What was your first Harmonix game?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 PikminGuts92

PikminGuts92
  • 137 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 01:33 AM

Guitar Hero 3 ... Back when I played on a controller!

Guitar Hero 3 was actually developed by Neversoft. It came out the same year Rock Band 1 did. Harmonix's last GH game was Encore: Rocks the 80's.

#22 AddyMilldike

AddyMilldike
  • 322 posts

Posted April 21, 2016 - 08:38 AM

My first Harmonix game was EyeToy: AntiGrav. It was all right.

ZipZapZoop.png

#23 RainbowDash321

RainbowDash321
  • 23 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 04:06 PM

Guitar Hero 2 PS2.....I played Guitar Hero first before GH2 came out. Best songs in the setlist like Shout at the Devil, Woman, Free Bird, Sweet Child O' Mine, and more. Good Ole Days. My very first song played on GH "I Love Rock N' Roll" on Easy. I use to play that song over and over. I remember failing songs on Expert like Freya, Because it's Midnite, Cowboys from Hell, Woman. Now I can 5 star songs on Expert and 100% them. Guitar Hero 1, 2, and Rock's the 80's are my most memorable music games. Now I love Rock band 3 and play that game the most than Rock band 1 and 2. Now we have C3.....I got most of my memorable songs on there from GH.

#24 Alternity

Alternity
  • 448 posts

Posted June 2, 2016 - 02:40 PM

First HMX game would be RB1 (unless I played an older HMX game that I don't know was made by HMX; haven't played older GH than GH3, though) wii version. Since then, I never really went back to GH, their charting fells awkward TBH.

Though, first rhythm games ever would be DDR, ITG, GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, BeatMania before even playing GH :)

#25 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 623 posts

Posted June 2, 2016 - 07:02 PM

The first Harmonix game I played was Rock Band on the XBox 360.  The first I actually owned was Rock Band on the PlayStation 2.  I had seen Guitar Hero but had decided I didn't want to "waste" my time on "fake" guitar.  Then one weekend at a convention, I got hold of the drum sticks an the microphone for Rock Band and discovered, wait a minute, this is actually fun, and unlike that "fake" guitar stuff this can actually help me learn how to drum and sing.  I didn't yet have a 360, so I bought the PS2 kit instead.  And then I discovered, wait a minute, where's all the rest of the cool songs I got to play?  That's when I learned about DLC and how the PS2 doesn't have it!  Soon after that I bought an XBox 360 and another Rock Band kit.  I've been on board ever since.  Oh yeah, I also eventually got off my high horse about "fake" guitar and have had a lot of fun "wasting" time on those instruments as well.  xkcd showed me the error of my ways.

#26 Khaos52

Khaos52
  • 8 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 02:56 PM

My son brought GH1 (PS2) and a red Guitar over for Thanksgiving,  we played that game for over 6 hours.  I bought the 2 guitar pack that day and the rest is history.  My family has bought every GH and RB game since.  I think my favorite moment was at Best Buy when they had those huge displays out.  I'm much older than the average player, but used to be really good.  I'd wait till some young punk would start playing on medium, thinking he was a rock god and ask to join.  I would switch to expert and blow them away.  Good for an old guy's ego at the time.

#27 BigBananaDealer

BigBananaDealer
  • 42 posts

Posted September 6, 2016 - 11:34 PM

My uncle bought me GH2 out of nowhere sometime it was released, been hooked ever since

#28 kueller

kueller
  • 33 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Guitar Hero 2, at someone else's place. Put some good time into that (as much as I could). I may have seen a bit of GH1 since I remember GH2 actually being released. First HMX game I bought was RB2, as I skipped RB1 and went through that later for the novelty. Most of my early rhythm game hours however went into GH3 where I got comfortable with expert.

#29 BlaqkAudio

BlaqkAudio
  • 40 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 06:30 AM

Guitar hero 2 when I was over at a friends but I really only played it like twice. It wasn't until Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP that made me love the music genre forever.

At first we pushed the microphone away - "I'm not singing, YOU sing...".  

I found this hilarious because it's so true. Singing is fun but nobody really wanted to do it in front of their friends at first. I remember my friends and I used to roshambo to see who would get the instrument of their choice. The loser of all three games got the mic and man, we would mock that person so much. Good times.

My WIPs - Pink Guy full album, Sia, Juice Newton

PSN: BlaqkAudio54

Xbox: BlaqkAudio64

Steam: /id/blaqkaudio321123

#30 Ixidor

Ixidor
  • 48 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 04:33 AM

Guitar hero 3, long time ago, where I live it was pretty rare to have guitars, they were expensive and not common at all.

Hopefully here they rent for hours using it and let you try it, so i waste most of my pocket money when I was a kid trying to beat some of the songs, you know the infamous Through the fires and flames and a few others, playing this game made me realize and discover a few bands that I haven't tried yet at that moment.

A few years after that one American guy, his name was Richard, opened a rent place where you could play rock band in personal box, pretty cheap, it was like 3 bucks per hour, hours and hours of fun with my friends and getting hype for the DLC that was going out.

Welp thats kind of all, now i have a jailbreak ps3 and some saturdays my friends and I get together, and go full volume until the sun comes up(here no one bothers about the noise), it's pretty cool.

#31 Bloke

Bloke
  • 36 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 05:46 PM

Rock Band 2. I played it when I was 5 or 6. I tried the drums, but I was really bad at it. Now I just can't stop playing drums. In fact, I got a drumset a couple of years ago. Rock Band 2 is my favorite game to this day.

There's something wrong with my computer, but once I get it fixed, you can expect customs from me. Just don't expect them to be any good, though.
fNl9bRe.gif

#32 Dangus

Dangus
  • 56 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 06:34 PM

Pretty sure it was GH2, but decided to go back to GH1 and work my way up once I passed every song (didnt try to FC them or anything)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users