Welcome to House of Customs, the first customs series to be exclusively broadcast on the C3 forums! Much like a TV series, a customs series is a number of releases done on a weekly basis and grouped in seasons. House of Customs will be on every Thursday at 7 PM EST/1 AM CET/Friday 10 AM AEST and will be replayed all through the week (meaning you can download the files whenever you want...), so make space on your DVR, er... USB stick!
The first season comprises 15 episodes and will start on February 4th. I am also pleased to announce that a second season has already been booked for 13 episodes and will begin in the Fall.
Much like a TV series, House of Customs will have cool things like:
- Double and triple episodes, for releases like albums and big packs to be spread over more than 1 week
- Crossovers, where collaborations with other authors and projects will be featured
- Cliffhangers, where packs will be split over 2 seasons
- Flashback episodes, where old Rush, Beach Boys, Mr. Big, etc. charts will be released in a full band, polished format
- Spoilers. Now, this is gonna be a neat thing, because I'm gonna give in advance, for as many weeks as I can (some weeks won't have spoilers), the list of songs to be released to other authors who in their threads will have the choice of what to reveal. So, if you like House of Customs, check out all the threads in our community to get some spoilers!
So, what should you be expecting from each episode? If you know me from my C3 releases you know what to expect: some episodes will be small packs, some will be albums, some will be drums and vocals only ("booo, you suck!", I know, more on that later), some will be single songs, some will be assorted singles, etc. You can expect the usual variety of genres (season 1 alone will feature pop, prog, rock, soul, rock 'n roll and more) but don't expect a huge variety of acts because I like to work vertically and do more than a few songs from specific artists. Please remember that in no way this is a C3 effort, its a personal effort, and for that reason this project will have nowhere near the quantity and diversity of C3 releases. Please adjust the hype accordingly!
One important caveat: most of the episodes will be on a limited testing basis. I'm not gonna go into details but to get my songs out I needed to skip for some my usual in-depth testing and delegate some to Jimi369, who does a very good job of catching most issues. Every song will be updated in the future after I finished my tests. Jimi is also the reason I even entertained the idea of coming back to release my material on a steady schedule, because without his testing I wouldn't have released anything for a long time. Jimi is the coolest guy and you might remember him as the author who contributed to Hocus Pocus in our final week of releases: man, thank you so much for everything, I'm really happy you jumped aboard and Im so excited we started this project.
So, what now? Well, this is a customs series, so like every TV series I'm gonna do a small PR tour to promote it, of course! First off I'm gonna be in Australia (well, only virtually...) at Ultimate_MANG0s thread: he's released some amazing songs and also some of the most popular stuff C3 released in the final months. I'm gonna talk a bit more about the concept itself and how the TV series angle will play in customs release. So, head over to his thread on January 19th if you're curious!
Next up, well, I want to do a PR tour, and what better place to stop by than the most prolific thread around? So, Saturday January 23rd make sure to tune in to Nunchuck and Sygenysis' Customs Funhouse because I'm gonna be a guest host there! Oh yeah, you're gonna get your weekly dose of customs with a farottone twist. Those guys are so cool to let me host there, I can't wait to release the great batch of songs we prepared together!
Third stop will be Kemirochs thread. Kem is the guy who brought to you one of the most downloaded C3 packs of all time, the Rolling Stones pack. There I will be spilling the beans on something I've been thinking over for a long time and that will be attached to this new series. That's gonna be January 28th, so don't forget to head over there!
Finally, one last stop is still to be decided, I'll tell you more when and if it happens. Before you go, check this out:
Click on this button to add House of Customs episodes to your Google/Outlook/whatever calendar.
Looking forward to a great adventure and I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I'm sure I will!
- House of Customs is in no way affiliated to C3 and House of Customs releases are not C3 releases.
- House of Customs first runs may or may not have practice sections
- House of Customs is an individual project, please don't be bummed if it doesn't cure cancer or doesn't deliver a full discography each week