Rock Band 2 Customs

Rock Band 2 Customs Online

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 108 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:54 PM

I've heard about this, and have been interested in trying to convert some of my own songs to work on RB2. The main issue for me is that I was never an RBN author during the RBN1/RBN1.5 days, so I'm not too well versed with how everything worked back then. Not to mention having to rewrite the venue track and such to match RBN1's format, which for me would be a nightmare due to using a lot of effects not present in RB2.

Wii verson of RB3 uses RBN1 style venues, and the C3 Con Tools Wii converter can do just that.

My customs thread

My customs spreadsheet (120+ songs)

The 0.1% of Pro Keys players

#22 Storm360

Storm360
  • 296 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:59 PM

So Wii converted venues will comply with Magma V1? Thanks for the heads up... I'm converting something at the moment so i'll quickly test that.

#23 BravoGangUS

BravoGangUS
  • 216 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:42 AM

So for anyone interested, here's a link to a spreadsheet that contains all the songs we've already converted, as well as a sheet with requests on it. There is a form at the top of the main sheet the will take you to the form that will allow you to make a suggestion. Please, check before making a suggestions if it's already there.

https://docs.google....=574caa7d#gid=0

Uhm, you should probably take Bodhisattva off the spreadsheet if you are gonna have it linked here.

(A) The following things are NOT allowed anywhere on this site:

• Official content: Download links to ISOs, LIVE files, CON files, audio, MIDI files, or other copyrighted assets of RB4, RB4 DLC, legacy disc exports, or currently available legacy DLC, or any discussion of external sites that offer those files

q9aY4iR.png Newest Customs: The Rick Dance (Rick and Morty) q9aY4iR.png

#24 GHisFozzy

GHisFozzy
  • 34 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:51 AM

that would be great for rb 2 links i like rb 2 over rb3

#25 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 475 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:41 AM

Uhm, you should probably take Bodhisattva off the spreadsheet if you are gonna have it linked here.

What's funny about this is that it's an on-disc song. :D

Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#26 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,001 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 02:51 AM

What's funny about this is that it's an on-disc song. :D

A custom of a song for a game which has the song as part of the game...yes, very amusing indeed.

Steam: Bansheeflyer PSN: Bansheeflya Xbox LIVE: Banshee Flyer
My Customs
My Works in Progress

#27 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 02:59 AM

I don't know why Rocker decided to do it. I was talking with him WHILE he did it too. I was just talking and he kept saying "Why am I doing this." I always had the same response.

"I have no idea."

#28 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:33 AM

Can't wait for these full band FC videos :P

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#29 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,840 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:19 PM

Don't link to official content, that's an instant ban.

#30 GHisFozzy

GHisFozzy
  • 34 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:35 PM

Yeah same also dont lock this thread its about a time we have rb 2 customs 

#31 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:44 PM

Alright, I told rocker to remove it from the sheet. Should be gone relatively soon (I'm not able to do it myself quite yet). 

#32 GHisFozzy

GHisFozzy
  • 34 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:39 PM

Awesome 

#33 Rocker1999

Rocker1999
  • 15 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 08:39 PM

Alright, I told rocker to remove it from the sheet. Should be gone relatively soon (I'm not able to do it myself quite yet). 

I removed it last night when I saw what Bravo said.

#34 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 07:53 PM

So want to post about this, I got my custom of "MEGALOVANIA" by Toby "Radiation" Fox to work on RB2, after making quite a few adjustments. I even got the venue to mostly work, save for two transitions to photo-negative where before there was horror_movie_special. I'll see about fixing that before uploading, but yeah, it's exciting to see this actually working!

#35 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 653 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 08:01 PM

I'm curious:  Does RB2's dynamically created challenges based on albums work on customs as well?

#36 Rocker1999

Rocker1999
  • 15 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm curious:  Does RB2's dynamically created challenges based on albums work on customs as well?

Never thought about this.  I may investigate on this and convert a whole album just for this purpose :P

#37 Storm360

Storm360
  • 296 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 09:09 PM

Never thought about this.  I may investigate on this and convert a whole album just for this purpose :P

All of "OK Computer" is on my list... sadly I don't have a save file with challenges unlocked though to see if it will pop up a challenge once i'm done.

What causes them to generate? Two songs by the same artist?

#38 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 10:16 PM

A couple of questions, if I may.

1) Storm360, care to share how to get album art to load? I've tried everything I can think of, but to no avail.

2) It's mentioned in the comments in that video linked in the OP that there's a workaround for the one custom limit. Any pointers as to how to do that?

#39 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 653 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 10:26 PM

All of "OK Computer" is on my list... sadly I don't have a save file with challenges unlocked though to see if it will pop up a challenge once i'm done.

What causes them to generate? Two songs by the same artist?

I think three is the minimum for a given challenge to appear.

#40 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted June 1, 2016 - 10:43 PM

A couple of questions, if I may.

1) Storm360, care to share how to get album art to load? I've tried everything I can think of, but to no avail.

2) It's mentioned in the comments in that video linked in the OP that there's a workaround for the one custom limit. Any pointers as to how to do that?

Check the OP, I updated with a link on how to convert which includes making them compatible for multiple at once as well as album art, courtesy of Meta123. Just start at the magma building part for the whole compatibility part.

(The Album art is just the <songid>_keep.png_xbox file in the gen folder btw)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rock Band 2, Customs, Online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users