What was your first Harmonix game?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted January 11, 2016 - 10:59 PM

My first Harmonix game was Frequency for PS2, then I played the first Guitar Hero and finaly, the best game for me, Rock Band

#2 MFX

MFX
  • 389 posts

Posted January 11, 2016 - 11:26 PM

Actually, mine was probably one of their installation pieces at Disney World.

(That is, so long as "instilling a sense of play" counts for being a "game"...)

#3 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,466 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 02:16 AM

I discovered and played Guitar Hero 1 a few months before Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2 was released. 

#4 Chaotic Haze

Chaotic Haze
  • 43 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 03:24 AM

GH2 on the ps2. Sweet Child o' Mine, Less talk more rokk, Free Bird, and YYZ was my life!

#5 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 04:22 AM

Guitar Hero 2 as well. When I got my Xbox 360 it was an unspoken law to get Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and to a lesser extent, GH2, so I got all three.

Needless to say I do not regret any of those choices.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#6 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 11:24 AM

...Rock Band 2. i've always been late to the party when it comes to video games.  :sweatdrop:

< my customs >

< latest release: White Town and Chromeo >

#7 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,331 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted January 12, 2016 - 05:49 PM

First one that I bought was Rock Band 2.  I bought an Xbox 360 just for that one.

First HMX game I played was the original Guitar Hero.  It was...rad.

#8 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 622 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 05:59 PM

I had always been a PC gamer !

Until I played Guitar Hero 2 at a friends house. Told him if they every make a game like this with drums, I'd be all over it.

Then I discovered Rock Band 1. Went the next day purchased a Rock Band 1 full band pack & Xbox 360 "Been Hooked " ever since.....

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#9 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,748 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 06:17 PM

I started with TBRB as my first game from Harmonix...and that was in January of 2011. Then I got RB3, and then all the other games to import into RB3, and the rest is history. I never played GH1/GH2 except maybe at arcades?

#10 beard216

beard216
  • 1,873 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 09:56 PM

I had their PC program, "The Axe" back in the 90's. My dad and I used to mess around with that thing so much. :D Think like digital guitar pedals before digital guitar pedals and stuff. Lol.

Then Amplitude. 

THEN GUITAR HERO! *been history ever since*

*reads wikipedia* I guess I was one of 300 people who purchased "The Axe". :o I guess you can say I was an early investor! Ha!

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#11 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 496 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 11:19 PM

Amplitude and Karaoke Revolution.
Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#12 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,088 posts

Posted January 20, 2016 - 05:55 PM

I played GH2 on a kiosk at Wal-Mart, and I remember having fun, even if I was a bit confused at first. Then a few years later I got Rock Band 2, and fell in love with it.

#13 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 323 posts

Posted February 9, 2016 - 08:22 AM

For me it was Guitar Hero 2 as well, but on Playstation 2 with a regular controller. That already clicked immensely.
Then there was a deal on Neversoft's Guitar Hero 3 bundled with 2 guitar controllers.
On june 24th in 2011 I ordered Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 after buying 2 discounted and repackaged Band Hero sets.

That might have been the point where it all went wrong special and I unwittingly started on my quest to live in a house built entirely from plastic instruments.
(Maybe I should ask Trojan Nemo and Farottone to have a look at the building plans of their respective dwellings ;) )

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#14 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 40 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Rock Band 1.  I watched some guys play GH that got knocked out of a poker game I was at (it wasn't long before I had to sit and watch). My wife and I had just had our first baby along with 2 girls she worked with.  Us husbands were kind of forced upon each other and we would play Wii while the wives talked and the babies sat in a corner in their carriers.  So I bought Rock Band to mix it up.  At first we pushed the microphone away - "I'm not singing, YOU sing...".  Now it's game on and we have every RB release and around 800 paid downloads.  We suck, but loads of laughs especially attempting to harmonize.  C3 was like finding gold!

#15 PopGoesRockBand

PopGoesRockBand
  • 831 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 04:18 PM

Guitar hero: Rock's the 80s and RB1 around the same time

#16 b4mv

b4mv
  • 262 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 09:09 PM

Amplitude!

#17 PikminGuts92

PikminGuts92
  • 138 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 03:12 AM

The original Guitar Hero on PS2. My cousin owned it and the first song I played was "I Love Rock N' Roll" on easy. Now I can 5 gold star it on expert pro guitar in Rock Band 3. I love HMX because their games exposed me to so much music and helped me become a self-defined 'musician'.

#18 Hecta

Hecta
  • 55 posts

Posted April 1, 2016 - 02:46 AM

Guitar Hero 2 on PS2, with joysticks of course, till this day one of my favorite Harmonix games of all time, amazing setlist

#19 Louey7

Louey7
  • 35 posts

Posted April 6, 2016 - 06:59 PM

Guitar Hero 3 ... Back when I played on a controller!

#20 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted April 6, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Guitar Hero 3 ... Back when I played on a controller!

When my first GH2 controller broke I was forced to resort to use a controller for several months...I ended up playing better on a controller than a guitar.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users