Since I've now decided to reveal what I'm working on or planning to work on, rather than keeping things a secret (but giving hints) up until release like the old C3 days, this is where I'll list my WIPs and ideas.
I listen to like, a lot of different shit, and so there's a lot of music that I really want to chart - but charting takes time, and I can only do so much. What I list here is the immediate pack ideas I have bouncing around in my head that I feel like I'll probably do soon. These are subject to change, of course, since I might suddenly decided I really want to chart something, but I'll most likely stick with this. If you'd like to see a list of artists that I may want to chart, or what albums I really like and may want to do songs from...well, I just made those phrases into links, actually, so just click them.
edit: Previously I had a list of songs I wanted to do, with asterisks indicating priority. I've now come to terms with the fact that I have wayyyy more things I want to chart than I have time to chart them, so pack sizes have been reduced accordingly to only the songs I really want to chart.
Without further ado, my WIPs/plans:
daily reminder to be nice to her wow she's elon musk's girlfriend now
- "My Sister Says the Saddest Things" [D/B/K]
- "Genesis" [DONE]
- "Oblivion" [DONE]
- "Flesh Without Blood" [D/B/G/K/V]
- "Kill v. Maim" [D]
- "Realiti" [D]
Sleep - Dopesmoker: the fucking behemoth. aka "dude weed lmao"
- "Dopesmoker" [D]
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 3 - Kid A)
- "Everything in Its Right Place" [D/B/K]
- "Kid A"
- "The National Anthem"
- "How to Disappear Completely"
- "In Limbo"
- "Morning Bell"
- "Motion Picture Soundtrack"
The Sad Pack: do you love moping and feeling sorry for yourself? because i sure fuckin do
- The Cure - "Pictures of You"
- Low - "Words" (maybe Lullaby instead)
- Red House Painters - "Katy Song"
Modest Mouse 3-Pack: WELL
- "Edit the Sad Parts"
- "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine"
- "The Stars Are Projectors"
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 4 - Amnesiac)
- "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box"
- "Pyramid Song"
- "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors"
- "I Might Be Wrong"
- "Knives Out"
- "Dollars and Cents"
- "Life in a Glasshouse"
Indie Epics Pack: hey we can do long songs too
- Animal Collective - "Alvin Row"
- Car Seat Headrest - "Beach Life-in-Death"
- Have a Nice Life - "Earthmover"
- The Microphones - "I Want Wind to Blow"/"The Glow Pt, 2"
- Sufjan Stevens - "Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois"/"The Black Hawk War"/"Come On! Feel the Illinoise!"
(sorry i'm cheating a bit by doing combined songs that flow into each other. also that the Sufjan song isn't Impossible Soul)
maudlin of the Well - Bath: the greatest prog metal album of all time
- "The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth"
- "They Aren't All Beautifull"
- "Heaven and Weak"
- "Interlude 1"
- "The Ferryman"
- "Marid's Gift of Art"
- "Girl with a Watering Can"
- "Birth Pains of Astral Projection"
- "Interlude 2"
(it kinda sucks to not do Leaving Your Body Map along with it, but hey, what are you gonna do)
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 5 - Hail to the Thief)
- "2 + 2 = 5"
- "Sit Down. Stand Up."
- "Sail to the Moon."
- "Go to Sleep."
- "Where I End and You Begin."
- "The Gloaming."
- "There There."
- "A Punchup at a Wedding."
- "A Wolf at the Door."
Video Game OST Pack: tfw overly nostalgic (but these are all really good and underappreciated tho)
- Alistair Lindsay - "Savannah" (RollerCoaster Tycoon 3)
- Jerry Martin - "Metropolis" (SimCity 4)
- Matt Ragan - "Rear Flutterblast #19" (Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit)
- NPluto - "High Time" (Drift City) (I can't find anything on the actual composer of this soundtrack)
- Solar Fields - "Introduction" (Mirror's Edge)
- Tetsuya Shibata - "Car Tuning =garage life=" (Auto Modellista)
- secret bonus track that i won't reveal until it's done (out of shame)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor: bagpipes on keys. also crescendos
- "East Hastings"
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 6 - In Rainbows)
- "15 Step" (update)
- "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" (update)
- "All I Need"
- "Faust Arp"
- "House of Cards"
- "Jigsaw Falling into Place"
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium: the best prog rock album of the 21st century, AKA mariachi slipknot
- "Son et Lumière"/"Inertiatic ESP"
- "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)"
- "Tira Me a las Arañas"/"Drunkship of Lanterns"
- "Cicatriz ESP"
- "This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed"
- "Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt"
(hnnnng there's so many TMV songs that would be amazing to play in RB but I just had to do this album)
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 7 - The King of Limbs)
- "Lotus Flower"
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine (plus bonus tracks from his discography)
- "Seventh Wave"
- "Hide Nowhere"
- "3 A.M."/"Voices in the Fan"
- "The Death of Music"
- "Thing Beyond Things"
- "Bad Devil"
- "Earth Day"
- "Planet of the Apes"
(previously the idea was a big pack with at least one song from each album, but I decided I'd really like to see Ocean Machine done in full, so I cut out a bunch of the other tracks until I was at roughly still the same amount of songs)
Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 8 - A Moon Shaped Pool)
- "Burn the Witch"
- "Decks Dark"
- "Ful Stop"
- "Present Tense"
- "True Love Waits"
Supertramp - Crime of the Century: finishing up one of the best prog/art rock albums ever
- "Hide in Your Shell"
- "If Everyone Was Listening"
- "Crime of the Century"
("School," "Bloody Well Right," and "Dreamer" have already been done by Farottone)
Boards of Canada - Music Has a Right to Children: this album may not be at all suited for Rock Band, but I have the right to chart it anyway
- "Wildlife Analysis"/"An Eagle in Your Mind"
- "The Color of the Fire"
- "Telephasic Workshop"
- "Triangles & Rhombuses"
- "Turquoise Hexagon Sun"
- "Kaini Industries"
- "Rue the Whirl"
- "Pete Standing Alone"
- "Smokes Quantity"
- "Open the Light"/"One Very Important Thought"
- "Happy Cycling"
(will probably do more from BoC in the future, like songs from The Campfire Headphase - you know, with actual guitar. this is one of my favorite albums ever so it'll do for now, though)
Elliott Smith - Either/Or: the tragic indie folk legend's finest hour
- "Speed Trials"
- "Ballad of Big Nothing"
- "Between the Bars"
- "Pictures of Me"
- "No Name No. 5"
- "Rose Parade"
- "Punch and Judy"
- "Cupid's Trick"
- "2:45 A.M."
- "Say Yes"
Silversun Pickups 3-Pack: SEASONS ALWAYS SHIFT TOO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE
- "Kissing Families"
- "Growing Old Is Getting Old"
- "Friendly Fires"
(Arguably) Prog Metal Pack: we can hit the notes the goodest and mostest
- Agalloch - In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion"
- Between the Buried and Me - "Backwards Marathon"
- ISIS - "In Fiction" (the band, not the terrorist group)
- maudlin of the Well - "The Curve That to an Angle Turn'd"
- Pain of Salvation - "In the Flesh"
Ladies of Art Pop: ill think of a subtitle later
- Bjork - "Hyperballad"
- Kate Bush - "Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)"
- (third track is currently being debated)
Classic Prog Pack: hold up prog metal guys, we hit the notes the goodest and mostest before when you were just little babbies
- Frank Zappa - "Willie the Pimp"
- Gentle Giant - "Pantagruel's Nativity"
- King Crimson - "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One"
- Pink Floyd - "Us and Them/Any Colour You Like"
Jazz Rap Pack: hip-hop haters btfo
- A Tribe Called Quest - "Jazz (We've Got)"
- Digable Planets - "Black Ego"
- The Roots - "Ain't Sayin' Nothin' New" (arguably jazz rap)
Need for Speed Pack: representing
every almost every game in the premier arcade racing series with nearly-consistently excellent soundtracks
- [undecided since there are a number of tracks I like equally here] (The Need for Speed)
- Rom Di Prisco - "Romulus 3" (Need for Speed II)
- Matt Ragan - "Rear Flutterblast #19" (Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit)
- Saki Kaskas - "Callista" (Need for Speed: High Stakes)
- Morphadron - "Dr. Know" (Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed)
- Pulse Ultra - "Build Your Cages" (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)
- Static-X - "The Only" (Need for Speed: Underground)
- Killing Joke - "The Death & Resurrection Show" (Need for Speed: Underground 2)
- DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo (ft. Chuck D) - "B-Side Wins Again"(Need for Speed: Most Wanted)
- Every Move a Picture - "Signs of Life" (Need for Speed: Carbon)
- Digitalism - "Pogo" (Need for Speed: ProStreet)
- Klaxons - "Echoes" (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit )
- Last Dinosaurs - "Zoom" (Need for Speed: Most Wanted )
Fall Out Boy Pack: my heart will always be in a mid-2000s scene phase
- "20 Dollar Nosebleed"
- "The (After) Life of the Party"
- "What a Catch, Donnie"
90s Hip-Hop Classics Pack: sick of subtitles
- Nas - "The World Is Yours"
- The Notorious B.I.G. - "Juicy"
- Wu-Tang Clan - "C.R.E.A.M."
Jeff Rosenstock Pack (or, the Jeff Rosenpack): *emphatic yelling*
- "We Begged 2 Explode"
- stretchgoal: Worry Suite ("Blast Damage Days"/"Bang on the Door"/"Rainbow"/"Planet Luxury"/"HELLLLHOOOOLE"/"June 21st"/"The Fuzz"/"...While You're Alive"/"Perfect Sound Whatever")
Midwest Emo Pack: twinkle twinkle little guitar
- American Football - "I'll See You When We're Both Not So Emotional"
- Brave Little Abacus - "I See It Too."
- Cap'n Jazz - "Little League"
- Snowing - "Important Things (Specter Magic)"
Sonic Youth Pack: more representation from the noisy indie pioneers
- "Expressway to Yr. Skull"
- "Cross the Breeze"
- "Tunic (Song for Karen)"
- "The Diamond Sea"
(not sure how "The Diamond Sea" is going to work out but fuck if i'm not gonna try)
Modest Mouse: Rock Band
The "Drums Workshop" is an idea that I started doing some time ago but over time I kinda lost interest in updating it. I might bring it back someday, but consider it "archived" for now.
Hi there! This is my drums-only section, where I post drums-only charts of songs, in a similar vein to some others around here who are primarily drum authors.
These projects include:
- Tempo map
- Fully charted expert drums
- Hand-edited drum animations
- Drum fills
These charts are meant to be an aid or a starting point for authors who would rather save time, or who are not proficient with tempo mapping or drums authoring. They can also be utilized to help polish an existing chart. Before you ask, no, I will not compile these charts and release them as playable songs as-is. These are meant to be a work in progress, a base, not a finished custom.
Charting drums is my favorite part of authoring. It's what I'm best at, especially when charting by ear, and I play actual real life drums as well. Thus, it's become fun, like a hobby, just an interesting activity - I'll make a drum chart for a song I like even if it were never going to be in the game. Leading off of that, even if there's already a completely perfect full band chart of a song I like available, I'd still want to make a drum chart just for fun/exercise, despite that it'll never actually get played. Thus, there will be songs posted here that other people have already charted, as long as it's not an official/C3 release. If you would rather I not do that when you're the author of an existing version of the song, send me a PM.
Generally, when I release an album-themed pack, I'll release the other songs from that album as drum charts.
So yeah, if you want to use one of these charts, make sure you send me a PM to let me know, and perhaps I'll even help out and collaborate with whatever you want to do with it.
Keep in mind that I don't want this to just become "Download
music 'drum charts' free!", so all the downloads will only contain an RPP - therefore, you'll have to use your own audio. If you're having trouble getting your audio to sync up with the tempo map, I can help with that.
Anyway, here's the downloads.
(the dots represent suggested difficulty tiers)
1973 - Houses of the Holy
3. Over the Hills and Far Away •••◦◦
4. The Crunge ••••◦
5. Dancing Days ••◦◦◦
6. D'yer Mak'er •••◦◦
8. The Ocean ••••◦
I held off on starting this thread until now because I believe all of the songs from Houses of the Holy had been released with at least drums in Sideshow's thread by Oscarj08 or narutostarwars123456. So, starting this when I released my 3-pack from that album would have been pretty redundant. Either way, here they are if you're interested despite more complete versions already existing.
2001 - Origin of Symmetry
7. Micro Cuts ••◦◦◦
8. Screenager •◦◦◦◦
9. Darkshines •••◦◦
10. Feeling Good ••••◦
11. Megalomania •◦◦◦◦
12. Futurism (Bonus) •••◦◦
Interesting how it's just the entire second half of the album that hasn't had anything done yet. If anyone wants to finish Darkshines, I'd be totally down to work with you on that.
1. No Motiv - Independence Day •••◦◦
2. Amber Pacific - Always You •••••
4. Funeral for a Friend - Rookie of the Year ••••◦
9. Autopilot Off - Make a Sound ••••◦
12. Pennywise - Rise Up •••••
14. The F-Ups - Lazy Generation •••◦◦
15. The Lot Six - Autobrats ••••◦
16. Sahara Hotnights - Hot Night Crash •••◦◦
17. Eighteen Visions - I Let Go ••••◦
19. From First to Last - Populace in Two •••••
20. Sugarcult - Memory •••◦◦
21. Finger Eleven - Stay in Shadow •••◦◦
23. Local H - Everyone Alive •••◦◦
24. Maxeen - Please ••••◦
25. New Found Glory - At Least I'm Known for Something ••••◦
27. Go Betty Go - C'mon •••◦◦
28. Moments in Grace - Broken Promises •••◦◦
29. Midtown - Give It Up ••••◦
30. 1208 - Fall Apart •••••
32. Rise Against - Paper Wings •••••
33. The Bouncing Souls - Sing Along Forever •••◦◦
34. The Matches - Audio Blood •••◦◦
35. Silent Drive - 4/16 •••••
36. The Explosion - Here I Am •••◦◦
37. The D4 - Come On! ••••◦
38. The Mooney Suzuki - Shake That Bush Again •••••
39. Mudmen - Animal ••••◦
42. Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed •••••
43. Letter Kills - Radio Up •••◦◦
(notes: "C'mon C'mon," "I Wanna Be Sedated," "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)," and "Decent Days and Nights" are already official HMX songs. "Heart Full of Black" was omitted because the mixing made it very difficult to chart drums (muddy bass) and I didn't like the song that much anyway.
I'll totally help out if anyone wants to finish "Make a Sound," "Populace in Two," "Rookie of the Year," "Audio Blood," "Independence Day," "Please," "Paper Wings," "4/16," or "Hot Night Crash."