Everything Wrong With Rock Band 4

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 343 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 03:48 PM

My thoughts on everything i could think of that is wrong with the game 

What are your guys gripes with the game? I was thinking of doing another episode once the December 8th patch comes out. 

#2 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 06:26 PM

They just should have called it Rock Band Reloaded. It can't possibly live up to 4.

If they just fix the underlying engine problems, I'll be fine with it. Poor audio mixing, calibration, stutters, and dreadful kick sensitivity (post firmware upgrade) have to be fixed.

#3 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,261 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted December 1, 2015 - 07:28 PM

Poor audio mixing, calibration, stutters, and dreadful kick sensitivity (post firmware upgrade) have to be fixed.

Isn't the audio mixing based on whatever audio codec they're using in the new engine?  I have to think that HMX tried a bunch of possibilities along the way and picked whatever was "best" sounding, no?  Like...is this something that can realistically be addressed?

#4 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 07:40 PM

Isn't the audio mixing based on whatever audio codec they're using in the new engine?  I have to think that HMX tried a bunch of possibilities along the way and picked whatever was "best" sounding, no?  Like...is this something that can realistically be addressed?

I've no idea what they're using as a CODEC.  The underlying oggs in RB3 files were fine.  If they switched to something else, that was a poor decision.

My hope is they just changed the levels without realizing it, and they just need to nudge the mixer.

#5 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 11:55 PM

While many of the things you mention bother me (practice mode, sorting), I don't play the game - at all - because I can't play pro drums with my e-kit. Too bad, because I'd buy every single piece of DLC if I could. At this point I no longer have any hope that the situation will be fixed any time soon. Heck, I bet the Cubs will win the NL pennant first.

#6 iammax

iammax
  • 597 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 01:30 AM

My biggest complaints are the ones least likely to be fixed, and they are:

1: xbone/ps4 only, instead of 360

2: mostly bad setlist, and dlc seems like dull choices too

3: the dropped instruments

Did they add pro faceoff/score duel back, anyway? 

#7 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,396 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 02:50 AM

I have very little desire to play RB4 because RB3 so far has done it better.

#8 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,358 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 03:31 AM

Nobody's mentioning that the worst thing that Rock Band 4 did was stop weekly C3 releases :argh:

#9 clintilona

clintilona
  • 605 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 05:31 AM

Lack of midi drum support and the horrible vocal lag pushed my group back to RB3 after three weekends post release. Audio quality is shit too when compared to RB3. Also, freestyle guitar solos are a bigger waste of time than I knew they would be. Aside from a few new songs that we really love, there is ZERO reason for us to ever play RB4 again at this point. Huge disappointment with the game. Hopefully Harmonix can fix it and get some more decent DLC out before the money runs out.
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#10 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,396 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 07:10 AM

I hope we all are eating our words a year from now regarding RB4.  I just noticed Singstar released a title update this week that completely overhauled their game that was released last year and it appears for the better after tinkering with it.  Harmonix just needs to take all this constructive criticism and overhaul the game next year.

#11 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,358 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 07:49 AM

There was no need to rush a release if the foundation was so poor. No sense leaving a bad taste in people's mouths if you're trying to rebuild your brand

#12 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,261 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted December 2, 2015 - 12:53 PM

There was no need to rush a release if the foundation was so poor. No sense leaving a bad taste in people's mouths if you're trying to rebuild your brand

They needed to restart the revenue stream.  I have no problem with that.  They were pretty clear about the fact that this was going to be an "ongoing release" platform...where they'd basically just patch in features as they went along.

#13 corporalgregg

corporalgregg
  • 142 posts

Posted December 4, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Nobody's mentioning that the worst thing that Rock Band 4 did was stop weekly C3 releases :argh:

You just gave me another reason to be disappointed with HMX and RB4 lol. Thanks. I'm not sure I will ever play RB4 at this point, it's easily the most disappointing game of 2015 for me.

#14 MACST3R

MACST3R
  • 91 posts

Posted December 7, 2015 - 03:53 AM

I have no complaints about the game to be honest.  I love this game, its easily becomming my most played game on the X1.  The only problem I have ran into is that the guitar sometimes locks up to where I have to unplug the batteries and put them back in.  The DLC so far has been the best I have ever seen.  I am one of the pickiest people out there but I have probably bought 90 percent of the DLC released so far since the release of RB4.  I currently have around 670 songs in the library.

#15 mb1nightmare

mb1nightmare
  • 249 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 08:32 PM

The complains that I have about RB4 are:

Missing Online and practice modes;
Less character customization;
Weird Animations. (It's just me, or the characters looks like they got BOTOX in the face?)

DNTmRgq.png

#16 b0rnwithabeard

b0rnwithabeard
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 07:25 AM

- useless character customisation

- no custom setlist. Lack of a custom setlist is a deal-breaker for me.

- pretty ordinary setlist

- lack of support for a lot of my favourite DLC from previous titles.

I'm just going to load up on custom songs for RB3, sell my copy of RB4 and hope that they sort their shit out for RB5

#17 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,396 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 01:40 PM

It really is unfathomable why you can't create a custom setlist.  I use it all the time in RB3 to play albums when I just want to play the 2X versions.  There is no excuse for having less options to sort and filter the setlist than RB3 especially with having 2000 songs in the game.  I have never supported a kick starter in my life but if I saw one for e-kit support on the XboxOne I would surely transfer funds to get that unit produced.

#18 FarFromTheHill

FarFromTheHill
  • 1 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 11:52 PM

Lack of MIDI drum support is the killer for me.

#19 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 586 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 01:40 PM

Lack of support for E drums is the killer for me also. 

I purchased RB4 the first day it came out. It still sets in the box unopened because of no E drums.

I own a set of Alesis DM10, I see no reason to go back to the plastic toy drums just to play RB4.

C3 has much better & more good songs then RB4 will ever have....... :haw:  

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#20 serenko

serenko
  • 21 posts

Posted August 2, 2016 - 03:18 AM

anyone know if we have a chance of ever getting rb4 to be more like rb2 or rb3 with character customization?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users