Banshee's Customs - 12/18/19: Neil Young!

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#81 VOC Sonder NL

VOC Sonder NL
  • 164 posts

Posted July 1, 2016 - 10:04 PM

Yes you did it!

Great songs from ZZTop. Don't know all songs, but ofcourse sharp dressed man, legs, give me all you loving and tv dinners.

Gonna be a lot of fun playing these and you did keys too.

My girlfriend is excited with that :)

(and a step closer towards the tears for fears project ;) )

Fantastic release this week!

#82 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,598 posts

Posted July 2, 2016 - 01:09 AM

It seems ZZ Top don't like giving out their master recordings to gaming company's.  Great choice of artist to work on because its still not apparent that we'll see this band officially in RB4.

#83 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,582 posts

Posted July 2, 2016 - 01:25 AM

Thank you all so much for your kind words! It definitely makes the hours put into the songs worth it knowing you guys are pleased with the result.

Do you have plans for more ZZ Top? I wouldn't complain if you completed "La Grange".

Not as yet. Kinda drained on ZZ Top for the moment, but I'll talk to Sideshow/oscarj08 about making "La Grange" full band in the future.

So, I just loaded these and none of these work, you're gonna have to redo them from scratch. Thank you in advance, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Nah it's too late. I've already gone into hibernation. Currently have a script that deletes system 32 if I decide to work on ZZ Top again and click on REAPER.exe.

Thank you very much, Bansheeflyer! This is my spouse's favorite ZZ Top album! I know we will be jamming these songs!

Also, I want to extend a big Thank You to you and MFX for "One Thing Leads to Another" by The Fixx! I know it's kind of late, but I just recently joined (been a wallflower for a very long time).

Your spouse has good taste. On behalf of MFX we both thank you! It's a great song and very fun to play.

Yes you did it!

Great songs from ZZTop. Don't know all songs, but ofcourse sharp dressed man, legs, give me all you loving and tv dinners.

Gonna be a lot of fun playing these and you did keys too.

My girlfriend is excited with that :)

(and a step closer towards the tears for fears project ;) )

Fantastic release this week!

I know, it's finally done! :D Your girlfriend seems like an awesome person. Glad I was able to make you both happy!

Songs From the Big Chair is now definitely in my sights, but first I have quite a few collabs built up that I haven't fulfilled and I'm gaining the reputation of "that guy likes to help but he never actually does" so I'm gonna finish those before I do anything else. :P

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#84 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 623 posts

Posted July 2, 2016 - 02:40 PM

Thanks a bunch for the ZZ top songs. 

Great beer drinking jams ! 

Nice work......  :)

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#85 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,582 posts

Posted July 3, 2016 - 05:03 AM

Thank you all once again for your kind words. It definitely means a lot to me.

I'm gonna take the opportunity for an announcement.

I've noticed songs are often instantly five-lighter rated in the customs section upon release, not because of the quality of the custom but to the fact that it was a custom that the person was looking for. It is definitely very flattering and I appreciate it very much that you guys are enthusiastic about my customs. Seriously. :D

However, I do request that at least with my customs the rating system is used as intended as actual feedback based on the quality of my customs. While I do like seeing full ratings as a result of appreciation for the songs release, ratings based on quality are more useful to me as a charter. It allows me to evaluate my charting ability so that I can keep doing what you guys like or improve what you don't.

With that in mind, anyone who downloads my customs and feels less than five-lighter satisfaction I very much request that you contact me with constructive criticism. These customs are for me as much as they are for you, which means I ultimately decide how I feel they should be charted but also means that your input makes a significant impact on how I may deliver the best of quality while trying to appeal to everyone's expectations. I don't mind seeing less than five-lighter ratings at all but it pains me that someone saw room for improvement and I don't know what that may be so I cannot improve.

So again, please give me feedback on something you would like to see changed or improved, whether you post it on the custom itself or in this thread or as a PM (the latter of which will be treated anonymously). I want to emphasize that I'm very open to criticism or ideas for improvement as long as they're not rude and I will not think of you any differently - in fact I'll appreciate you being honest. I want to bring you all quality customs and while I know I cannot make everyone happy, I sure can try dangit!

Anyway thank you all for reading and be on the lookout. There are one or two single songs that I had promised others I'd do long ago and they're close to finished - expect them soon.

Thank you all,

Bansheeflyer

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#86 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 790 posts

Posted July 3, 2016 - 03:08 PM

Back in 1984 my pal Charlie and I used to get all dressed up in our Levis Cords and button-up shirts and listen to the Eliminator album as we drove to the mall or cruised the beach in my '71 Nova to scam the ladies. Awww yeah!

Thanks for this, Banshee, that time machine called "music" is transporting me back to my youth again!

#87 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted July 6, 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thank you all once again for your kind words. It definitely means a lot to me.

[edited for space]

Congrats for your work, releasing (almost) a full album all by yourself is a pretty strong accomplishment that you can be proud of and thanked for.

I'll try to give you feedback for Gimme all your loving and Sharp dressed man once I've played those.

#88 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,582 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 04:04 AM

Hey all!

After seeing this requested an unfathomable amount of times I decided to see what the fuss was all about. I listened to and loved The Cars' self-titled album but never really explored outside of that. Normally I don't care much for ballads but this one grew on me quickly and I decided what the hell and charted it in a few days.

So here it is!

KK3HPeN.jpg

Audio Edits: None

I want to point out that I prefer a fair amount of realism for my charts and as such I have charted the guitar to what the guitar actually plays in the song which is more of a percussive muted strum. If that's too boring and you want to chart some of the unused synth (which there's a crap-ton by the way, at least four different keyboards are used in this song), feel free to take my chart and change it as you see fit to make guitar a little more interesting to play. Otherwise, it's a pretty fun song for keys and vocals, although the latter can be quite tricky especially with harmonies until you get the pitches correct.

Okay, I'm seriously going back to finishing my collabs. Really.

Enjoy!

--Bansheeflyer

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#89 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,598 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 04:43 AM

Awesome release.  Another Cars song I have in mind to do eventually is Hello Again. 

#90 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,122 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 05:01 AM

Nice release

#91 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 05:15 AM

Thanks for sharing Banshee

It has been in my "to do" folder forever

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

Rock with the Doc at c3Universe

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  

Bono

#92 k-mac

k-mac
  • 253 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 04:18 PM

Thank you so much Banshee!  The Cars are one of the best bands of all time.  If you don't know much outside of their debut album, their second, Candy-O is just as good after a few listens.  From the album this song (Drive) is on, check out You Might Think - catchy as heck.

#93 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 919 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I remember when I first heard this tune (I wasn't a huge fan of theirs' but dug lots of the well known stuff, The Cars had a fresh and very energetic sound for the time, and they were all over the radio) I thought....."man, I really like this ballad, really nice song.....but I can't figure out why it sounds familiar to me, maybe it's a cover of an older song from when I was a kid. I'm gonna have to go to the record store and get this song"......I was pretty surprised to find that it was the Cars and as a result, I bought all their albums. 

Moral of the story: Don't be satisfied with just the popular stuff. If you do, then you'll never know how really well "Moving in Stereo" pairs up with a couple of good killer bong hits! :D

Thanks for the slice, Mr. Flya!

If I appear to be a little "off center", pay it no mind.

It's just the nogrognophobia kicking in.................

I have this morbid, unreasonable fear that the rum's run dry! :D

#94 rcale

rcale
  • 435 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 04:14 PM

Thank you for this. I love this record, have done for years. Much appreciated.

#95 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 914 posts

Posted August 23, 2016 - 12:47 AM

You da man, Banshee.  Unless you're not a man, in which case you're still da man but in a completely gender-inclusive politically correct way.  Whichever applies, thank you for "Drive"!

#96 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,582 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 04:08 AM

Thank you so much Banshee!  The Cars are one of the best bands of all time.  If you don't know much outside of their debut album, their second, Candy-O is just as good after a few listens.  From the album this song (Drive) is on, check out You Might Think - catchy as heck.

I heard Candy-O was pretty good and I've been meaning to listen to it but never got around to it. I might end up doing more Cars from Candy-O and Heartbeat City eventually.

Moral of the story: Don't be satisfied with just the popular stuff. If you do, then you'll never know how really well "Moving in Stereo" pairs up with a couple of good killer bong hits! :D

Bye Bye Love -> Moving in Stereo -> All Mixed Up is one of my favorite multi-song transitions ever (closely following Space Intro -> Fly Like an Eagle -> Wild Mountain Honey).

You da man, Banshee.  Unless you're not a man, in which case you're still da man but in a completely gender-inclusive politically correct way.  Whichever applies, thank you for "Drive"!

Haha, I think that's one of those times where gender doesn't really come into play. Like referring to someone as "that guy" when you don't know them. Just a placeholder rather than a description. :P

Thank you all for your kind comments (as well as you folks who posted on the custom page in the DB). It means a lot to me!

Keep on the lookout for a few single songs in the near future.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#97 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,491 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted August 29, 2016 - 04:58 PM

I've never done an illicit drug in my life, and I think "Moving in Stereo" has one of the most atmospheric opening grooves of any song I've ever heard.

And of course it's impossible to decouple from it's infamous usage in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", too.

#98 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 919 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 10:50 PM

I've never done an illicit drug in my life, and I think "Moving in Stereo" has one of the most atmospheric opening grooves of any song I've ever heard.

And of course it's impossible to decouple from it's infamous usage in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", too.

But that's just it Sam........that atmospheric opening groove is so much more "atmospheric" when coupled with Cannabis Indica,  Drop by this way and as my guest, I can prove it to you...and not to worry, out this way it's no longer 'illicit'.

As for the second part of your post, somehow I WANT to agree but just can't remember why..... 

....something to do with B.B.s? ... Cakes?.... Capes?...OH!...and a Majestic Unveiling! :D

If I appear to be a little "off center", pay it no mind.

It's just the nogrognophobia kicking in.................

I have this morbid, unreasonable fear that the rum's run dry! :D

#99 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,491 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted August 30, 2016 - 02:02 AM

As for the second part of your post, somehow I WANT to agree but just can't remember why..... 

....something to do with B.B.s? ... Cakes?.... Capes?...OH!...and a Majestic Unveiling! :D

fasttimes6.png

#100 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,582 posts

Posted September 4, 2016 - 07:13 AM

Hello again.

As said I'm gonna release a few singles before my next project and here's one of them. The song is the pinnacle to Scott Pilgrim's life, Ramona Flowers, written by none other than Beck himself for the 2010 film based on the well-known (or at least well-known after 2010) comic book series.

This was originally requested...what, half a year ago? I said it would be done in a few weeks...whoops! Anyway this is dedicated to the subject of the initial request, the then-newborn daughter of one of our fellow C3 members who bears the same name (and a pretty name at that). Congrats to LightBob and his wife!

ej4MfXr.jpg

Audio Edits: None

Edit: Oh hey it's post #100. Neat.

Edited by Bansheeflyer, September 4, 2016 - 07:34 AM.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users