House of Customs - A farottone original series [December 29th - Season 2, Episode 16 - 22:25:43]

• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#1 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,708 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:20 PM

header_forum.jpg

Welcome to House of Customs, the first customs series to be exclusively broadcast on the C3 forums! Much like a TV series, a customs series is a number of releases done on a weekly basis and grouped in seasons. House of Customs will be on every Thursday at 7 PM EST/1 AM CET/Friday 10 AM AEST and will be replayed all through the week (meaning you can download the files whenever you want...), so make space on your DVR, er... USB stick!

The first season comprises 15 episodes and will start on February 4th. I am also pleased to announce that a second season has already been booked for 13 episodes and will begin in the Fall.

Much like a TV series, House of Customs will have cool things like:
- Double and triple episodes, for releases like albums and big packs to be spread over more than 1 week
- Crossovers, where collaborations with other authors and projects will be featured
- Cliffhangers, where packs will be split over 2 seasons
- Flashback episodes, where old Rush, Beach Boys, Mr. Big, etc. charts will be released in a full band, polished format
- Spoilers. Now, this is gonna be a neat thing, because I'm gonna give in advance, for as many weeks as I can (some weeks won't have spoilers), the list of songs to be released to other authors who in their threads will have the choice of what to reveal. So, if you like House of Customs, check out all the threads in our community to get some spoilers!

So, what should you be expecting from each episode? If you know me from my C3 releases you know what to expect: some episodes will be small packs, some will be albums, some will be drums and vocals only ("booo, you suck!", I know, more on that later), some will be single songs, some will be assorted singles, etc. You can expect the usual variety of genres (season 1 alone will feature pop, prog, rock, soul, rock 'n roll and more) but don't expect a huge variety of acts because I like to work vertically and do more than a few songs from specific artists. Please remember that in no way this is a C3 effort, its a personal effort, and for that reason this project will have nowhere near the quantity and diversity of C3 releases. Please adjust the hype accordingly! :)

One important caveat: most of the episodes will be on a limited testing basis. I'm not gonna go into details but to get my songs out I needed to skip for some my usual in-depth testing and delegate some to Jimi369, who does a very good job of catching most issues. Every song will be updated in the future after I finished my tests. Jimi is also the reason I even entertained the idea of coming back to release my material on a steady schedule, because without his testing I wouldn't have released anything for a long time. Jimi is the coolest guy and you might remember him as the author who contributed to Hocus Pocus in our final week of releases: man, thank you so much for everything, I'm really happy you jumped aboard and Im so excited we started this project.

So, what now? Well, this is a customs series, so like every TV series I'm gonna do a small PR tour to promote it, of course! First off I'm gonna be in Australia (well, only virtually...) at Ultimate_MANG0s thread: he's released some amazing songs and also some of the most popular stuff C3 released in the final months. I'm gonna talk a bit more about the concept itself and how the TV series angle will play in customs release. So, head over to his thread on January 19th if you're curious!

Next up, well, I want to do a PR tour, and what better place to stop by than the most prolific thread around? So, Saturday January 23rd make sure to tune in to Nunchuck and Sygenysis' Customs Funhouse because I'm gonna be a guest host there! Oh yeah, you're gonna get your weekly dose of customs with a farottone twist. :) Those guys are so cool to let me host there, I can't wait to release the great batch of songs we prepared together!

Third stop will be Kemirochs thread. Kem is the guy who brought to you one of the most downloaded C3 packs of all time, the Rolling Stones pack. There I will be spilling the beans on something I've been thinking over for a long time and that will be attached to this new series. That's gonna be January 28th, so don't forget to head over there!

Finally, one last stop is still to be decided, I'll tell you more when and if it happens. :) Before you go, check this out:

calendar_button.jpg

Click on this button to add House of Customs episodes to your Google/Outlook/whatever calendar. :)

Looking forward to a great adventure and I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I'm sure I will! :)

DISCLAIMER
  • House of Customs is in no way affiliated to C3 and House of Customs releases are not C3 releases.
  • House of Customs first runs may or may not have practice sections
  • House of Customs is an individual project, please don't be bummed if it doesn't cure cancer or doesn't deliver a full discography each week

#2 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,708 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:20 PM

header_forum.jpg
IkWybGT.jpg

season1.jpg

pclHSB1.jpg
nIX9djL.jpg
lEh2OOg.jpg
ngrTIu2.jpg
FqvBj9J.jpg
uIqxVYj.jpg
3dk8jGY.jpg
THROQxt.jpg
MLYNAs4.jpg
DcMrcCq.jpg
TGjZOx2.jpg
QtvSnhU.jpg
znlBpQf.jpg
2kKiMbL.jpg
LQBtj6a.jpg

season2.jpg

36FLdmC.jpg
ghUDJOr.jpg
0Q5rMFy.jpg
rSB5Qhg.jpg
Cem5q7x.jpg
0907IAe.jpg
nhj56J2.jpg
l6S1hEH.jpg
NtP7thb.jpg
prpgJ3K.jpg
wC0DOhd.jpg
wXJVYws.jpg
JO7nocX.jpg
RQGZQs9.jpg
SCfLx1S.jpg

#3 Rockin Rindy

Rockin Rindy
  • 89 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:26 PM

Can't wait Fattone, Looking forward to Thursdays.

RockinRindy

#4 titiln

titiln

GHtoRB3 Project

• 64 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:34 PM

Can't wait Fattone

thank you joey fattone

#5 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 789 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:37 PM

:rock: Sounds awesome Farottone, Look forward to this project :rock:

If you could use ANY kind of help from an "old & useless at charting" kind of guy don't hesitate to ask

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  Bono

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

#6 Freewaymad

Freewaymad
  • 316 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:13 PM

This is gonna be awesome.

#7 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,637 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:32 PM

Well, was I right or not? I think I was right.

#8 rcale

rcale
  • 207 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:39 PM

This... this is just wonderful news. I love TV and I love customs. (I sort of love Farottone too, even though that sounds a bit weird and overly familiar). So this is a pretty good combo all things considered.

#9 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock
  • 461 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:40 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=arZdeg_fL-I

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#10 jloboc

jloboc
  • 218 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:46 PM

Wow House of Customs sounds like a very cool concept and look forward to the PR tour and of course S1E01  :)

Saludos!!!

#11 EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon
  • 137 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:01 PM

I hope the ratings are good enough. You never know with these cancel-happy networks. I could handle losing Last Resort, but not this!

#12 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,708 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:04 PM

I hope the ratings are good enough. You never know with these cancel-happy networks. I could handle losing Last Resort, but not this!

I've got written confirmation for season 2, I'm gonna fight this in court if somebody pulls the plug!

#13 Zanny77

Zanny77
  • 98 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:14 PM

this looks amazing! And a very fun theme for releasing weekly customs! I can't wait to see what you release and I applaud all the effort that is going into this! :excited: :excited: :golfclap: :golfclap: :excited: :excited:

✧~Come check out my Custom song thread!~✧

♪♪♪~ http://pksage.com/cc...-for-next-pack/ ~♪♪♪

☞ Latest pack: Emo Kid 3-Pack! (3/5/16) Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

#14 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,155 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:15 PM

The amount of thought and coordination built into this project is insane.  I know we shouldn't be surprised anymore, but...damn.  This is awesome.

Also, I can't wait until this guy shows up!

Ted%20McGinley-1.JPG

#15 mcatrn

mcatrn
  • 277 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:26 PM

I am so happy.

#16 iammax

iammax
  • 583 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:04 PM

The master back at the forge, awesome!

#17 tails4eva

tails4eva
  • 797 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:15 PM

;) hopefully were still gonna connect on a song, we said we would kinda release at the same time, pm me mate.

#18 hamburgerjung

hamburgerjung
  • 249 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:17 PM

Good to see you back as our Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine! :shobon:

I'm glad you decided to share your marvellous song database with us right now.

Can't wait for your first release!

Let me know if you need anybody to transfer the stuff to PS3 version like we did in the past... :dance:

Posted Image

#19 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:37 PM

BueMh.gif

I'm waiting for the pilot :hocuspocus:

#20 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 581 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:39 PM

So... is that blood of Farrotone's hands or just crushed red gems?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users