[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

• Please log in to reply
2211 replies to this topic

#2201 Sin Ominous

Sin Ominous
  • 201 posts

Posted May 18, 2017 - 02:55 AM

Stack, I think you mentioned once upon a time in this thread that sZHE only works in Dolphin so far. Has there been any luck since then to get this generation to cooperate with real Wii?

I do admittedly only pack one song into a bin combo at a time, as a way of being selective with my customs choices. sZGE is almost at the 500 limit.

:hocuspocus: 'Member Rock Band?

Oh, I 'member! The customs are fantastic! :brosius: 

sig.gif

#2202 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,233 posts

Posted May 18, 2017 - 04:19 AM

I never got sZHE working on a real console, but perhaps others may have. The WAD creation process is basically the same. It's just that after installing my custom-made WAD, the customs still weren't accepted and I don't know why. Similar results when I attempted on sZIE, sZXE, and sZZE. I'm sure others have figured it out, but I couldn't.

#2203 alucardla

alucardla
  • 123 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

I created a custom setlist in RB3, on the Dolphin emulator and the setlist just work the first time you play it.
  The setlist was created in a mix of my DLC and custom songs, but when I attempt to play it again, the error "you can't play this setlist because you or other players don't own # songs of the list" pops up.. The custom songs are listed "unknown song" in the custom setlist, but they are working perfectly if you play alone or in a setlist that you didn't save. I think the error just occures if you save a setlist with a custom in it. When i create and save a setlist with my dlc or disc songs it works fine.

Did someone experienced this problem too?

Thanks!

#2204 Alternity

Alternity
  • 493 posts

Posted May 21, 2017 - 09:53 PM

All the customs or some customs? It could be an ID issue; try to see if the problematic songs have non-numerical characters in their IDs.

#2205 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22, 2017 - 07:23 PM

For the past week I've been attempting to get the virtual NAND working because my 8GB SD card filled up. The lack of comprehensive documentation, guides, or directions out there is really disheartening, but I understand it, because Rock Band 3 was never really popular on the Wii compared to the other consoles. I attempted using the grab-bag provided in Alternity's post (here: http://customscreato...entry1000024375) but that shiz is overwhelming as all get out. Rock Band 3 customs for the Wii really need a PR guy ;)

I honestly can't tell if I succeeded or failed loading Rock Band 3 on the virtual NAND. I've gotten it to load from a flash drive and it doesn't have any save games and is in a weird resolution... but that's as far as I got. Just the default 83 songs. I've already had great success with the SD card method (beyond getting the harmonies project working) so I might just have to pony up and get a larger SD card. Not sure if the NAND is worth the effort, considering it's a wild goose chase at this point. I can only Google so much and download so many random tools and struggle for so long. But I thank all of you for getting me to this point.

#2206 Alternity

Alternity
  • 493 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 01:25 AM

The weird resolution is most likely the emunand not setted. If you created a brand new NAND the settings are at default wii settings... an emunand is basically another Wii.

​I don't know exactly what method you are using to boot your emunand but you should be able to boot into its system menu and set it (resolution; wi-fi; etc;... make sure to turn off wiiconnect24 it can corrupt emunand files when you unplug it if left on).

For the savegame; you can copy it from your real NAND into the emunand; they are structured the same way. Savegames for every games are located in title\00010000\ and every folder is the ID of the game in hex... RB3 NTSC is SZBE so in hex it's 535a4245.

#2207 alucardla

alucardla
  • 123 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 03:14 AM

All the customs or some customs? It could be an ID issue; try to see if the problematic songs have non-numerical characters in their IDs.

Every custom I tried to put in a created setlist that I have saved.  for example, all customs from GH3 or GH2. I try to create a setlist with the guitar hero 3 tiers and it worked just the first time. every time I load it, the custom songs are listed "unknown song" and when I try to play it, it returns this error i mentioned:

"you can't play this setlist because you or other players don't own # songs of the list"

Thanks for your attention 

#2208 Alternity

Alternity
  • 493 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 03:46 AM

Did you checked the IDs of the songs that are shown as Unknown? Did you checked the IDs of the songs that do work? That is what I suggested.

The song ID is in the DTA at the song_id line.

#2209 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,233 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 01:59 AM

I've never run into that glitch, but I've also rarely used setlists. I don't know what to say except it's probably something to do with the IDs. That's how people have been playing online, right?

#2210 Alternity

Alternity
  • 493 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 02:22 AM

Yes; we need valid numerical IDs to play online; and the whole DTA minus the sXXX/XXX path (at least; not sure about every other files) needs to match between players.

#2211 sonicfursuits

sonicfursuits
  • 1 posts

Posted Today

hi! i have tried doing this on two different wiis on both emunand and realnand and they both have not worked, and both say the save file is corrupted. i am very sorry if this has been addressed already.  i am using a pal region game

#2212 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,233 posts

Posted Today

Which part exactly? Setting up emunand at all should not corrupt your game save. That much should be the same regardless of region or any instruction here so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users