[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii
Posted March 1, 2018 - 10:31 PM
It could be the same case as Rock Band instruments, where PS2/3 and wii instruments and virtually the same, except home/ps buttons, the LED colors and a jumper value. I.E. hardware fixed to be used only on one console family. This is all speculation of course but that's what makes the most sens.
Posted March 3, 2018 - 04:27 PM
I'm using d2x cios 10 beta53-alt with base iOS 56,I chose beta53-alt because I've read it have better USB support
Are you positive about that? I swear I used a non-logitech microphone in the past on the wii for RB3.
It might have to do with which cIOS you are using to load RB3? It wouldn't hurt to check.
cIOSes in theory can be anything, but if you followed most of the popular guide the one you want is cIOS249.
If it's power problem,could powered USB hub fix it?
Posted March 3, 2018 - 05:43 PM
Posted March 21, 2018 - 06:03 PM
Does anyone know what actually happens to DLC on the SD Card when the game interacts with it? I know they're APP files wrapped in a BIN file, but does the game copy them over to the Wii memory, or is it actually transferring them (meaning the data no longer exists on the SD card until it's copied back)? I feel like the former would make more sense since it would help prevent potential data loss..
I think I just want to understand more what's going on when the game is unable to copy content back to the SD Card when starting the game sometimes.
Posted March 26, 2018 - 04:29 PM
Posted March 26, 2018 - 04:59 PM
Posted March 26, 2018 - 10:21 PM
Posted March 27, 2018 - 09:05 AM
Do you have the common key and ng_id.txt (your console's personal ID) correct?
Posted March 27, 2018 - 04:39 PM
Posted March 27, 2018 - 04:56 PM
I've used sZGP starting with even slots; the first song uses 002 and 003. I'm not sure if that has any effect.
Posted March 27, 2018 - 08:00 PM
Posted March 28, 2018 - 05:57 PM
Wouldn't be the first time I've done something that baffled Stack. I was packing at least one generation with the wrong common key for a while, and the content still worked, and I got sZHP working just by hex editing the E's in the sZHE WAD to P's after he failed generating sZHP WAD's for me.
Posted March 28, 2018 - 09:00 PM
My guide might be able to help you get organized. In particular, the subsection "The Process - Where, How, and When" and the template it provides.
#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.
Posted March 30, 2018 - 05:26 AM
- If I have All Instrument Mode OFF, it does nothing and regular venues play.
- If I have All Instrument Mode ON, the game crashes when selecting a song (I've tried on-disc tracks and DLC)
Posted March 30, 2018 - 06:00 AM
$Concentration Mode v2
Posted March 30, 2018 - 06:45 PM
With All-Instruments Mode you don't need that. Other than that it seems fine.
Posted March 31, 2018 - 04:53 AM
I've got it figured out, I think. I was using a newer dev version of Dolphin because in 5.0 I couldn't get a User folder to generate during that step (making the blank portable.txt file and running the .exe). I copied the Wii folder from that setup and put in in a fresh install of 5.0 and now everything is working great. Thanks for the advice while I was troubleshooting this mess!
Posted April 6, 2018 - 04:45 PM
I've been facing some weird issues with my customs. For example, I have a song that worked fine for the 2/3 times I tested it. But, for the 4th time up untill now, there's stuttering that is persistent and always in the same places. I tried deleting cache but no good. I really don't know why. I was thinking it could be about the amount of DLC/Custom I have in the SD card. Now I have about 600 songs. Tried deleting some songs, but no good.
This is my minor problem. Only 2 or 3 of the songs I tested have this stuttering. They are nice but I can live without it.
My big problem is about exporting customs or creating them. I download them the normal way - using C3 and converting them to wii "version" - and I haven't encountered any problem. But, as I reached the 500 song, packdlc.bat seems to be a little bit weird for me. Since I only have 001.bin, 002.bin, 003.bin and 004.bin that are "real rock band songs", I tried switching back to small numbers like 25~40. For the most part it worked fine, but with some songs I get a weird error that I haven't found so far:
Could not find RB2_DLC_*
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded the files once more, but the problem is still happening. Could you help me, please?
I have posted some images down bellow.
Thank you very much for your support!
Posted April 6, 2018 - 05:57 PM
Seeing that your banner file is 00000026.app I'm assuming you are using sZFE.
Here is the meta folders structure used by the official DLCs in sZFE (sZFP for PAL)
"001", "00000001" "003", "00000003" "005", "00000005" "007", "00000007" "009", "00000009" "011", "0000000b" "013", "0000000d" "015", "0000000f" "017", "00000011" "019", "00000013" "021", "00000015" "023", "00000017" "025", "0000001a" "027", "0000001c" "029", "0000001e" "031", "00000020" "033", "00000022" "035", "00000024" "037", "00000027" "039", "00000029" "041", "0000002b" "043", "0000002d" "045", "0000002f" "047", "00000031"
As you can see they didn't always follow the dec = hex rule.
Hope this helps.
3 user(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users