• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 02:52 AM

==DISCLAIMER==

this work-in-progress list is now rather heavily outdated. some things on here i'm still doing, some things on here i may not doing anymore (at least not any time soon), and some things i may be doing but not in the order i originally outlined in this list. also there's many things that are not on this list that i am planning to do, but i can't really reveal or change much here because C3X requires a certain level of secrecy, y'know? anyway if you really need to know whether something is still happening or not, please PM me!

Since I've now decided to reveal what I'm working on or planning to work on, rather than keeping things a secret (but giving hints) up until release like the old C3 days, this is where I'll list my WIPs and ideas.

I listen to like, a lot of different shit, and so there's a lot of music that I really want to chart - but charting takes time, and I can only do so much. What I list here is the immediate pack ideas I have bouncing around in my head that I feel like I'll probably do soon. These are subject to change, of course, since I might suddenly decided I really want to chart something, but I'll most likely stick with this. If you'd like to see a list of artists that I may want to chart, or what albums I really like and may want to do songs from...well, I just made those phrases into links, actually, so just click them.

edit: Previously I had a list of songs I wanted to do, with asterisks indicating priority. I've now come to terms with the fact that I have wayyyy more things I want to chart than I have time to chart them, so pack sizes have been reduced accordingly to only the songs I really want to chart.

Without further ado, my WIPs/plans:

Works in Progress (actively being worked on, with completed parts noted)

Planned Songs (not yet started, but please send me a PM first if you want to work on anything from this list!)

The "Drums Workshop" is an idea that I started doing some time ago but over time I kinda lost interest in updating it. I might bring it back someday, but consider it "archived" for now.

Drums Workshop

check out my customs thread for some COOL FUCKIN SHIT!!!

Rpbw4bh.png

---

i think that indie band pink floyd really messed up when they didntmake that whole song money just the cash register sounds
pink floyd's "the wall" is an entire concept album about a man who needs no education because his dream is simply to build a lovely big wall

#2 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 06:21 AM

Someone i think is doing drums of all muse songs.

Edit

Yeah, so far he got Absolution, Black Holes And Revelations, Drones, Origin Of Symmetry and The 2nd Law done.

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#3 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted October 13, 2016 - 11:19 PM

Updated this thread to include my WIPs and plans.

Also added the rest of the Burnout 3 soundtrack to the drums workshop.

Rpbw4bh.png

---

i think that indie band pink floyd really messed up when they didntmake that whole song money just the cash register sounds
pink floyd's "the wall" is an entire concept album about a man who needs no education because his dream is simply to build a lovely big wall

#4 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted December 27, 2016 - 11:40 PM

Just updated this to include the RH:RB packs, and now it also goes way further into the futureeee.

Rpbw4bh.png

---

#5 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted February 8, 2017 - 08:22 AM

updated OP to add a few more ideas for future packs (from "Indie Epics" onward), because i love to plan for things that probably won't actually be done until like 2021

Rpbw4bh.png

---

#6 Derekô

Derekô
  • 96 posts

Posted February 8, 2017 - 08:37 PM

Goddammit, I've never been more excited over one WIP list. Do you plan on charting the BOC synths to guitar or keys? And Godspeed, holy shit. And Slowdive! And finally some love for Isis. And more Radiohead. Keeping an eye on this thread and am highly looking forward to whatever you may be working on, going forward.

OM2uucL.png

#7 Derekô

Derekô
  • 96 posts

Posted February 8, 2017 - 08:38 PM

Forgot to mention the hype for more De-Loused charts. Hellelujah. I really hope some of these ideas see fruition.

OM2uucL.png

#8 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted February 8, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Do you plan on charting the BOC synths to guitar or keys?

I'll most likely split the different synth parts between both of them, though with keys taking priority.

I really hope some of these ideas see fruition.

As long as I'm still authoring, I'll keep chipping away at this list, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. It's just a matter of when I'll get to them.

Rpbw4bh.png

---

#9 Derekô

Derekô
  • 96 posts

Posted February 10, 2017 - 04:08 AM

I don't know if you'd be interested in them, but I recall seeing some Isis charts over on FOF.  I'm fairly sure In Fiction was one of them, and I know some others had drums and bass included with guitar.  They may or may not be a pain in the ass to straight-up convert, but at the very least they could lay some groundwork?  Just food for thought.  I'd been trying to rally a conversion for them for some time now.

OM2uucL.png

#10 Lowlander2

Lowlander2

There Can Be Only One Video Guy

• 276 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 05:50 PM

About to set up my own WIP thread, pop into every recent one to make sure I'm not stepping on toes, and I see you plan to do Dopesmoker? I'll be surprised if that doesn't break the game, but at least vox will be an easy chart. C on every note except for like two.

#11 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted April 21, 2017 - 10:37 PM

Updated OP with a couple changes to planned packs, and a couple new additions - most importantly a song that, due to recent developments, I'm dropping everything else I'm doing to chart right now.

Figured a couple months is long enough to wait to respond to these...

I don't know if you'd be interested in them, but I recall seeing some Isis charts over on FOF.  I'm fairly sure In Fiction was one of them, and I know some others had drums and bass included with guitar.  They may or may not be a pain in the ass to straight-up convert, but at the very least they could lay some groundwork?  Just food for thought.  I'd been trying to rally a conversion for them for some time now.

To be honest, I'd rather start from scratch in most cases since I just find charting as part of the fun, especially when authoring guitar and drums which are the most commonly already-done instruments. A lot of FOF charts tend to have dodgy tempo maps, anyway.

About to set up my own WIP thread, pop into every recent one to make sure I'm not stepping on toes, and I see you plan to do Dopesmoker? I'll be surprised if that doesn't break the game, but at least vox will be an easy chart. C on every note except for like two.

Yeah, I really want to try and push the game's limits, song length-wise. The thing that I think makes this kind of a wildcard is, unlike the past Cassandra Gemini and the new record-setter, Fall of an Empire, it's not a very dense and technical song, but instead a slow, sludgy stoner metal song, meaning there's less notes and therefore a smaller MIDI.

Rpbw4bh.png

---

#12 kkarpiu

kkarpiu
  • 65 posts

Posted April 23, 2017 - 08:15 AM

Awesome picks from Devin. Can't wait !

#13 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 58 posts

Posted April 23, 2017 - 07:38 PM

Looking forward to Kill v. Maim, How to Disappear Completely, Roygbiv, Alison, Machine Gun, and especially Dopesmoker. (Hopefully you won't have to pull a Jerusalem and split it up into multiple parts...)

#14 Mugen

Mugen
  • 11 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 02:14 AM

Can't wait, would always love some more Radiohead and Animal Collective.

#15 Envirobear2000

Envirobear2000
  • 16 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 10:57 AM

Hey, dunno if you'd be interested but I actually have a Frank Zappa - Willie the Pimp chart from my FoF days that might make a decent jumping off point. It's tempo-mapped, and with a guitar chart and like, 25% of a drum chart. And pitched vocals too, but they are probably pretty bad (grid snapped to 32nds or something, and the pitches probably aren't great). 

Edited by Envirobear2000, September 1, 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#16 missingn042128

missingn042128
  • 59 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 12:03 AM

If you are interested, I have a guitar chart of Starless that I've completed to around 10 min and 50 sec. 

Also, I would be willing to do G/B/K on just about any of the songs you have planned on that list (except Grimes. I don't do meme music).

can't spell Porcupine Tree without erection

#17 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 272 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 12:17 AM

Hey, dunno if you'd be interested but I actually have a Frank Zappa - Willie the Pimp chart from my FoF days that might make a decent jumping off point. It's tempo-mapped, and with a guitar chart and like, 25% of a drum chart. And pitched vocals too, but they are probably pretty bad (grid snapped to 32nds or something, and the pitches probably aren't great). 

You can send it if you'd like! I'm kind of a control freak with charting so I might change a lot of it, but it surely wouldn't hurt.

If you are interested, I have a guitar chart of Starless that I've completed to around 10 min and 50 sec. 

I appreciate the offer, though I later realized that nsw1-6 actually already had Starless mostly done and I just haven't taken it off the list yet lol.

Also, I would be willing to do G/B/K on just about any of the songs you have planned on that list (except Grimes. I don't do meme music).

Grimes isn't a meme, Grimesposters are a meme. Anyway if I'll let you know if I want to take you up on the G/B/K offer

Rpbw4bh.png

---

#18 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 263 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 10:23 AM

Really excited for your work! Mainly Radiohead, the Sufjan track and Souvlaki. Going to be awesome.

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Notable Projects:

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#19 Doxophobia

Doxophobia
  • 9 posts

Posted December 20, 2018 - 08:59 PM

That's a... pretty amazing list of planned customs. I was originally planning on doing Heaven and Weak, but it's good to know someone's already planning to do the full album. I oughta call dibs on Gleam in Ranks instead haha

Also, would totally be down for more customs from Leaves Turn Inside You as well. :D

#20 kueller

kueller
  • 125 posts

Posted December 21, 2018 - 01:45 AM

Ooh that Sufjan Stevens 3-song flow in "planned" looks really good. I can't wait to see that!

no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users