Fieldy92's Customs (6/30 - Pride Pack!)

Imagine Dragons Lady Gaga Taylor Swift Lifehouse The Chainsmokers twenty one pilots SafetySuit Shiny Toy Guns KONGOS Halestorm

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Caserol23

Caserol23
  • 215 posts

Posted February 14, 2020 - 06:08 PM

Wow, 21 Pilots :)

GyyPEOS.gif

#42 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 50 posts

Posted July 1, 2020 - 03:05 AM

I’m back! Life has been busy, and until quarantine hit I didn’t really have time to work on customs anymore. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands, I’m hoping to release the last batch of customs that’s been sitting in my WIP queue for awhile.

I’m going to do my best to make these tracks as polished as possible, but expect some things to be missing, like pro keys or (in some cases) harmonies. If you see a song that you’d like to add those elements to, let me know and I’d be happy to do a collab with you!

Alright, enough with the preamble. On to the customs…

2e4MbKW.jpg

Just in time for the end of Pride month, here’s a pack of songs by LGBT artists and allies to the queer community.

Steve Grand - All-American Boy

rYfpQCa.jpg

First up, the title track off of the 2015 album “All-American Boy,” by openly gay country artist Steve Grand. In a rare move for the genre, Grand sings a heartfelt song about his feelings for another man and the desire for those feelings to be reciprocated. Highlights of the song: Grand’s passionate vocals, and a pretty fun guitar solo.

Panic at the Disco - Girls/Girls/Boys

l4pFYY5.jpg

This hit song by Panic! at the Disco is actually about lead vocalist Brendon Urie’s first threesome experience, but it’s since become an anthem for the band’s LGBT fanbase. To quote Urie in the chorus: “Love is not a choice.” This one’s a blast to sing and has a seriously infectious bassline.

Thanks to Fat Ha1p3rt for the venue, overdrive, animations, practice sections, and authored reductions!

Annie Murphy - A Little Bit Alexis

2Zt8k6V.jpg

The recently concluded Schitt’s Creek was (surprisingly) one of the most LGBT friendly shows of the last several years, featuring a variety of queer characters and one of the healthiest gay relationships I’ve ever seen on television. This song is from the “critically reviewed” limited reality series starring the show’s fictional character, Alexis Rose. A lighthearted parody of 2000’s era pop stars like Britney Spears, this song would fit in well at any gay bar. The guitar and bassline may surprise you on this one.

Kelly - Shoes

Btnp0Wh.jpg

Surprise, betches. This song was inescapable in 2006, hailing from one of YouTube’s biggest viral sensations at the time. Liam Kyle Sullivan’s gender-bent persona, Kelly, became a popular figure in the gay community and even appeared in a series of anti-gay bullying campaign videos called FCKH8. While the song is relatively simple to play, the nostalgia is strong with this one.

That’s it for now. Happy Pride, and stay tuned for more future customs!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imagine Dragons, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Lifehouse, The Chainsmokers, twenty one pilots, SafetySuit, Shiny Toy Guns, KONGOS, Halestorm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users