NSW1-6's Customs (New: 12/17 Kansas - The Wall)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted June 4, 2016 - 05:44 PM

Hello, this is narutostarwars123456 from the Frets On Fire Forums. For a while now I have been aware of C3's use of my work and finally convinced myself to join and contribute directly. This thread will be probably the only place I will post new charts, and I may contribute to other projects on the forum.

For your convenience, I have drastically shortened my former username for this forum, feel free to refer to me by my new one.

Currently Released:

GENESIS

imjrhhr0ug8pdm56g.jpg

Harmonies / ProKeys / Venues: AJFOne23
5-Lane Keys: ghostbyob
Links
Notes

kzlc25m518bio1z6g.jpg

Harmonies / ProKeys / Venues: AJFOne23
5-Lane Keys: ghostbyob
Links 
Notes

FRANK ZAPPA

s3tbiike2aukkh46g.jpg

Conversion / Reductions: beard216
Links 
Notes

KANSAS

tm13k0j38htqlwe6g.jpg

Harmonies / Venues / Conversion / Reductions: AJFOne23
Links 
Notes

d2kte6guz6ob75m6g.jpg

Venues / Conversion / Reductions: AJFOne23
Links 
Notes

Regarding Files:

I understand that most of this forum works with Rock Band customs, but please understand that most of my work is prepared for FoFiX/PhaseShift. I'm beginning to learn to use Reaper, but I am still comfortable and skilled with using Edits on Fire, which automatically creates the midis for Rock Band separately. Base work will be done in EoF first, then sent through Reaper for finalizing. Anything I'm too lazy to finish will be converted to RB3 by others.

Regarding Audio Sourcing and Quality:

In the past, I have had complaints about audio quality, and knowing that this being a more professional forum, there are higher standards to quality.

Please understand that nearly half of my music collection is taken from used vinyl records, all of which come from by-gone eras, and includes a lot of the music I intend to chart. Every vinyl I possess has been cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and digitally transferred using Audacity with click and noise removal applied. The degree of success on this depends on the quality of the medium (i.e. the amount of scratching, roughness and skipping). Thankfully a good portion of this music has come from my parents' collection, who took really good care of their records.

Hence, most of my records are free of terrible quality, though I have had cases of really bad copies (Journey's Infinity, Traffic's Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys), cases of copies that could be better (Jethro Tull's Aqualung, Yes' Going For The One and Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway), and cases where I need to redo the digital conversion (Vangelis' Albedo 0.39 and a few others). The only other issue here is the effect on the tempo, which can be due to the mastering on the record itself.

If I have determined (or asked by others) that the vinyl source is bad enough, then I will try to find another source for the audio, or anyone here on the forum is free to help provide it. To give warning and compensate for any of these issues sourcing information for each song / pack released will be included, and any additional modifications made.

Regarding File Quality:

My charting abilities have evolved over the years, ranging from not fretting enough (long ago), to about 2012-2013 when I was over-charting. It was only since mid-2015 that I really started to hone on what was being played. This is directly related to training my ears, but believe me, I have noticed that the biggest culprit here can be the mixing quality.

My methods of tempo-mapping have changed as well, again only recently starting to really ensure that it is done properly. I was able to chart fast and properly for a while, but I found that it really depends on how tight the musicians stick to the tempo. Sometimes charts were worked over a period of time, and some packs may include songs where I did not go back and fix the tempo maps to be as pristine (i.e. the Kansas pack, see notes for other songs in WIP Thread).

Upcoming Rounds:

KANSAS Pack (10 Song Pack) to be released over time
Featuring remakes and fixes of songs from FoF Forum's Drum Project, along with four new songs originally planned for Drum Project 7.
Some of these were previously converted by AJFOne23, but now will have more instruments.

All songs will have Guitar/Bass/ProDrums/Vocals.

Can I Tell You                      from Kansas
Journey From Mariabronn  from Kansas
Down The Road                  from Song For America
Song For America               from Song For America
The Wall                              from Leftoverture
Miracles Out Of Nowhere    from Leftoverture
Magnum Opus                    from Leftoverture
Portrait (He Knew)              from Point Of Know Return
No One Together                from Audio-Visions
Musicatto                            from Power

CURRENT STATUS: Drums, Bass, Vocals finished, most of the guitar parts done.
Conversion stage: 2
Finished: 2

A Brief History of YES: 1969-1994

A retrospective of Yessongs from one of the greatest band's in the world of prog, YES. Running through my favorite period of the band's tenure, an (almost) full 25 years of good music, excluding some eras. Includes fixes of songs from my contributions to FoF Forum's Drum Project along with quite a few new songs. FEATURING most of a good Yes album, Going for the One!

Everything to be charted with Guitar/Bass/ProDrums/Vocals. New songs (*), upgrades/fixes to FB (&)

Looking Around(*)                                                            from YES  
No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed(*)     from Time And A Word
America(*)                                                                        from New Age Of Atlantic Sampler
Sound Chaser(*)                                                              from Relayer
Going For The One(*)                                                      from Going For The One
Turn Of The Century(*)                                                    from Going For The One
Parallels(&)                                                                       from Going For The One
Wondrous Stories(*)                                                         from Going For The One
Release, Release(&)                                                        from Tormato
Does It Really Happen?(&)                                               from Drama
Into The Lens(*)                                                               from Drama
Tempus Fugit(*/&)                                                            from Drama
Themes(*)                                                                        from Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe
Life Me Up(&)                                                                   from Union
Silent Talking(*)                                                                from Union
The Calling(*)                                                                   from Talk

And more... See my WIP Thread

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/FoFiX)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

GONG IS ONE AND ONE IS YOU UND DU BIST MEIN SOFA

#2 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted June 4, 2016 - 05:45 PM

[Post Reserved for Additional Stuff Later]

#3 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,255 posts

Posted June 4, 2016 - 06:05 PM

Welcome my friend. Your presence is long overdue :)

#4 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,205 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted June 4, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Welcome, nsw1-6!

#5 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,342 posts

Posted June 4, 2016 - 09:30 PM

Welcome to the other customs forum!

#6 BraxtonThePorcupine

BraxtonThePorcupine
  • 59 posts

Posted June 5, 2016 - 01:25 AM

Can't wait to play more Kansas on drums, welcome.

#7 rawsewage

rawsewage
  • 54 posts

Posted June 5, 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hoping Inside & Out makes it to your next Genesis pack. It really should of been on Wind & Wuthering

#8 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted June 5, 2016 - 12:50 PM

Welcome my friend. Your presence is long overdue :)

Welcome, nsw1-6!

Welcome to the other customs forum!

Can't wait to play more Kansas on drums, welcome.

Thank you all!

Hoping Inside & Out makes it to your next Genesis pack. It really should of been on Wind & Wuthering

The next pack will have a few B-Sides on it. I can make sure that Inside & Out will be added to that list.

#9 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 726 posts

Posted June 5, 2016 - 04:26 PM

It kind of seems you've been here all along!  Welcome!

#10 Louey7

Louey7
  • 30 posts

Posted June 5, 2016 - 06:46 PM

This looks great! Definitely interested in a few of these upcoming ones

#11 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted July 8, 2016 - 10:54 PM

It's been a month already and I'm sorry to say that I still don't have the Kansas pack ready. (Life)

But I will say that it is coming along well (most of the instruments written down) and should be done once I get a real move on.

YES Pack has been announced and added to the thread. (~16 songs, subject to change)

WIP Thread to detail my progress a little more is being worked on and will be up shortly. is now available.

#12 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 52 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:13 AM

That Yes pack looks duly epic. Glad to see some Drama on there, and something from Talk and the Peter Banks era. Has anyone taken a crack at Tempus Fugit yet?

#13 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:21 AM

That Yes pack looks duly epic. Glad to see some Drama on there, and something from Talk and the Peter Banks era. Has anyone taken a crack at Tempus Fugit yet?

Tempus Fugit was done by Italianstalion on the FoF forums, and if I remember correctly it was full band. If it wasn't done entirely, I may take a crack at it.

#14 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,342 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:37 AM

I converted Tempus Fugit a long time ago to RB3.  Its a drums only custom.

#15 Louey7

Louey7
  • 30 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:44 AM

The Yes list looks great, always wanting more of them :). Hard to pick one that looks like it'd be a favorite out of those!

Also excited for Kansas pack! It has one of my favorite songs by them.

I appreciate the work!

#16 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 477 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:55 AM

Welcome! All the songs i see would be great!

#17 beard216

beard216
  • 1,656 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 01:59 AM

Welcome over to this side NSW! \,,/

#18 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 02:02 AM

I converted Tempus Fugit a long time ago to RB3.  Its a drums only custom.

Then I may as well upgrade that to full band at some point.

#19 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,342 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 02:04 AM

Then I may as well upgrade that to full band at some point.

If I remember correctly the tempo map wasn't easy to handle when doing the conversion.  I still have the reaper project files that you could take a look at or just start from scratch.

#20 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 124 posts

Posted July 9, 2016 - 02:10 AM

If I remember correctly the tempo map wasn't easy to handle when doing the conversion.  I still have the reaper project files that you could take a look at or just start from scratch.

Alright. I've been having oodles of problems with tempo map conversion (working with AJFOne on some stuff) to my program of EoF, but I was told that a recent update fixes this issue.

I might just find the chart back on the FoF Forums and patch it up in EoF, and have it converted back again, if it's not too much trouble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users