TheWizard's Spellbook of Customs [WIP Edition] [Update 3/02/2017]

Closure in Moscow Drums Them Crooked Vultures

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted March 4, 2016 - 09:58 PM

I decided to change my view from solely Closure in Moscow songs to other bands that I felt like needed more songs in RB. I've learned more in the way of charting, so I'll be going back through the CiM songs to make them generally better.

I'm aiming to expand to bands such as Phish, Them Crooked Vultures, Gorillaz, and The Presidents of the United States of America. For the most part, I like to work on songs from one band or album at a time before moving on.

Everything is listed with what instruments are charted and at which difficulties. Everything should be at its most updated version as of this post, but I will be commenting with changes as I update older customs.

Closure in Moscow

Reindeer Age -- (2x Bass Pedal) [E/M/H/X G/B/D]

Vanguard [E/M/H/X D]

A Night at the Spleen [E/M/H/X G/D]

I'm a Ghost of Twilight [E/M/H/X B/D]

Deluge [E/M/H/X G/B/D]

Afterbirth [E/M/H/X D]

Arecibo Message [E/M/H/X B/D]

Had to Put it In the Soil [E/M/H/X G/B/D]

The Fool [E/M/H/X D]

Pink Lemonade [X D]

Tacky Ornamental Slut / Neoprene Byzantine [X D]

Seeds of Gold [E/M/H/X D]

That Brahmatron Song [X D]

Dinosaur Boss Battle [X D]

Mauerbauertraurigkeit [X D]

The Church of the Technochrist [X D]

Beckon Fire [X D]

Happy Days [X D]

The Presidents of the United States of America

Love Everybody [X G/B/D]

Crown Victoria [X G/B/D]

Them Crooked Vultures

No One Loves Me & Neither Do I -- (2x Bass Pedal) [X G/B/D]

Elephants [X G/B/D]

Bandoliers [X D]

Reptiles [X D]

Warsaw Or The First Breath You Take After You Give Up [X B/D]

Gunman [X D]

Other

The World God Only Knows [X D]

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,840 posts

Posted March 4, 2016 - 11:58 PM

Welcome. :)

#3 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 475 posts

Posted March 5, 2016 - 04:58 AM

Nice to meet you. And already you're preparing quite a list.

If and when you do finish tempo mapping "Happy Days", I'd love to author that one on vocals.

Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#4 Chips

Chips
  • 415 posts

Posted March 5, 2016 - 05:14 AM

Best of luck, man. That's quite an ambitious project.

#5 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted March 5, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Welcome. :)

It's good to be here :D

Nice to meet you. And already you're preparing quite a list.

If and when you do finish tempo mapping "Happy Days", I'd love to author that one on vocals.

In that case, I'll stop obsessing over Brahmatron and Dinoboss for now and get on that

Best of luck, man. That's quite an ambitious project.

Well, I'm kind of committed now that I've told everyone I'm doing this :P

tbh I'm kind of surprised no one else got to this before me

#6 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 01:57 AM

[UPDATE 3-15-16]

I figured out mediafire and made it so the first three songs on the album can be downloaded. Be warned they're expert drums only for now. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, as these are my first attempts at charting and tempo mapping.

I'll probably be uploading the rest of what I have in the coming week.

#7 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 01:41 AM

[UPDATE 3-25-16]

Those last few songs on Pink Lemonade have been giving me more trouble than I thought they would looking at you, Dinoboss. So, instead I went and charted [again, drums only] most of the remaining songs off First Temple.

Reindeer Age

Reindeer Age 2x bass pedal

Vanguard

A Night at the Spleen

I'm a Ghost of Twilight

Deluge

Arecibo Message

As always, feel free to give input on the charts and/or add instruments as you wish!

#8 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 01:59 AM

[UPDATE 3-29-16]

Well there you go, the four remaining songs off Pink Lemonade that I have charted. Dinoboss's tempo map continues to be an unsolvable puzzle, as does Brahmatron's second half. Happy Days isn't giving me an easy time either.

Additionally, I also charted the last two songs off First Temple (well, the ones that have drums, anyway). The next logical step would be to add easy/medium/hard to all those, which I'll be doing since the last of Pink Lemonade is proving to be a pain.

Pink Lemonade

Seeds of Gold

Mauerbauertraurigkeit

The Church of the Technochrist

Beckon Fire

First Temple

Afterbirth

Had to Put it In the Soil

#9 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted April 9, 2016 - 08:31 PM

[UPDATE 4/09/16]

I'm back once again to say that I went back and charted the lower difficulties on all the First Temple songs. What's more, I added overdrive, drum fills, and practice sections.

And, last but definitely not least, Reindeer Age now has a guitar chart! That also includes overdrive and E/M/H as well. Get all them and more in the main post up at the top there~

#10 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 07:04 AM

[UPDATE 5/18/16]

Sorry about the long break there, I got lazy. As an apology, please take this updated file for Arecibo Message, which adds that awesome bass. Honestly, the audio quality for First Temple is better than Pink Lemonade by enough that I can probably competently chart either guitar or bass for the remaining songs. Vocals are still out of my league though, sorry vocalists.

But such a long break does not go without progress. I figured the tempo maps of those last three songs from Pink Lemonade that were being a pain. Dinosaur Boss Battle has been mostly charted, and I'm taking a break from Happy Days by working on the intense second half of That Brahmatron Song. That might take me a while due to the sheer amount of notes that can't simply be copy/pasted. I'll be working on those in what little time I have between school, work, and D&D. Once those three are done, I'll go back and add E/M/H to the rest of the album.

#11 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 07:17 PM

[UPDATE 5/20/16]

Well there we go, the last of Pink Lemonade is done and ready for download. And, now that I'm done charting all of them, I'll be going back and doing the lower difficulties and adding overdrive to all of them.

As the updated post title says, I'm now looking for anyone willing to chart vocals/harmonies to any of these songs. I won't ask for guitar and bass because of the lack of tabs and admittedly muddy sound mixing, but it would be nice to have more complete songs that people who don't drum can access. Plus, some of these songs have kind of awesome harmonies (looking at you, The Fool and Pink Lemonade).

Please let me know if you're interested so I can update the post accordingly, and thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out.

#12 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 01:11 AM

[UPDATE 5/24/16]

It turns out I'm quite productive when trying to put off studying for my finals. Who'd have thought.

Back for a quick update, but it's pretty big. Deluge and Had to Put it in the Soil now both have both guitar and bass charts, all difficulties, and A Night at the Spleen now has a guitar chart. I'd test all these out myself but my wii stopped loading customs and phase shift runs really slowly on this fool computer. Screw it, I'll use phase shift. It's just a shame unisons don't happen.

The bass on Deluge is kind of weird at parts because there are parts in the song with a second guitar but no bass so I charted the lower pitched guitar to bass and to be honest I like it like that.

I tried charting Night at the Spleen on bass, but I couldn't make out the bass in the choruses to save my life. But who cares, since you get that sweet questionably charted guitar solo, and that cool second verse.

Had to Put it in the Soil turned out to have more complicated guitar than I thought, and the bass looks pretty fun too.

Once I chart at least one of guitar or bass to every song on the album I'll probably put them in the 'releases' section of the forum.

That's all for this time, I'll put off working on these to actually do schoolwork so who knows when the next update will be.

#13 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 03:47 AM

I've been following your thread and grabbing the upgrades when available.  Keep at it!

#14 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 04:23 AM

Thanks! I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon, especially not when there's still an entire other album of theirs to chart.

Have you got any sort of advice or general feedback on how I've been charting these? I'm still pretty new to this whole authoring thing so I haven't figured everything out yet.

#15 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,356 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 07:46 AM

I'll have to take a look at some of your drum charts when time permits and follow up.

#16 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 08:51 PM

That would be really cool, thanks

#17 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 06:21 AM

[UPDATE 6/14/16]

It's been a while, but I'm back to put up updated files for the first four songs off Pink Lemonade. I decided against waiting until the entire album is done because I wanted to try to chart guitar/bass for a few songs.

Additionally, I'm a Ghost of Twilight now has E/M/H/X bass charts. Finally, I found a nice bass cover of Reindeer Age, which let me chart bass for an almost full band experience. I overlaid the cover onto the song, so bass should be much more audible in-game. I'll try to use that method to chart instruments that are too hard to make out on their own, at the slight risk of chart accuracy.

I think I'm just about done with First Temple, other than a couple songs that have neither guitar nor bass.

My next update will likely be the rest of Pink Lemonade, meaning it may be quite a long time before you hear from me again. It's also possible I'll update First Temple soon.

#18 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted December 17, 2016 - 06:43 AM

It's been absolute ages six months and two days to be exact but I'm back and with more customs. This time, I bring expert-only drums-mostly-only charts of six songs by Them Crooked Vultures, who I've gotten super into recently. These are all in their early stages and have practice sections but no overdrive yet. I haven't even playtested these yet due to lack of time.

• No One Loves Me & Neither Do I - I decided to go ahead and chart guitar and bass, also expert only for now. The outro might warrant making a 2x bass pedal variant of the song. I love it when the hardest part is in the last 10 seconds of a song. NOT
  • Elephants - Starts off big, and it's got a nice beat in the verses.
  • Bandoliers - Super good song. Starts off pretty simple, but watch out for the bridge.
  • Reptiles - Nothing too difficult or really noteworthy other than moderately fast bursts of kicks. Super odd sounding kazootar but I love it anyway.
  • Warsaw Or The First Breath You Take After You Give Up - My favorite of the bunch. It's got a gradual speedup in there, and after that it's a relentless beat that would probably kick my butt. Definitely my pick of the bunch.                                                                                                             --TAKEN DOWN FOR MAJOR FIX--
  • Gunman - Nothing too hard in the way of drums.

I'll most likely get to the remaining songs on the album sometime soon.

#19 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 154 posts

Posted December 17, 2016 - 11:42 AM

I will definitely enjoy playing those once they have overdrive. Great work!

My customs

#20 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 26 posts

Posted January 9, 2017 - 05:02 AM

[UPDATE 1/8/17]

For my first update of the year, I bring an update to both No One Loves Me and Elephants. As of today, both of these now have overdrive and are full band (without vocals, of course). They're both expert only on all instruments, though, so watch out.

Additionally, shortly after the last update I had to take down Warsaw because I made the mistake of using single yellow tom markers for long stretches of song, which were set back to single length when I quantized the notes. I'd have that back up but I really want to finish charting at least bass first.

Caligulove is charted but I honestly keep forgetting about it because I don't care for it much. Haven't started Interlude with Ludes for the same reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Closure in Moscow, Drums, Them Crooked Vultures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users