one (from RB DLC) I had copied back in my old pc. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. 

Upon executing packdlc, I get this, which I found odd. 

https://imgur.com/a/QrVn9fs

However, the bins still show up in the folder, which brings me to the main problem.

After I transfer the bins and meta/song folders over to my SD and reset the cache remotely via /00010000/535a4245/data/MSTORE.VFF

...I boot the game and it loads my songs as usual, but it does not show my new tracks. Upon checking the SD I find out that both bins have been deleted. What's going on?

#2813 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted November 14, 2018 - 06:30 AM

Hello, guys, how easy/hard is it to convert multitrack songs to "singletrack (?)" for wii? There are probably 8-10 songs I'd like to play but they're multitrack. The people who created these songs didn't answer my questions asking for converting so, I'm trying it by myself.

Thank you all

RockBiink is one way. Get the latest version here.

Basically, if you can, you open the mogg file in Audacity and manually export the audio tracks according to what's in the DTA. So if Guitar is stereo, you export the first track as "GuitarL.wav" and the second part as "GuitarR.wav". Do that for all the tracks and drop them into RockBiink. You can even auto-update the DTA with RockBiink. You'll want to make mono any tracks that are already mostly mono, like bass, vocals, or unimportant backing parts. It will make a bink file that you can use in place of the mogg file.

You could also convert to PhaseShift and let it merge the multitrack for you. Then you can split the ogg from the PhaseShift output and put that into RockBiink and make a bink file that you could use. Let me know if you'd like me to explain these in more detail.

New stumper, Stack.

I posted this on the release page for the song in question, but I need to be patient, I suppose:

"Sorry to resurrect an old discussion, but the Xbox link for Fluttering Romance (2x Bass Pedal) seems to be broken on the legacy database, and I can't find said version upon doing a search on the current database — only the single pedal version exists on there, with no sublink on the description page."

The Wii convert from the old database freezes the Rock Band 3 loading screen (despite following DTA instructions, complete with cache resets as needed), so I was going to try to hand-convert (my lucky go-to that works for me) the Xbox version of 2x Bass, but I have no way to download it (keepitfishy links don't reroute to new database, I suppose).

Know if you or anyone has the original CON for this one? I was going to replace the complimentary convert of the 1x pedal with the 2x pedal (since that version is a thing), y'see.

I see. Is this the one you're looking for? https://dl.c3univers...m/525a20135017c

Hey there, 

I've encountered a problem relating to packing my bins. I've currently been dealing with a housing situation and am forced to use a different computer to compile my songs. Upon downloading all the essentials from the Wii Custom's guide and saving proper ng_id and common-key files, I continued the old process with using the RB3WiiPackTool and packdlc.bat.

One thing to note is that I am unsure if the ng_id I copied is the same one (from RB DLC) I had copied back in my old pc. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. 

Upon executing packdlc, I get this, which I found odd. 

https://imgur.com/a/QrVn9fs

However, the bins still show up in the folder, which brings me to the main problem.

After I transfer the bins and meta/song folders over to my SD and reset the cache remotely via /00010000/535a4245/data/MSTORE.VFF

...I boot the game and it loads my songs as usual, but it does not show my new tracks. Upon checking the SD I find out that both bins have been deleted. What's going on?

That screenshot just shows it couldn't delete the junk files, which is to be expected in sZGE. If it's erasing your BIN files, there could be something wrong with the building process.

You could try running this tool to check to see if all your files are in there. What I think it could be is the ng_id. It won't be reported as wrong, but if it's not a match with what your console's ID actually is, then I think files would get erased. If you're not sure what it is, a NAND backup should produce this ID for you as well.

#2814 xxasians1nxx

xxasians1nxx
  • 14 posts

Posted November 14, 2018 - 08:39 PM

RockBiink is one way. Get the latest version here.

Basically, if you can, you open the mogg file in Audacity and manually export the audio tracks according to what's in the DTA. So if Guitar is stereo, you export the first track as "GuitarL.wav" and the second part as "GuitarR.wav". Do that for all the tracks and drop them into RockBiink. You can even auto-update the DTA with RockBiink. You'll want to make mono any tracks that are already mostly mono, like bass, vocals, or unimportant backing parts. It will make a bink file that you can use in place of the mogg file.

You could also convert to PhaseShift and let it merge the multitrack for you. Then you can split the ogg from the PhaseShift output and put that into RockBiink and make a bink file that you could use. Let me know if you'd like me to explain these in more detail.

I see. Is this the one you're looking for? https://dl.c3univers...m/525a20135017c

That screenshot just shows it couldn't delete the junk files, which is to be expected in sZGE. If it's erasing your BIN files, there could be something wrong with the building process.

You could try running this tool to check to see if all your files are in there. What I think it could be is the ng_id. It won't be reported as wrong, but if it's not a match with what your console's ID actually is, then I think files would get erased. If you're not sure what it is, a NAND backup should produce this ID for you as well.

I see. I get the message "Add on content corrupted and could not be read from sd card" after resetting cache.

To get my ng_id, I simply did as the guide instructed and took a DLC song from my ...private/wii/data/SZAE folder to the Wii Converter and got an 8 character file which I put into the SZGE folder.

#2815 Sin Ominous

Sin Ominous
  • 209 posts

Posted November 15, 2018 - 06:44 AM

Nah, that's the Wii version that froze upon loading (despite my meticulousness in the packing process). It's the CON I'm having trouble finding. Unless this is a new fresh re-conversion.

sig.gif

#2816 seg45

seg45
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16, 2018 - 04:14 PM

For some reason my sZHE packer isn't working. I couldn't really tell what the error was on the packdlc screen but I could somewhat see "no such directory" being said in the packer. It did "pack" one of the five songs I was trying to get and loads up in my library but there's no preview and I can't play it. Anyone know why?

#2817 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,391 posts

Posted November 18, 2018 - 05:03 AM

I see. I get the message "Add on content corrupted and could not be read from sd card" after resetting cache.

To get my ng_id, I simply did as the guide instructed and took a DLC song from my ...private/wii/data/SZAE folder to the Wii Converter and got an 8 character file which I put into the SZGE folder.

What error did you see, if any, when running the tool I linked? Something must be wrong in the packing step, so at least it should eliminate any problem being on the console side.

Nah, that's the Wii version that froze upon loading (despite my meticulousness in the packing process). It's the CON I'm having trouble finding. Unless this is a new fresh re-conversion.

Okay, I've reconverted it and uploaded a new version. Download it from the same link as before and let me know how that works. I tested it and it runs.

For some reason my sZHE packer isn't working. I couldn't really tell what the error was on the packdlc screen but I could somewhat see "no such directory" being said in the packer. It did "pack" one of the five songs I was trying to get and loads up in my library but there's no preview and I can't play it. Anyone know why?

Since you've gotten that far, it's likely a DTA problem. Make sure the path is correct and rebuild the cache and try again.

#2818 koit

koit
  • 89 posts

Posted November 18, 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hi there

I'm at a bind in that I've filled up the sZFP folder for my PAL wii.  What can I do now please ?

#2819 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 641 posts

Posted November 18, 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hi there

I'm at a bind in that I've filled up the sZFP folder for my PAL wii.  What can I do now please ?

Did you pack four songs to a slot? See my signature for a guide to maximize your efficiency.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#2820 Sin Ominous

Sin Ominous
  • 209 posts

Posted November 18, 2018 - 05:51 PM

Okay, I've reconverted it and uploaded a new version. Download it from the same link as before and let me know how that works. I tested it and it runs.

Still froze. :(

Can I try the CON on my end? I'm sorry if this has become a headache for you.

EDIT 1: Performing a cache reset without the song. Will try afterwards.

EDIT 2: Nope. Still freezes.

Edited by Sin Ominous, November 18, 2018 - 06:51 PM.

sig.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1)