Fieldy92's WiP Customs (12/25 - New Projects, including 1989 and Bastille Packs)

Grace Potter Poe The Lonely Island Bastille Ariana Grande Imagine Dragons Taylor Swift

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 784 posts

Posted December 25, 2015 - 06:49 AM

Guys guys it's just reductions, I'm not charting from scratch ;)

All I'm doing is reductions, a venue and general tips and fixes

kFntCK9.jpg

#22 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 05:04 PM

It's here! "Demons" update is live. Mango's done a fantastic job with this custom. If you've already downloaded the first version, you should check this one out, as it's now sporting reductions, harmonies, a cool venue, and a few other changes that really add to the experience. Thanks again Mango!

sNVGbKv.jpg

http://pksage.com/cc..._/demons-r10491

#23 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,401 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted December 29, 2015 - 07:12 PM

Cool, thanks guys!

#24 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Mango for the Update on Demons!!

#25 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 784 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 12:53 AM

Thanks Mango for the Update on Demons!!

Anytime :)

kFntCK9.jpg

#26 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 12:14 AM

More customs! These ones don't have reductions or harmonies (yet) but otherwise they're very playable.

First up is the KONGOS track "Come With Me Now," one of the biggest alt-rock radio hits of 2014 and a favorite track of mine. You might know it from its rhythm game debut in Guitar Hero Live. It's got a killer accordion solo, too, which you can't say about many RB songs.

Ga6wlW8.jpg

http://pksage.com/cc...h-me-now-r10683

On to the second one. I can't believe we got so many Taylor Swift customs and nobody charted this song. With a catchy beat and a brief foray into dubstep, of all things, this is one of Taylor's poppier songs off her album Red.

Jh5mVXs.jpg

http://pksage.com/cc...-trouble-r10682

Hope you guys enjoy!

#27 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 03:39 PM

How are you charting/compliling these? They don't seem to be compiled through MagmaC3 meaning they aren't getting wipe proof IDs and the custom refuses to show once I change it to have one...

Also, if you aren't using the C3 template (judging by the mid you haven't?) CAT probably won't work, I managed to get it working on I Knew You Were Trouble by merging your midi with the template and adjusting

#28 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,300 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 04:30 PM

How are you charting/compliling these? They don't seem to be compiled through MagmaC3 meaning they aren't getting wipe proof IDs and the custom refuses to show once I change it to have one...

Magma C3 can compile fine with a custom ID that is not cache wipe proof.

#29 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,823 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 04:49 PM

He's using the original Magma, for whatever reason, and then converting the RBA to CON. Bad idea but oh well.

#30 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,300 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 04:50 PM

He's using the original Magma, for whatever reason, and then converting the RBA to CON. Bad idea but oh well.

In which case, yes, very bad idea.

#31 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 04:56 PM

Thought the "converted" text in the description was odd... either way, rebuilt and it's working fine how I want it now, probably gonna try fix up the drum chart a little more (already made some edits).

Thanks for charting it anyways Fieldy, if you want my .mid/con just give me a heads up

#32 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 07:58 PM

Can you guys elaborate on where I'm going wrong? I am using the tools from the "List of Authoring Stuff" thread (including C3 Magma and the C3 custom template in Reaper) so I'm not sure what gives the impression that I'm not? I'm also following Farottone's tutorial as best I can, but it's possible I may have misconstrued some instructions. If we're not supposed to convert the RBA files to CON files, what are we supposed to do with them?

I haven't had any issues so far with the songs showing up in game, even when updating with beard and Mango's reductions. The songs themselves play just fine too - no hiccups from what I've observed. Has anyone else run into any issues?

Sorry to ask so many questions - you guys are the experts here. I'm still a newbie at this and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly in the future.  :shobon:

#33 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,300 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Can you guys elaborate on where I'm going wrong? I am using the tools from the "List of Authoring Stuff" thread (including C3 Magma and the C3 custom template in Reaper) so I'm not sure what gives the impression that I'm not? I'm also following Farottone's tutorial as best I can, but it's possible I may have misconstrued some instructions. If we're not supposed to convert the RBA files to CON files, what are we supposed to do with them?

Sorry to ask so many questions - you guys are the experts here. I'm still a newbie at this and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly in the future.  :shobon:

Asking questions is great, it's the way to go. :)

You don't do anything with RBA files, they are automatically packaged into CON files by Magma C3. If you only have RBA files, you have the old Magma installed.

#34 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 08:23 PM

Asking questions is great, it's the way to go. :)

You don't do anything with RBA files, they are automatically packaged into CON files by Magma C3. If you only have RBA files, you have the old Magma installed.

The Magma I'm using says "Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3" at the top. That's the newest version, right?

I double checked and I do have some files that look like CONs, although they don't have rb3con in the title - is that the way Magma C3 compiles them?

#35 Super Blooper

Super Blooper
  • 362 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 08:41 PM

The Magma I'm using says "Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3" at the top. That's the newest version, right?

I double checked and I do have some files that look like CONs, although they don't have rb3con in the title - is that the way Magma C3 compiles them?

Are they blank files, as in no extension?

If so, those are the CONs, and they don't need "rb3con" in the name to work, they can be named whatever you want.

Previously known as "AlexTaylor"

#36 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 08:55 PM

Are they blank files, as in no extension?

If so, those are the CONs, and they don't need "rb3con" in the name to work, they can be named whatever you want.

That sounds about right. I'll give those a try for my next custom and see if they work. Thanks for your help, everyone!

#37 Storm360

Storm360
  • 299 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, you want the files that are just named after the song, for example, my re-compile of "I Knew You Were Trouble" is just called Trouble, this is the file you need and it should work fine on your xbox.

I haven't had any issues so far with the songs showing up in game, even when updating with beard and Mango's reductions. The songs themselves play just fine too - no hiccups from what I've observed. Has anyone else run into any issues?

The RBA files are for "audition mode", which was the tool RBN authors used to preview songs (and also a method of customs before cons), if you aren't using audition mode, you don't need them.

The files themselves ran fine in game when I didn't edit it, and even when I replaced the chart file, it's just i'm a little OCD about scores saving since I frequently do cache rebuilds and rba converts don't seem to allow that (they don't show up if you edit the ID it seems)

#38 beard216

beard216
  • 2,013 posts

Posted January 3, 2016 - 11:24 PM

Reductions for KONGOS, TSwizzle, and Gaga coming soon! (They're already done, he's gotta update em!) :P

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#39 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted January 4, 2016 - 04:45 AM

The aforementioned reductions are up! Thanks beard!

#40 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Wondering for demons if you would like a vocal track and instrumental?

I would try get a guitar and song stem but i can't get anything good enough for it. 

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grace Potter, Poe, The Lonely Island, Bastille, Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users