MFX Singalong: (single) Blue Öyster Cult - "Cagey Cretins"

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas O'Malley

Thomas O'Malley
  • 86 posts

Posted December 9, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ghost brings me back to my DDR days. Its nice to know where the song originated from though, finally going to check out all your vox only customs MFX thank your for sharing.

#22 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 05:21 PM

Mind blown. An electronic cover in DDR? Never knew!

#23 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 04:58 PM

SINGLE: David Bowie - "Absolute Beginners"

lo57bGD.jpg

Oh, Bowie, how we miss you already...

This was essentially the "title track" from the 1986 rock musical film, featuring the man himself among the cast. Loverly tune.

Audio edits: Shortened the intro slightly, eliminated the single's fade-out by splicing in the ending of the full-length version.

http://pksage.com/cc...eginners-r11007

(Here's the music video for the long version...)

#24 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 670 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:06 PM

Your tracks definitely need full band, especially Absolute Beginners. May I have the Reaper file to chart the instruments, please?

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#25 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Your tracks definitely need full band, especially Absolute Beginners. May I have the Reaper file to chart the instruments, please?

Sure thing! Message incoming...

#26 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,589 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 01:45 AM

The amount of Bowie coming out is outstanding.  We might see "Changes" soon.

#27 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 371 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:19 AM

Thank you for Absolute beginners! I also love that it could become full band.

The amount of Bowie coming out is outstanding.  We might see "Changes" soon.

I certainly hope we do. Not working on it but definitely eager to. Available time is another thing though.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#28 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 11:31 PM

SINGLE: The Fixx - "One Thing Leads to Another"

SXRYy0D.jpg

So we've already released The Fixx's "Saved by Zero", might as well provide their biggest hit from the same album, right?

UPDATE: @Bansheeflyer has now filled out this custom to Full Band! Such a great song (and another successful collab!), and now available to all players. As such, I'm taking down links to the old singalong, and here's a link to the release thread.

Audio edits: @Bansheeflyer spliced in a remix ending to eliminate the album version's fade-out, and I shortened the last repeat section just a little to get it down to multiples of 4.

http://pksage.com/cc...-another-r11508

#29 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 217 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 01:29 AM

Great pick.

You will need to fixx the release date - 2083 in visualizer.  

#30 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 03:05 AM

That's my general practice for these singalongs:

*** Also note that all of my singalong tracks have a release date 100 years in the future for easy sorting.

You can use it to filter out my vox-only songs when you have people playing instruments: would suck to force them to sit out! Once we have Full Band versions of these, the dates are fixed.

#31 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,477 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 05:51 PM

Oh sweet! Tell that gutter-slag delinquent working on the full band to hurry up, I want to play it.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#32 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:02 AM

MFX 03 - Arguably Industrial 3-pack

Is it industrial? Well, if you're not banging on shopping carts and oil drums like Einstürzende Neubauten, then it's always arguable!

These bands combine electronics and guitars to get a gritty and/or aggressive sound. That's good enough in my book for the broadest definition. The trouble is, HMX decided to slot Industrial as a subgenre to Metal! You'll have to forgive that minor setback.

3rrR95n.jpg

Hednoize- "Loaded Gun"

Daniel Lenz formed this project (with Brent Daniels) after techno group Psykosonik broke up: I guess there weren't enough Mortal Kombat movie soundtracks to keep them going!

Little bit of trivia here: this song was included in the original La Femme Nikita TV series and appeared on the soundtrack album. In fact, the death of TVT Records made it such that DVD licensing of the song was eventually deemed unresolvable, and it was removed from the episode "Off Profile" after the first manufacturing run.

Audio edits: Shortened intro and abridged piano solo

http://customscreato...aded-gun-r12141

qnEswiM.jpg

Machines of Loving Grace - "Suicide King"

These guys started more on the electronic side of the spectrum with their gritty brand of techno. Their second album was much more ambitious in terms of arrangements, but the third album "Gilt" brought a really heavy guitar sound, courtesy of Tool producer Sylvia Massy.

Audio edits: Shorter intro, synced timing of middle break, and I think a repeat or two got dropped along the way.

http://customscreato...ide-king-r12140

vcF5r92.jpg

Orgy - "Stitches"

From their debut and best of three* albums, "Candyass", this is the OTHER single that's not "Blue Monday".

(* After founder/vocalist Jay Gordon managed to boot out the other members to form Julien-K, he's tried to keep the act hobbling along, but it just ain't the same.)

Oh, and Orgy actually described themselves as 'Death Pop' at one point. Kinda fits.

Audio edits: Ummm... none? Only issue is that I vaguely remember time-aligning it to a continuous tempo for beatmatching at one point, which may have left artifacting.

http://customscreato...stitches-r12139

#33 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 861 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:11 AM

Someone please add the rest of the instruments to Stitches!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

#34 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:16 AM

Preview videos!

Apparently the whole rights kerfuffle over Hednoize's "Loaded Gun" has hit YouTube, too! Here's a crappy audio quality version to a questionable fan video:

#35 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:18 AM

Only an "audio-video" for Machines of Loving Grace - "Suicide King"

#36 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:19 AM

Fortunately, there was actually an official video for Orgy's "Stitches"!

#37 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,589 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:28 AM

I can't think of many authors who release vocal only customs.  You are unique!

#38 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 338 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 01:51 AM

Wow, someone else knows about Orgy!  That's awesome!  Way way wayyyy down the line, I want to do a couple of Orgy songs.  I have a 3 pack in mind.

#39 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted April 7, 2016 - 05:32 PM

I can't think of many authors who release vocal only customs.  You are unique!

Unfortunately my plastic drum kit (as well as the real one!) are still in boxes after the last move. I'd probably do an occasional drum chart if that were rectified, but it's much less of a space hassle to just plug in two mics to sing with the missus (these are all her requests, pretty much!).

Wow, someone else knows about Orgy!  That's awesome!  Way way wayyyy down the line, I want to do a couple of Orgy songs.  I have a 3 pack in mind.

I actually knew about Orgy earlier than most people, probably! I sold one of my guitar-synths to Amir before the first album even dropped. He told me about the band, and I figured I'd check them out. Good stuff!

#40 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted February 25, 2019 - 10:43 PM

What's this?! An update after two almost THREE years!?!?

MFX 04 - Ad Hoc Troubador 3-pack

Everyone has been asking for this one!!!

Okay, so I'm lying: NOBODY HAS BEEN ASKING FOR THIS ONE.

Straight outta the early 90's Michigan college scene, Ad Hoc Troubador was a synth-driven duo with a New Romantic mindset. Or is it post-New Wave? Or maybe they were perky-goth... Or maybe I'm safe to label them as "Glam" because none of you know them from any other band and you're not gonna call me on it!

Typical singalong rules are in play: Audio edits to cut down instrumental sections and for hard starts and ends. Release date is 100 years in the future for easy filtering.

Uv86znI.jpg

Ad Hoc Troubador - "Addiction"

Download Link

EA3oZjd.jpg

Ad Hoc Troubador - "We Hear the Same Trains"

Download Link

nIuvKtk.jpg

Ad Hoc Troubador - "Yosemite"

Download Link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users