NSW1-6's Customs (FRANK FRIDAY - Wind Up Workin' in a Gas Station)

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#181 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted July 5, 2020 - 07:40 PM

Another song that's been in the queue for a while (a secret too!). I had little interest in this track to begin with but ejthedj was willing to do other instruments on it, so it became a collaboration. Props to him for helping me get it across the finish-line recently

July 5th, 2020 - The Moody Blues - The Other Side of Life

ol43heng3pjrzfs6g.jpg

All Keys/Finished Bass/OD/Reductions/Vocals (with sync fixes done by me): ejthedj

CON: GET IT HERE

Audio Source Lineage: 1986 Digital Master  -> Some Polydor CD? -> Audacity (EQ and Volume) -> .WAV

Also, no more tracks from this album, but many more Moodies to come! (maybe sooner than you think)

#182 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted August 22, 2020 - 03:33 AM

This is not going to be a common thing with 2 customs per month, should have more tracks soon. Major thanks to ejthedj for helping me get this across the finish line. Doing Keys (done without any MIDI) and Reductions for this one kind of held it up for a long time, but it's finally done. Also higher-quality album art because the previous ones used were bleck...

August 21st/22nd, 2020 - Journey - Too Late

lkuw3wyc9svhrem6g.jpg

5-lane Keys/Keys Reductions/OD/Other fixes: ejthedj

Audio Source Lineage: 1979 US Vinyl -> ION Profile LP -> Audacity (Noise removal) -> .MP3 -> further Click Removal/EQ/Pitch Correction(?) -> .WAV (Don't do what I did)

I'm finishing up some other Journey tracks too but I've got a bunch of tracks that I just need to spend an afternoon or so on and they'll be done.

#183 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 468 posts

Posted August 22, 2020 - 12:06 PM

Thank you for this and can’t wait for What’s coming. The songs you release are what I grew up with and they are lots of fun to play along with.  :rock:

#184 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted August 23, 2020 - 12:37 AM

Got this one done all by myself. Probably my favorite track off this album. Keys are missing because there's a lot going on in the song.

August 22nd, 2020 - Frank Zappa - Baby, Take Your Teeth Out

ol3bxy5dlog4p3f6g.jpg

Audio Source Lineage: 1984 Digital Master  -> Original 1986 Rykodisc CD -> .WAV -> Audacity (volume correction)

Hopefully I have more out tomorrow, but I am confident there's more coming this week.

#185 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted August 28, 2020 - 04:02 AM

I shall be taking over this week's Frank

frank-zappa-banner.jpg

August 28th, 2020 - Frank Zappa - Wind Up Workin' in a Gas Station

61pfd2jzws1x0uo6g.jpg

OD/Fills/Sections/Venues/Massive Improve'lence: AJFOne23

Audio Source Lineage: 1976 Analog Master -> 2012 Remastered UMe CD -> Audacity -> .OGG? -> .WAV?

This one sat close to being done for a while until AJF wanted me to finally finish it and would help on a number of things. So I got up off my butt. It's a short little ditty about car mechanics and gas station attention and how edjamakation may not be so helpful in life to some.

Maybe some more stuff this weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users