• 159 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 02:13 PM

LGBT Pack 01

** Cherax Destructor – The Rescue *

** Hayley Kiyoko – Girls Like Girls *

** Kirin J Callinan – Big Enough (ft. Alex Cameron) *

** Miike Snow – Genghis Khan *

** Wrabel – The Village

Songs with an asterisk (*) next to them also have pro guitar/bass charted where applicable.

I hope you're all enjoying C3thon as much as I am! I have a few more songs up my sleeve for the event, but in the meantime here are some other customs I've been working on lately!

8SnWP9u.jpg

While I'm not as well versed in pony music as some other authors on this forum, I have a good friend who's been active in the community and who occasionally links me tracks. It is this way I've been fortunate enough to discover Cherax's music, of which I hopefully will be able to chart more in the future. The Rescue, based on a Vinyl x Octavia fanfiction, is her most well known track, even though it still is criminally underrated. I hope that it might reach a few more people as I release this custom, but above all I hope you enjoy playing it because it is one of those rare tracks that's highly enjoyable to play on every instrument. And while it is still pretty laid back in terms of difficulty on guitar, bass and keys, it features really cool harmonies and the drum track gets very crazy towards the end.

Special thanks to egead, who despite not authoring much lately insisted on making this killer venue track for the custom!

9FW1jKN.jpg

While it is pretty far from The Rescue in terms of instrumental complexity, Girls Like Girls is an amazing track that I'm still pretty baffled that it reached such mainstream popularity after it's release. Considering the last time I remember any kind of representation in the mainstream kind of pop music was Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl (eyeroll), this song was definitely most welcome.

1uTwkbA.jpg

4g58R1I.jpg

There's a good chance you've heard this one due to its meme factor. It's an interesting song to say the least. It takes the trope of two cowboys falling in love and does... something with it. I'm not sure what it does. But it does something.

EtfYUbX.jpg

Speaking of tropes, Genghis Khan by Miike Snow has a really groovy music video telling a love story between a James Bond kind of villain and his captive. Drums are the clear spotlight in this song, and while the main beat isn't terribly difficult, there are a lot of interesting and intense fills in this chart.

BJByi6d.jpg

Another very recent track, The Village tells the story of a trans boy growing up in an unsupportive family. While the instrumentation isn't the most proper for a Rock Band track, being a vocal centric song accompanied by some orchestral parts, the vocals themselves were interesting enough for me to want to chart this, reaching some pretty high notes to belt out in the chorus.

Thanks to Farottone, who I believe won't require any introduction, for providing feedback on the vocals chart for this one!

#142 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 159 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 01:54 AM

New song added!

** Neru – Abstract Nonsense (ft. Kagamine Rin) *

Songs with an asterisk (*) next to them also have pro guitar/bass charted where applicable.

HQq0tv4.jpg

It does seem like a lot of Vocaloid producers use Kagamine Rin for some pretty dark songs. I wonder if it's because of the contrast it creates with her cheerful appearance and personality, or just because her voice works very well with more aggressive music.

#143 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 159 posts

Posted January 24, 2018 - 10:32 PM

New song added!

** Eminem – Rap God *

UQCA3Xs.jpg

Charting vocals for this track was sure quite a mind-numbing task, but seeing this in-game after all this work is really cool. This track features some infamously fast rapping, so best of luck to anyone attempting vocals.

#144 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,226 posts

Posted January 25, 2018 - 01:05 AM

Nice job! Those vocals must have been fun haha.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#145 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 115 posts

Posted January 25, 2018 - 10:25 AM

Wow, this is one of the coolest customs I've seen yet. Those vocals haha. Also the pro bass chart.

#146 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 159 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 11:26 PM

Updates to earlier releases:

** ZUN – Bad Apple!! [Pro Guitar Upgrade]

** ZUN – The Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood [Pro Guitar Upgrade]

** ZUN – Plain Asia [Pro Guitar Upgrade]

uOhmbYH.jpg

OVtNxQn.jpg

HnEaGPt.jpg

Adding pro guitar/bass charts to some of my ZUN customs. Bad Apple!! also received stems in this update, and I'll be adding stems to Spirit Battle ~ Perdition Crisis shortly as well. I've also made a lot of fixes to the previously existing charts, so make sure to get the new versions even if you're not interested in playing pro guitar!

#147 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 159 posts

Posted April 8, 2018 - 09:53 PM

New song added!

** Sorenova – It's a Cold and It's a Broken Waluigi

loUpwym.jpg

sorry not sorry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)