+ Return of Rock Band Network

Wow!

#2 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 602 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:23 PM

Well now.  Isn't that interesting.  :allears:

█▓▒░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  | Feedback  |  WiP : A Mighty Wind  ░▒▓█ 

#3 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:27 PM

Wonder how this will tie into C3, we may end up with a potentially huge custom scene and that makes me really excited for the future.

#4 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 722 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:30 PM

360%20-%20daniel_bryan%20macro%20microph

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#5 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 1,101 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:38 PM

Amazing news, I didn't think we were going to get anything new this year (game wise)

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  featuring all the best animal customs:  A Flock of Seagulls, Eagles of Death Metal, Sheepdogs, Turtles, Mouse Rat and Wolfmother.   

#6 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:38 PM

I mean...I hope this happens for the PC gamers...but Rock Band is a social/party game for the most part, IMO.  Casting from a PC to a big-screen TV will never work properly due to latency issues.  This announcement doesn't really move the needle for me at all.

#7 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:44 PM

This announcement doesn't really move the needle for me at all.

This announcement moves the needle for everyone, even those who are not realising it yet. ;)

#8 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 602 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:50 PM

The RBN tools for RB4 part sure caught my attention.

█▓▒░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  | Feedback  |  WiP : A Mighty Wind  ░▒▓█ 

#9 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 05:58 PM

I'm actually really excited about the RBN support

I wonder if all RBN stuff is paid like the 360, and also, if it will be like say, the PS3 last gen and Xbox and PS4 will get ports of the best selling songs.

#10 Maxton

Maxton
  • 62 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:02 PM

YES!!

And they're already 4% there! Very exciting news.

#11 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:11 PM

I wonder if all RBN stuff is paid like the 360, and also, if it will be like say, the PS3 last gen and Xbox and PS4 will get ports of the best selling songs.

The announcement actually details all of this.  In summary, "yes" (although you'll no longer have to pay for a license to create/upload songs), and "they hope".

#12 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:16 PM

Some of the rewards are fun.

HELICOPTER RIDES, GUYS!

#13 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 623 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:17 PM

I mean...I hope this happens for the PC gamers...but Rock Band is a social/party game for the most part, IMO.  Casting from a PC to a big-screen TV will never work properly due to latency issues.  This announcement doesn't really move the needle for me at all.

How will this be any different than playing Phase Shift Sam.

That works on my PC to 50" LG TV . 

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#14 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:21 PM

How will this be any different than playing Phase Shift Sam.

That works on my PC to 50" LG TV . 

Rock Band engine has always been so much tighter than Phase Shift, and also, vocal support.

The announcement actually details all of this.  In summary, "yes" (although you'll no longer have to pay for a license to create/upload songs), and "they hope".

It's a shame they have to be paid, would be nice to see stuff like what's come out for the GH3 PC custom scene be easily accessable through steam

#15 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 718 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:25 PM

This .... is nuts.

How open will it be I wonder? Surely they would have to guard against potential copyright infringement, which would put a severe limit on what could be legitimately modded. Or at least, on the songs that we could add. I guess at worst we could load customs into a RBN testing environment and play them that way.

But more exciting to me is non-song mods. Certainly the modding community would be able to do things like add hairstyles, clothing, instruments? What about venues, sorting options, character creation? Or the big kahunas of Keys, Pro Strings, and Online Multiplayer?

It could be huge.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#16 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,014 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:26 PM

And the're promising a lot of the currently available console DLC will be available for PC as well?  I can only imagine the headache that one gave the Harmonix lawyers!

Actually they probably salivated over it.  Plenty of billable hours!

#17 Maxton

Maxton
  • 62 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:31 PM

But more exciting to me is non-song mods. Certainly the modding community would be able to do things like add hairstyles, clothing, instruments? What about venues, sorting options, character creation?

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about that! I hope they allow user-generated hats and such.

And the're promising a lot of the currently available console DLC will be available for PC as well?

I wonder if they could convince Microsoft to allow DLC licenses to transfer to Windows 10? After all, they are really pushing for the whole unified Windows ecosystem (phone, tablet, PC, and now Xbox)

#18 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 263 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:32 PM

i  was recieved this message on my mailbox,

finally, how many plataforms is better for the game.

i dont belive it, my dream come true!

:rock:

:haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:

#19 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 718 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:33 PM

And the're promising a lot of the currently available console DLC will be available for PC as well?  I can only imagine the headache that one gave the Harmonix lawyers!

Actually they probably salivated over it.  Plenty of billable hours!

But none of the previous games will transfer. No RB1, 2, 3, Lego. That's a downer.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#20 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts

Posted March 1, 2016 - 06:43 PM

TrojanNemo is doing work over in the Reddit thread on this.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users