[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
2608 replies to this topic

#2581 Moose1002

Moose1002
  • 3 posts

Posted January 29, 2018 - 01:11 AM

This might have been answered already but I can't get the .bin files to appear. The apps do but not the bins. I saw somewhere that you have to go into the wii and find a certain ticket and rename it (735a4145.tik to title.tik than stick it with the custom) but I can't find it. I've got about 5 songs downloaded on to the wii and not on an sd card. I find 735a4245 and 735a4345 but not the 1. I also get 735a4a45, b, c, etc. This may not be necessary but all I really need is the bins. If anyone can help that would be awesome!

Edit: Never mind I figured out the .bin but now It says I don't have the license. Any ideas? I read that I need to have at least one sZFE. If anyone can tell me how I can fix this or get a sZFE that would be great! Thanks

#2582 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,352 posts

Posted January 29, 2018 - 02:50 AM

This might have been answered already but I can't get the .bin files to appear. The apps do but not the bins. I saw somewhere that you have to go into the wii and find a certain ticket and rename it (735a4145.tik to title.tik than stick it with the custom) but I can't find it. I've got about 5 songs downloaded on to the wii and not on an sd card. I find 735a4245 and 735a4345 but not the 1. I also get 735a4a45, b, c, etc. This may not be necessary but all I really need is the bins. If anyone can help that would be awesome!

Edit: Never mind I figured out the .bin but now It says I don't have the license. Any ideas? I read that I need to have at least one sZFE. If anyone can tell me how I can fix this or get a sZFE that would be great! Thanks

You need to install the WAD for the content gen to enable customs in that gen.

#2583 Moose1002

Moose1002
  • 3 posts

Posted January 29, 2018 - 10:24 PM

Ok, now where do I get the WAD? I've seen it for sZGE but not sZFE that I am using. Is there a special download?

#2584 bladekinslayer

bladekinslayer
  • 6 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 06:01 PM

If you downloaded the packing tools from the first page. the szfe wad file should be in there.

#2585 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 08:48 PM

I'm curious, if I want to try and have the venue (with the band) always show up, which of the cheats is best to use, and will it cause any noticeable performance issues? I'm not sure if I should be going for the Video Venues Never Appear, or Force Venue on All Instruments Mode, or... both? What does each one specifically do?

Also, regarding the Deploy Overdrive if Possible (B+A on P1 Wii Remote) cheat, is it possible to change the input trigger to a different button/combination? Like can it be made to just pressing A like with Guitar Hero?

Thanks.

#2586 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 394 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 08:59 PM

I'm curious, if I want to try and have the venue (with the band) always show up, which of the cheats is best to use, and will it cause any noticeable performance issues? I'm not sure if I should be going for the Video Venues Never Appear, or Force Venue on All Instruments Mode, or... both? What does each one specifically do?

I've never gotten Video Venues Never Appear to work properly on a real Wii. Apparently it does work for others who are using emulators, though. The code inputs and doesn't cause a problem (like freezing), but flying tigers and flying guitars still pop up at the same random times they always did.

Also, regarding the Deploy Overdrive if Possible (B+A on P1 Wii Remote) cheat, is it possible to change the input trigger to a different button/combination? Like can it be made to just pressing A like with Guitar Hero?

Thanks.

Unsure, but a neat side effect is using this will cause the other players in your band to deploy overdrive as well if they'd otherwise already be able to do so themselves.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Requests - Welcome to the underground...
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#2587 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 09:23 PM

I've actually yet to see a video venue, when do they normally show up?

Also, if that's the case, I wonder why it works on emulators but not real hardware.

#2588 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 394 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 09:29 PM

I've actually yet to see a video venue, when do they normally show up?

Apparently "video venue" simply means "no band members, only trippy special effects." So I'd be shocked if you hadn't seen one. I see them 10% of the time or so.

Also, if that's the case, I wonder why it works on emulators but not real hardware.

Yeah, some codes that work for Dolphin will actually freeze Rock Band 3 completely (instead of simply having no effect) when loading them on a real Wii. Not sure why there's a difference, but there definitely is in some cases.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Requests - Welcome to the underground...
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#2589 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 11:25 PM

The only time I can think of when I haven't seen the band performing on stage is when I enabled All-Instruments Mode one time just to see what it did.

I just tested the Force Venue on All Instruments Mode cheat with said mode and the band appeared, but this was just with guitar and vocals, so I don't know if that would have any effect. I probably won't really have to ever use said mode though because I don't know enough people willing to play every instrument together.

I do find it interesting that All-Instruments Mode lets guitar players select Keys though, since you can't do that otherwise.

I wonder why I've never seen a single video venue after playing hundreds of songs, both official and custom?

#2590 Alternity

Alternity
  • 686 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 11:32 PM

Keys on guitar is unlocked after playing (or getting certain score?) 50 RB3 disc songs.

Maybe you haven't unlocked it yet and it shows up even when not unlocked on AIM?

#2591 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 11:46 PM

Keys on guitar is unlocked after playing (or getting certain score?) 50 RB3 disc songs.

Wait, this is the first I've heard of this being a thing, and honestly why? I swear someone mentioned somewhere that the devs let keyboard users play guitar, bass, or keys, but not the same for guitar, to sell more keyboards, i.e. "if you want to play keys, buy our new accessory!"

I probably haven't played that many on-disc songs, at the very least, because there's a lot I don't care for (and consider to be taking up valuable score-saving slots, grr). I have reached what seems to be the final level for my band progression; the bar doesn't visually fill up any more, there's just a bit of blue on the left, and a faint image of a sort of star.

#2592 Alternity

Alternity
  • 686 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 12:00 AM

I don't know the why of things, I just know that I've played keys on a 5 button guitar many times.

#2593 Moose1002

Moose1002
  • 3 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 12:45 AM

K, now I don't have any WAD file in my original folder. I have wadpacker but no WADs.

https://imgur.com/a/Fhmt5

My folder ^

Excuse the strange box, messed up there :P

#2594 Alternity

Alternity
  • 686 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 01:17 AM

I think this is sZFE right?

IIRC This packer doesn't come with the wad file because of legal stuff (you can find it online, though).

I suggest using one of the other packers (sZGE for example), custom generations which doesn't interfere with your already existing DLCs.

#2595 ajipro

ajipro
  • 55 posts

Posted February 2, 2018 - 07:55 PM

After a long 5 month process, i've gotten emunand working. I'm able to load official dlc, SPECIFICALLY testing the sZFE generation (a song by Of Mice And Men), without a problem. Then I go to load in my customs using the .app files, and it refuses to load. I'm using the emunand method that uses uniiloader, and I think the game is running under ios 56 (There's no option to load diffrent ios' in uniiloader). I've included screenshots of my entire folder step up. Yes, I even tried installing the sZFE WAD. USB Loader GX won't detect the NTFS Partition

https://imgur.com/gallery/GWpk0

#2596 budsegal

budsegal
  • 1 posts

Posted February 4, 2018 - 09:52 PM

Spent hours watching tutorials and reading through instructions, and still cant get the games to load properly on Wii.. Im downloading bins onto my SDHC card (works for all my other wii stuff) but I think the part Im missing is where to get correct hexidecimal numbers to put together in the placeholder ng_id.txt and commonkey files before I run widlcpack.. I have a couple dozen officials DLCs Ive gotten through the rbstore but cant seem to open them on my sd to place in wiiconverter.. also I may note that I downloaded wii version of the song I am trying to do (just trying one song at first) so I didnt use the contool wii converter for my song once downloaded. Sorry for being kinda a dummy at this stuff but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2597 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted February 5, 2018 - 02:04 PM

Just drag and drop one of the BIN files into CON Tools Wii Converter window and it'll pop up with an ng_id to save. That part is pretty easy, I find.

#2598 dart580

dart580
  • 2 posts

Posted February 6, 2018 - 03:01 PM

what cheat? i can´t deploy overdrive with microphone :(

#2599 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 53 posts

Posted February 6, 2018 - 03:58 PM

what cheat? i can´t deploy overdrive with microphone :(

It's an external cheat Stack made:

Deploy Overdrive if Possible (B+A on P1 Wii Remote)
289E9B82 00000C00
04148764 38600001
E0000000 00000000
289E9B82 00000000
04148764 4BEC7541
E0000000 00000000

You'll need something that supports Wii cheats like Ocarina. Gecko or a USB Loader can usually handle it.

#2600 vgplayer54

vgplayer54
  • 12 posts

Posted February 6, 2018 - 11:52 PM

Hello,

I have several songs that stutter as they play (Yes, converted from GH) and I realize the problem is the .bin files are too large. I am attempting to follow StackOverflow0x's RockBiink guide on page 70 of this thread, however I am unable to open my .mogg files within the songs folder (Yes, I am a Wii user) within Audacity. I constantly receive the error that Audacity does not recognize the file selected. I have even installed the ffmpeg library to increase import/export compatibility, which numerous websites I visited for this problem suggested I do, however I am still receiving the same error. Without being able to open the mogg files in Audacity, I cannot follow the guide and compress the mogg file to prevent stuttering. Does anyone know how to resolve this, or perhaps another option I may have to decrease filesize and prevent stuttering?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users