Keys charted on guitar, what do I mark it as?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 expertwin

expertwin
  • 90 posts

Posted November 8, 2015 - 01:01 AM

I have a song where I charted keys on guitar, in the vein of certain RB4 songs. However, I did not make a Keys chart for the song. Should I mark the song as having un-authored keys or should I mark it as not having keys?

#2 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,679 posts

Posted November 8, 2015 - 01:11 AM

If the song's audio is purely keys, and you're authoring it on guitar, the better question you have to ask yourself is why?

If it's mostly guitar and a tiny bit of keys, eh, maybe an ok choice. In the world of RB3 customs that's frowned on.

But just charting keys on guitar for the hell of it? I would rather not see that on the database at all.

#3 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,803 posts

Posted November 8, 2015 - 01:22 AM

Does the song have guitar? Which kind of keys are we talking?

#4 expertwin

expertwin
  • 90 posts

Posted November 8, 2015 - 02:43 AM

The guitar is rather sparse in the song (the sections with keys have no guitar at all) so I felt it would benefit from having keys charted to guitar. There is a variety of keys throughout the song (piano, organ), most of which have been charted to guitar. I marked it as a “Legacy Version” because sometime I may release a proper version of the chart.

For now, I marked it as having the Legacy instruments (G/B/D/V).

#5 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,803 posts

Posted November 8, 2015 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, mark it as keys missing then. RB4 is no frame of reference because keys were dropped altogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users