[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
2608 replies to this topic

#2601 Alternity

Alternity
  • 686 posts

Posted February 7, 2018 - 12:57 AM

It's possible that the mogg is encrypted. I don't think that RockBiink can deal with encrypted moggs.

#2602 vgplayer54

vgplayer54
  • 12 posts

Posted February 7, 2018 - 02:42 PM

It's possible that the mogg is encrypted. I don't think that RockBiink can deal with encrypted moggs.

I was afraid of that. Darn, I suppose there's no other way to compress the filesize of a mogg? or the bin in general?

#2603 Alternity

Alternity
  • 686 posts

Posted February 7, 2018 - 06:19 PM

You can convert it to phase shift it will give you a single stereo ogg.

If you can acquire (or have already) a little bit of authoring skills, you will be able to use Magma C3 to repack the custom to a non-multitracked one that should not stutter on wii.

You might wanna take a look here to see if a wii version exists before doing that though: http://db.customscreators.com/

#2604 bladekinslayer

bladekinslayer
  • 6 posts

Posted February 7, 2018 - 09:08 PM

The songs are encrypted. Most multi tracks are. Why, who knows. I ran into the same issue. Try to contact The orginal author to make a wii friendly version. That's about all you can do.

#2605 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted February 8, 2018 - 12:35 AM

Depending on what songs you're after I may be able to help if you PM me a list of the songs, though I'd recommend checking the legacy database first (although some of the links are now unfortunately dead).

#2606 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,797 posts

Posted February 8, 2018 - 04:10 AM

Alright, so let me chime in.

Multitrack songs are encrypted because. That's the only explanation you need in 2018.

Unfortunately, nobody ever figured out the mogg header, which is required for playing moggs in Rock Band without problems. So if the song was not encrypted and you messed with it in Audacity and exported to .ogg and changed the extension to .mogg, it wouldn't work right. There's some magic happening with the header that only MagmaCompiler knows about. So in order to get a good .mogg, it needs to go through Magma. That means I can't create an automated tool that will do it since after decrypting, you'd have to throw them at Magma. Similarly, Bink files can't be encrypted - so I can't automate going from .mogg to .bik either without removing the protection of encrypted .moggs.

In short, we have encryption, we don't have a way to generate the mogg headers - so the result is no easy way to reduce the size of .mogg files.

#2607 vgplayer54

vgplayer54
  • 12 posts

Posted February 9, 2018 - 01:04 PM

Thank you all for your responses, I do have some authoring skills as I used to chart songs using Reaper back in the day. I will attempt to use C3 Magma for now and save the mogg as a single stereo track. Thanks again!

#2608 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 08:50 PM

Something I've noticed just recently, is sometimes talky's won't work, even if one or more vocalists sing during them, there won't be any arrow trails and the bar won't fill meaning that combos will break. Does this only affect specific songs, or is there something that glitches the game/mic input to cause this to happen? If the song is a custom, can it be fixed?

#2609 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 517 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 02:14 AM

Something I've noticed just recently, is sometimes talky's won't work, even if one or more vocalists sing during them, there won't be any arrow trails and the bar won't fill meaning that combos will break. Does this only affect specific songs, or is there something that glitches the game/mic input to cause this to happen? If the song is a custom, can it be fixed?

This issue is common among all platform versions of Rock Band 3. The cause of the issue is unknown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users