Banshee's Customs - 9/21/18: C3G & C3X songs

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted May 4, 2016 - 10:04 PM

If this is an Elton-centered pack, I think the ambiguity of the ending of "Rocket Man" would be a great cliffhanger to leave on.

And too bad HMX has already done it, because the opener of season 2 would naturally have to have been "The Bitch is Back" ;)

#42 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 283 posts

Posted May 5, 2016 - 12:00 AM

So based on the pictures, we have "Levon", "Someone Saved My Life Tonight", and "Tiny Dancer". What's the other two? 

#43 glarms

glarms
  • 422 posts

Posted May 5, 2016 - 12:09 AM

Releasing a monarch butterfly - perhaps Princess Di Inspired "Candle in The Wind"

#44 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 283 posts

Posted May 5, 2016 - 12:12 AM

Releasing a monarch butterfly - perhaps Princess Di Inspired "Candle in The Wind"

Pretty sure butterfly is a reference to "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" (per the lyrics).

#45 glarms

glarms
  • 422 posts

Posted May 5, 2016 - 12:15 AM

Pretty sure butterfly is a reference to "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" (per the lyrics).

Don't know how I missed that. I was trying to read too much into it.

#46 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 783 posts

Posted May 5, 2016 - 01:53 AM

We absolutely need more EJ, not just for the keys but for the vocals.  SO many great songs.

I've got my DVR set to record, I'm not missing this one!

:dance:    :excited:    :dance:

#47 budokagamer

budokagamer
  • 101 posts

Posted May 9, 2016 - 11:41 PM

:haw:  :haw:  :haw:  :haw:  SiR Elton j. :rock:  :rock:  :rock: 

Thanks guys!!!!!

#48 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted May 10, 2016 - 02:57 PM

I think it's pretty great that the infamous "-VX-" thread winds up with a happy ending.  I'm glad to see that the pro keys work done in those can be re-purposed in a way that will make the vast majority of readers here very, very happy.  Elton is one of the titans of popular music, so this release is a pretty big deal.  Thanks to Farottone, Banshee, and the long gone, but not forgotten, -VX-, for making this happen.  Very psyched for tomorrow.

#49 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,381 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Very psyched for tomorrow.

You sent me in a complete freakout, just so you know. "Wait what? Tomorrow is Thursday?!" Luckily, it's not. :)

#50 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,342 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hey all,

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this but at this point I don't have much of a choice.

It turned out the last few weeks of the spring semester of college were an absolute mess. The most stressful and time-hogging semester so far. I finally finished today (Tuesday) but I didn't get nearly the start on the Eliminator album I was hoping for.

Basically it comes down to this:

1. I release on time, but it will be expert-only until I can get reductions done a few days later.
  2. I take at most five more days (so the project will release on the 20th at most) with full reductions.

I'd prefer the latter since it would give me time to get you not only complete songs, but potentially higher-quality ones. I know ultimately it's up to me, but I would like your input nonetheless. Would you rather #1 or #2?

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#51 glarms

glarms
  • 422 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 09:05 PM

I would pick number 2 with the finished product

#52 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 283 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 09:08 PM

Number 2 is the only real option.

#53 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 783 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 09:14 PM

2. We can wait.

#54 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,381 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 09:39 PM

Always go for #2 when you can.

#55 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 546 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 09:53 PM

#2 would be best.

#56 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,342 posts

Posted May 11, 2016 - 03:31 AM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well.

Thanks guys. I was hoping not to pull a Valve and delay everything but it's either that or you don't get the quality I'm wanting to give you guys.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#57 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,342 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys,

As a result of me delaying the Eliminator release, I have decided to give you guys an apology song for the late-ness.

I know what you're thinking. "Why don't you just finish ZZ Top rather than spend time charting a new song?" Good point, however this song was almost finished before I even started ZZ Top, so I haven't really taken much time from the ZZ Top release. I'm still aiming for the 20th of May on that, hopefully I'll be able to stick to it.

Anyway, this is the sixth single and one of my personal favorites from the Eyes Open album, "Shut Your Eyes". It's a simple series of repeated riffs on the surface, but if you listen you can hear all sorts of intricate music pieces from multiple guitar and keys parts. It's a nice relaxing song to play, and is a great party song. If you have other band members with you, hook up two more mics and make them double up. The harmony part is short and simple.

I'm pretty proud of this one, particularly the keys. Took me a lot of live videos to piece together what Tom SImpson plays. It's a very awesome chord progression. Speaking of live, this song is pretty entertaining to watch because of Snow Patrol's interaction with the audience. Check it out sometime.

Anyway, I'll shut up. Here's "Shut Your Eyes" and keep an eye out for the ZZ Top coming soon!

wdU0DXH.jpg

Audio edits: None

Much thanks to Ultimate_MANG0 for another awesome venue!

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#58 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for this song and thanks for make a Phase Shift link

And thanks for do manual reductions, but I think that the HME dificulties for drums are very HARD

#59 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,342 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for this song and thanks for make a Phase Shift link

And thanks for do manual reductions, but I think that the HME dificulties for drums are very HARD

I'll rework the drum difficulty once I have some free time.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#60 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,342 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hey guys, so I'm a liar an a damned fool. By that I mean I truly apologize but the project won't be ready for another few days. What I've learned from this is to never set release dates on projects.

Think of it this way, you'll get more quality for your time!

Edit: For justification, it didn't occur to me that the current version of "Gimmie All Your Lovin'" in the database is actually a cover. So I'm adding that to my release hence the few days I'll need to complete it.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users